Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Who wants an AMS tune?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who wants an AMS tune?

Chris at Automotosports (ya know, the guys who've built some of the world's fastest and most powerful Evos!) is toying with the idea of doing road trips for tunes. He is offering their Custom and Base flashes. I won't get into all the details as you can read it HERE. They can tune all year model Evo's and even optimize the MIVEC on 9's.
I just spoke with him on the phone and he was thinking around 4 people minimum to make it worth his time. I doubt this is set in stone yet as it's a new idea for them. We have a Mustang Dyno going in here in Fayetteville so he can definately tweak your car for maximum power while still keeping it safe.
If anyone is interested let's see a show of hands (virtual). And pass thew word around to any Evo owners around NC, SC, VA, WV, and GA.

Edited to start a list of who's down:

1. Cirrusly Evolvd (Deposit)
2. BigRic09 (Deposit)
3. TheEvoDream (Deposit)
4. psycko069 (Deposit)
5. Brokeazzlos (Deposit)
6. Subydudesti (Deposit)
7. Evojacko (Paid in Full)
8. loltom (Deposit)
9. Sick9 (Deposit)
10. 4G2NR (Deposit)
11. HP06MR (Deposit)
12. Tribal (Deposit)

When everyone is ready we can all make deposits at http://www.amsflash.com
They ask for at least $100 down to secure the date and then full payment at time of tune or anytime before.

UPDATE 15 January 2007:

Ok fellas, here's the news you've been waiting to hear. I have reached an agreement with H&H and we have a set dyno cost for those who are interetsted in a dyno tune vs. road tune.

Now keep in mind that road tuning can be and is dangerous. You will be doing multiple pulls at high rates of speed on an open road which is not only risky, but can be costly if you are busted by the cops. (AMS is not responsible for any tickets incurred while tuning) I recommend that those getting custom tunes do so on the dyno as it is the easiest meathod by which the tuner can see gains, and it is also the safest.

Now on the to good stuff. The cost to rent the dyno is $750 for one day or $1200 for two days. Chris@AMS has told me that he can usually knock out 6 cars in a 12 hour period (which is the longest he will tune in one sitting). Now if we ONLY have 6 people who wish to use the dyno that will be $125 per person which is a lot cheaper than paying $150/hr (normal dyno cost)

If we have more than 6 people wanting to get custom tuned on the dyno we will have to split the tune up over two days. As you can see, the more people we have paying for dyno time, the cheaper it will be for all of us.

This is a group rate rental for the entire day (or two days) for those of us wishing to be custom tuned on the dyno. If you wish to be road tuned or base-flashed and then make a few pulls afterwards to see where you are at, we can work with you depending on time. Otherwise it will be $75 for three pulls which DOES NOT include any tuning time.

The dyno at H&H is a load-based Mustang dyno. IT WILL and is DESIGNED to simulate real-world driving loads. If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me a PM. If you have specific questions about the dyno you can call H&H at 910-424-3278 and they can give you more specific details.

We will start off with 6 slots for Saturday the 3rd of February. This will be done by appt. I will set the first tune time at 9 AM and every two hours afterwards. Since we have more than 6 people on the list those of you who DO NOT wish to be tuned on the dyno please put your name down for a two-hour slot on Sunday. IF we do have more than 6 for dyno tunes we will finish out with the remainder on Sunday and move on to road tunes. Base flashes can be done in between dyno/road tunes.

::UPDATE 24 JAN::
I just got a call from Chris at AMS and he suggests we split the dyno tunes over both days evenly. No more than 5 on one day. (we have 12 people total) BigRic09 and I will move to Monday as I know some of you will be traveling from out of town. Reason for this is due to the tunes being 2 hours each and also the required time for strapping/un-strapping and setup on the dyno. The time slots may also change depending on lunch break and start time. Please be flexible and be sure to arrive early so that we can make this a seamless day.

DYNO COST is $125 per person. This ammount is set and will not change unless someone drops out. If you have any doubts as to your willingness or ability to afford this option please speak up now so that you don't screw the rest of us into paying more

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.

Saturday:

1. 9-11 Tribal (Dyno Custom)
2. 11-1 psycko069 (Dyno Custom)
3. 1-3 evojacko (Dyno Custom)
4. 3-5 theEVOdream (Dyno Tune)
5. 5-7 brokeazzlos (Dyno Custom)

Sunday: (same time slots)

1. 9-11 loltom (Dyno Custom)
2. 11-1 Subydudesti (Dyno Custom)
3. 1-3 Sick9 (Dyno Custom)
4. 3-5 HP06MR (Dyno Custom)
5. 5-7 4G2NR (Dyno Custom)

Monday:

1. 8:30-10:30 Cirrusly Evolvd
2. 10:30-12:30 BigRic09

H&H Performance
834 Stanley Street
Fayetteville, NC 28306
910-424-FAST

Last edited by Cirrusly Evolvd; Jan 25, 2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

After talking to a few Evo owners around here we have 5 "highly" interested people. I'm staying on top of the dyno install here in Fayetteville and will see if the shop here will work with us to get good dyno rates for this.
Don't sleep on this people, we can make it happen.
Old Nov 4, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

AMS will be definately getting my money if they come. If you build it they will come....lol.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 12:14 AM

Good luck guys!

Last edited by spoolin spec v; Nov 5, 2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Well I don't know anything about "tunners" but what is your point?
Old Nov 5, 2006, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
go ahead and edit your first post, and put up the list .... you can put me at number 2
Old Nov 5, 2006, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by spoolin spec v
wait, i thought two of the best evo tunners in the country where in Orlando?!

U know something...again you go starting it all over again do you ever learn from your first mistake?..I saw you on friday didnt talk to you but as what I over heard your STI that was tuned was not doing well. Please keep your side comments to yourself.......
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Uhm, Spoolin Spec V and Sportmitsubishi...if you have a beef with something or someone please keep it in your own thread or over PM. This thread is for those who are interested in receiving an AMS tune. Thank you...
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:55 AM

dubble post pwns me.

Last edited by spoolin spec v; Nov 5, 2006 at 09:11 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Uhm apparantly you don't comprehend english very well....go somewhere else with your crap. We don't care.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spoolin spec v
Ohhhhhhh you mean the STOCK sti with 1100 miles? how can it be tuned if its stock? Oh yea...did i mention it was stock?
Hey my car is almost stock...........LET'S DOOO IT!!!!! Oh, but let's get out of this thread first... That other guy in here is starting to get mad...
Old Nov 5, 2006, 09:10 AM

Yes, iam going back and editing my post....Sorry guys
Old Nov 5, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn **** talkers lol.... we need to find out when the dyno will be isntalled ... hopefully this isnt like the guy at that car show with all of the promises of expectations, and not any results and the dyno will be installed shortly
Old Nov 5, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

I would hope not. H&H has put a lot of work into digging that pit and cementing it. I'm willing to bet that it is Mustang who are dragging their feet due to it being SEMA week.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

I would be interested for sure!!

Quick Reply: Who wants an AMS tune?