Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

TEMEVO/SFL Info.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ev0206
Ok guys heres the deal. I just got back in the office from the walk thru of an investment property im closing on next week. I met up with my cousin since hes my mortgage broker and we went together. I left my car at his house. Apparently his son who is about 19 if im not mistaken took my car for a ride, which is fine with me but i told him not to drive hard. As im driving to the office I dont hit boost because im driving like prvrt. However when I want to pass someone I hit the gas and my boost doesnt seem to kick in the way im accustomed to. I hear it but it seems to boost then fall off a bit then I feel the boost come on again. It does not pull hard until that point. I know its not my clutch thats slipping. I doubt my tranny or transfer case have problems because theres almost always signs that let you know failure is inevitable. I took a look around and see no visible evidence of damage. The only thing I can think of is that I have a boost leak somewhere. Do you guys have any suggestions? By the way I really want to kill my cousins son. Good thing hes rich because if that boy messed anything up hes got more than enough money to pay for it.
Does it bog down and stall when you are reaching 3500rpms???? Thats happene to me when my upper IC pipe was loose!!!! And it won't spool up!!! Check the pipes and the BOV is it the plastic one or is it MR???
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Scooter, What time are you leaving your house for Homestead Sun. morning?
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by PRVRT
Does it bog down and stall when you are reaching 3500rpms???? Thats happene to me when my upper IC pipe was loose!!!! And it won't spool up!!! Check the pipes and the BOV is it the plastic one or is it MR???
It does not stall and it really doesnt bog. It just doesnt go anywhere I hear it spool then boost drops and bam!!! Boost rises and I feel the kick im used to. I didnt really take the time to look at my upper IC piping carefully since I had to go back tto the office. I have the plastic bov. I figure its my bov so i might change it this weekend when I meet up with dr mr to go to the tuner shop by his house.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by dr.mr
Hey Scooter, What time are you leaving your house for Homestead Sun. morning?
Im going to be giving you a call saturday probably around 11 am so I can meet up with you and take my car to your tuner. Is that time fine with you Dr???
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Do you have upgraded lower ic piping ?? if so i will check it when i put my buschur lower ic pipe that was happending since it was loose and i wasnt aware of it mad a really loud pop then boost will kick in again. i tighten it and it runs like a charm no more problems. if you have a intake check itand make sure that its around the turbo sometimes it will loosen and come off and leak and power will come and go
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

It does not stall and it really doesnt bog. It just doesnt go anywhere I hear it spool then boost drops and bam!!! Boost rises and I feel the kick im used to. I didnt really take the time to look at my upper IC piping carefully since I had to go back tto the office. I have the plastic bov. I figure its my bov so i might change it this weekend when I meet up with dr mr to go to the tuner shop by his house.
If you have the BOV, change it tonight and go for a little test!!! IF it does the same thing!!! You might want to have trini take a look at it!!!
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

If you have a boost controller or boost guage check the vacuum lines.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by redevo561
Do you have upgraded lower ic piping ?? if so i will check it when i put my buschur lower ic pipe that was happending since it was loose and i wasnt aware of it mad a really loud pop then boost will kick in again. i tighten it and it runs like a charm no more problems. if you have a intake check itand make sure that its around the turbo sometimes it will loosen and come off and leak and power will come and go
No I dont have the upgraded IC piping. I will look at all the piping as soon as I get home this afternoon. I dont really hear a pop. I just hear the bov then I feel a drop in boost and boost rises again and im off. I do have the hks rs intake so I will look at that. I took a brief look but I didnt mess with it too much since I needed to go back to work. Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah no problem What are your mod's ?
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Good point!!!
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:47 PM

I have the HKS EVC. I hope I have to time to look at all this $hit today. I have a busy afternoon with two meetings that could take forever.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Thats a good point!!!
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah when you check the intake look at the vac lines that run under the intake i think there's 2 lines see if they are on i believe one is vac. not sure tho but hopefully it's something small.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:50 PM

Yeah no problem What are your mod's ?
HKS RS intake, HKS EVC, Tanabe exhaust, AEM EMS, Perrin cat delete pipe, Exedy twin disc clutch, Walboro 255 (to be installed tommorow) thats about it.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:54 PM

I have to get an aftermarket bov. I want the MR bov but if I cant resolve this problem im going to have to buy one tommorow. I know of no shop that has the mr bov in stock.

Quick Reply: TEMEVO/SFL Info.