Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Man, I love living in Florida.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, I love living in Florida.

cross posted to c-rsx, http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=357233

Long story short, read below for the full details, but i'll throw the pics up first.

and this is what i was driving.

Old Feb 11, 2006, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Was driving up to drop the evo off to get work done...

On the beeline, about 5 miles from 95, headed west... Old lady keeps speeding up, slowing down in the left hand lane. 60 to 80. She can't keep it in her lane either.

People honkin, giving her the finger, etc.. I simply turn the high beams on and left them on.

About a mile down, traffic to the right clears, and i get over and gun it (acceleration with this much weight doesn't happen quick), when i finally got up and was passing her, i got into one of those zones where they take away the shoulder. I'm hugging the right, i look to my right mirror, and i'm less than 4 inches from the concrete, i look back to the left, and i see this broad just tearing into the side of the trailer. I'm like WTF! The corner of the trailer grabs the front fender as i go on by and as you can see, trailer = 1, hyundai = 0.

Wait for an hr for a state trooper, and finally got outta there.

No damage to the truck, or the evo, trailer has some tire rub, and a partially bent license plate, and a tiny chip of paint on the light bar.

Edit: i forgot to mention, this car was an enterprise rental! They were freaking old tourists!! Double edit: she's weeks away from turning 75!

Last edited by WarmPepsi; Feb 11, 2006 at 06:55 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glad the evo didn't get hurt
Old Feb 11, 2006, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

you and me both man, thats the first thing i looked for after i saw they were fine, was i went up and down it to check.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Damn, did they cite anyone???
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

i guess here hyundai rental does compare to her Caddy that drives for her at home! LOL
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

florida is great for old people that cant drive and well people that cant drive sucks that happend to ya but good to hear all your stuff is fine
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolved83
glad the evo didn't get hurt
+1
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
Damn, did they cite anyone???
nope, and the form they hand you, doesn't even have a place to list fault. Have to wait 8-10 business days.

Honestly, i don't feel safe on my motorcycle from about october to march, it's completely unsafe to be out on one, even though it's the PERFECT place and time of the year to ride. So many elderly don't even look, just can't drive.

I really wish florida would pass a law or something, if you're over 65, and have property here, you have to pass a vision and a driving test again, along with a competent skills test.

I believe florida has re-testing of florida drivers over that age, but if you're from outta state with a second home, you're exempt, and more the hazard.

Like people driving on I-95. Speed limit is 70, traffic is going 80, they're sitting there going 50-55 in either the right OR the left lane...

end rant.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

They don't call Florida God's waiting room for nothing. There are alot of bad drivers that get even worse when they get older. Glad your evo wasn't damaged.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

It's a good thing they weren't drinving some bigass SUV! Glad to hear everything is ok though
Old Feb 12, 2006, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Badog
It's a good thing they weren't drinving some bigass SUV! Glad to hear everything is ok though
amen, good point.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
I really wish florida would pass a law or something, if you're over 65, and have property here, you have to pass a vision and a driving test again, along with a competent skills test.

I believe florida has re-testing of florida drivers over that age, but if you're from outta state with a second home, you're exempt, and more the hazard.

Like people driving on I-95. Speed limit is 70, traffic is going 80, they're sitting there going 50-55 in either the right OR the left lane...

end rant.
Wow, when I saw those pictures I was waiting for the picture of your EVO to be all jacked up! I agree with you about the tests. Something has to be done. If you think Florida is bad..SC has got to be on par or worse!
Old Feb 13, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8thWonder
Wow, when I saw those pictures I was waiting for the picture of your EVO to be all jacked up! I agree with you about the tests. Something has to be done. If you think Florida is bad..SC has got to be on par or worse!
as much as i could wish that was so, i had a guy nearly lock it up to brake at a green light on the drive home. he sat, waited 3-4 seconds, and waited til it was yellow, then red, despite my horn, and then waited for it to turn green and went on his merry way.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 03:50 PM
Account Disabled

we need less old people and hyundai's on the road anyway.

good job.