Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Lokey Mitsubishi VIOLATED state law

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 01:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

dealerships continue to amaze me...
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:02 PM

That is so true. Dealerships in general think and most of the time get away with so much.

For instance, warranty repair. Yes we like to mod our cars - put a new exhaust in, put a intake and then something else breaks and they dont cover it.

Lokey Mitsubishi told me that since I had a 0 gauge wire for my amps that it could void certain things on my warranty. I sure hope they were only talking about maybe the battery or alternator.

We need to stand up to big business - stand up to Dealerships. Maybe with more cases like mine they will start to do so.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

thats great to hear, i love it when the little guys win!
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

this isnt the 1st if heard of this happening. When i was looking to buy an evo I ran across a guy selling one that had been damaged before he bought it and was unaware of it. It was damaged with like 30 miles on it repaired by the dealer then sold to him all i have to say is man would i be pissed.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by BoostWhore
this isnt the 1st if heard of this happening. When i was looking to buy an evo I ran across a guy selling one that had been damaged before he bought it and was unaware of it. It was damaged with like 30 miles on it repaired by the dealer then sold to him all i have to say is man would i be pissed.

I sure was pissed too. However, I hope that guy with the EVO did what I did. Depending how long its been he might still have legal rights (but he sold it). That is he did not recover from it before.

They were probably hoping that when I left there I was going to gone forever.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

i never had a problem with the service department tho,
actually my car is in there now for a new motor from the flood we had a couple of weeks ago.
the mechanics there are good, i dont know about the rest of the employee's as i do not associate with them. when evan was the service writer he took care of me and my car had mods on it also.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

i might need to get my vin checked though all these stories are scarying me
Old Feb 28, 2006, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by vletnguyen
i might need to get my vin checked though all these stories are scarying me
If you decide to go there post a reply on here to inform members that they were either honest or dishonest on that purchase.

I want others to know that they don’t have to be abused and there are remedies available to you if you are a victim of consumer fraud. It just goes to show that we young buyers are taken advantage of.

Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:01 PM

I'm not purposely trying to sound like a jerk, but has no heard of SEMA?

www.sema.org

Clip from their about section.

SEMA also has helped numerous consumers interact with car dealers, who sometimes try to get away with charging for repairs on a modified vehicle by claiming (wrongly) that specialty accessories have voided its warranty.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:42 PM

Moondawg1982 maybe u could point me in the right direction. I bought a used 2002 oz rally lil over a year and found out it was in a wreck. I could not do anything about it because i was moving to florida but im gonna be moving back to ct soon.(long story) It was not noticable when i first bought it so the work must of been done recent of buying it but everything is starting to stand out now. The drivers door was replaced along with the side mirror. The side mirror is now faded and i have paint chipping above the driver side window which is because of the respray. I confronted the dealership and they nudged me off and practically yelling at me saying what do u want me to do about it. This was not at a mitsubishi dealership but a used car dealer but they sold all sorts of expensive vehicles from porsches to bmw's. They told me it was a clean car and gave me a clear carfax. I payed a price of about $10,000 which was kbb retail pricing at the time, if i knew it was in an accident i would of not even purchased it. Now im stuck still paying on the car and the paint is falling off which i see everytime i enter it which kills me.

Any help would be great. Thx
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by ahockey55555
Moondawg1982 maybe u could point me in the right direction. I bought a used 2002 oz rally lil over a year and found out it was in a wreck. I could not do anything about it because i was moving to florida but im gonna be moving back to ct soon.(long story) It was not noticable when i first bought it so the work must of been done recent of buying it but everything is starting to stand out now. The drivers door was replaced along with the side mirror. The side mirror is now faded and i have paint chipping above the driver side window which is because of the respray. I confronted the dealership and they nudged me off and practically yelling at me saying what do u want me to do about it. This was not at a mitsubishi dealership but a used car dealer but they sold all sorts of expensive vehicles from porsches to bmw's. They told me it was a clean car and gave me a clear carfax. I payed a price of about $10,000 which was kbb retail pricing at the time, if i knew it was in an accident i would of not even purchased it. Now im stuck still paying on the car and the paint is falling off which i see everytime i enter it which kills me.

Any help would be great. Thx
Not being a lawyer or anything but...

The major difference is that your car was purchased used not a new untitled vehicle. Thats the major difference. Also laws vary by state. One of the major probems is with used vehicles the dealer often does not know the extent on prior damage. They often get the cars traded in or they buy them at auction.

If you can prove that they knew the car was damaged - sure its not ethical but we are talking about salesmen. Florida has the fair and resonable clause.

For instance...My car was damaged in a car accident and I sell my car private seller and the person asked me if the car was ever in a accident. If I say no and then they can prove that it was and they can prove that they asked me the question they can get me of breach of contract. Its always best to get everything in writing.

Thats my advice