Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Coming to Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming to Atlanta

I will be in ATL next week and then again the week of the 29th. I was wondering if anything was going on that i should check out?

I may also end up relocating to Atlanta. What areas should i look for houses in? I am looking for a more of an upscale area (like summerlin in las vegas if that helps). I have 2 kids so a good school district would be great too. i dont mind driving if the better areas are further out of town.

Thanks for your help!!!!! If there is an EVO meet let me know i would love to check out your rides!!!
Old May 2, 2006, 01:21 PM

if you coming down on the 12-13 there is a formula drift going on...

upscale area?? u rich??... i would say either buckhead/lenox/downtown atlanta for small homes wit big pricetags... if you look for big homes wit big pricetags.. i would have to say the alphretta/gwinnett/duluth area...

there is a house for sale in my neighboorhood for just under a mill... pm for address if u want...

schools... i hate school lol... but ne ways there are a lot of good schools in georgia... but the best way to go(the only way i no) is going to a private school... there are many of these in georgia...

anyways good luck wit it... and hope u like atl..
Old May 3, 2006, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

thanks..Not rich but i do well... i am looking around the300k- 500k range for house....I made killer money on the house i own in vegas and the other 2 condos i bought so i have a little cash to spend. If i can find one for 300k i wont have a mortage :-) All all really want is a nice clean neighborhood, around 2000 to 2200 sqft house with a good size yard for my dogs..
Old May 3, 2006, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cobb County is a great place to live. We have some of the best schools in the US. Check out some homes in the North east and west portions of the county. Very nice.

It's located just Northwest of Atlanta with Marietta being roughly 25 miles away from Atlanta via I-75
Old May 3, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Event-Horizon
Cobb County is a great place to live. We have some of the best schools in the US. Check out some homes in the North east and west portions of the county. Very nice.

It's located just Northwest of Atlanta with Marietta being roughly 25 miles away from Atlanta via I-75

Perfect!!! I'll check it out!!!
Old May 3, 2006, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Contemplating same thing here.

How's the job market in Atlanta these days?

I really miss being back there...
Old May 3, 2006, 04:42 PM

yep... cobb county is a great place to live...

i think the further north you go from atlanta (85N bound) the big the houses get for less money... those areas havent been fully developed yep but they are pretty nice homes... around the mall of georgia area... schools would prob district to peachtree ridge high and dacula high... dont no bout middle and elemetary... but look into gwinnett county... its a great place to live... i luv it here...
Old May 4, 2006, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

I heard there is a place named "cab" or something like that and that i need to avoid it at all costs. i will be in the perimiter area for 2 weeks, am i close this this place or am i ok. thanks
Old May 4, 2006, 10:36 AM
Account Disabled

Dekalb? Or Cobb?
Old May 4, 2006, 12:12 PM

You may find that picking an area near where you are going to work is a good idea in Atlanta. We have traffic like few cities (DC, Houston, LA). If you work in the Dunwoody area (which is what it sounds like) you may want to look in that area for houses. Home prices are a little higher, but it's a nice area like you are looking for. This will save you a lot of time in traffic and costs of commuting. Schools are pretty solid as well.
Old May 4, 2006, 12:48 PM

yep... traffic in ga SUCKS...
Old May 4, 2006, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

It depends what you want. It seems most people in Georgia like to live out in the woods with over 3000 sq feet for 2 people and drive 40-60 miles and spend 10-15 hours a week in a car. Spend the cash and live in a better area. Alph sucks, so does Gwinett. Cobb is okay and that's where I am now. If you live downtown you can put the kids in a good school but you will pay for it. All depends on what you want. I work in 30326 the richest zip in the state, they have some nice stuff here but you better make 100k+ to live in this area.
Old May 5, 2006, 02:53 AM

atlmethevo... i have no idea where u getting this information from.. 30326 the richest zip in the state?!?!... last time i heard i was on in alph... 30022... and i dont see how alph and gwinnett sucks... they are the most recently built cities and most of it is still being developed...
Old May 5, 2006, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

The money is downtown just like it has always been, Here is a cut and past as well as the link. The average income here is 235k a year. Alph is full of $20 millionaires, they have a new car and house but no savings in the bank or 401k. As you know wealth is not having a 100k car but having 500k in the bank and driving a nice car also the zip was 30327 not 6 sorry

http://wealth.mongabay.com/tables/10...des-10000.html

Originally Posted by s0lja
atlmethevo... i have no idea where u getting this information from.. 30326 the richest zip in the state?!?!... last time i heard i was on in alph... 30022... and i dont see how alph and gwinnett sucks... they are the most recently built cities and most of it is still being developed...

Last edited by Atlmethevo; May 5, 2006 at 10:44 AM.
Old May 5, 2006, 12:59 PM

i thought u were talking bout like the most expensive houses/land cost... i never heard of 30327 lol... o well...

alph and gwinnett dont suck... all the cool ppl live in those places... aka me lol... jk