Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

The Varsity scene in Atlanta in July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Varsity scene in Atlanta in July

Hey, I took some photos... It's getting to be a big event, and I left way before the crowd really gets there

Old Jul 6, 2006, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

more pics

There were anumber of EVOs too...

Old Jul 6, 2006, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great pics, It was a good time and lots of people did show up, More then I though. I have not been up there in years but the crowd is pretty cool.
Old Jul 6, 2006, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

more pics

More pics

Old Jul 7, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

cant wait to come back home........any kind of meets going on in the next 2 weeks?? ill be back in town to pick my ride up from dyno4mance
Old Jul 7, 2006, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

How often is this meet? Where exactly is it located? What goes on? Is it just standing around looking at each other's rides, etc?
Old Jul 7, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krazyrob
cant wait to come back home........any kind of meets going on in the next 2 weeks?? ill be back in town to pick my ride up from dyno4mance
I don't know about any meets coming up. However, the Miata ppl have a Miatas at the Gap on the weekend of July 28-30.. Welcome back and say hello to Andrew from me!

Originally Posted by spudlus
How often is this meet? Where exactly is it located? What goes on? Is it just standing around looking at each other's rides, etc?
First Thursday of each month at the Varsity Drive-in (the original one) in the corner of Spring street and Noth Avenue... I've only been 3 times. It seems to be getting bigger and bigger. I hear that there were over 500 cars in one of the past events. People just congregate to shoot the breeze, look at cars (and girls ), and that sort of stuff. I think that sometimes things get "interesting" after nightfall, but I don't know since I don't stay too long. It's kind of neat checking out some of the wilder rides that show up. It's a laid back kind of thing and all kinds of cars and people show up. The imports (Asian and Euro) predominate, but all sorts of cars and trucks can show up including pimpmoblies, etc.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 05:59 AM

hey anybody know of anything coming up in mid AUG, I just got my Evo and i want to meet some of the other Evo owners from GA. I'm deployed to Iraq now but I will be home for a few weeks in AUG. Hit me up
Old Jul 10, 2006, 09:33 AM
Account Disabled

check out the *********************

all of the evo owners that was there in those pictures are from the Evo GA///SE (Evolution owners club of Georgia and South East).

Their forum is really regional, and they basically know each other well. wish I was there....
Old Jul 10, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by forbidden color
check out the *********************

all of the evo owners that was there in those pictures are from the Evo GA///SE (Evolution owners club of Georgia and South East).

Their forum is really regional, and they basically know each other well. wish I was there....
What's the *********************?????? a PM would work if it's not allowed to spell out what you wrote... It's not some profanity, is it?
Old Jul 10, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by silverEVO8
What's the *********************?????? a PM would work if it's not allowed to spell out what you wrote... It's not some profanity, is it?
For some strange reason the website won't come up, so the super duper secret name is www.evolution**.com the 2 letters after evolution would be SE for Southeast.

As for the meeting at the Varsity, it's located in Downtown Atlanta at the VARSITY on the 1st Thursday of every month.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:17 PM

You ALMOST got a picture of my R32 in there!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

I signed up to that site 2 times but the admin must be a moron and not know how to reset or send out passwords
Old Jul 11, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Atlmethevo
I signed up to that site 2 times but the admin must be a moron and not know how to reset or send out passwords
I don't know about any morons, but I signed up too and I've not recieved the email to confirm the whole thing.. For now all I can do is look around a little bit, but I cannot post or even use some of the links ... I would suggest taking care of the newcomers or forget it.

Last edited by silverEVO8; Jul 11, 2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 07:09 PM

Yeah he is currently having problems with registering people and stuff but he is working on it...

haha nice to see your new evo pete and i see sung next to his red evo..!!