Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Charlotte Area Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tribe
Would be nice to meet some of the local EVO owners.
Definitely, thanks for chiming in. At some point in the near future we'll have to organize an informal meet, very laid back, just meet somewhere and introduce ourselves.

Originally Posted by trbo996
Not to threadjack, but does anyone have a suspension shop in the area that they would recommend? Looking to throw on some coilovers, whiteline roll center and bump steer, and get a full corner weight/alignment.
You should give them a call and ask for prices. FWIW their facility does look top notch:

Old Jan 2, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sleeper3
Definitely, thanks for chiming in. At some point in the near future we'll have to organize an informal meet, very laid back, just meet somewhere and introduce ourselves.

You should give them a call and ask for prices. FWIW their facility does look top notch:

I agree, that's why I called them. I guess you guys can see why they quoted me 7g's

someone who has been there (nudge nudge cough evo mr) should chime in about how they compare to other shops, pricing included. I'm curious to see if I just got them on a bad day or something. we can tell from the pictures it's an awesome shop
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:44 AM

I used them for tuning and i was very happy. Shop was really nice too.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
I agree, that's why I called them. I guess you guys can see why they quoted me 7g's

someone who has been there (nudge nudge cough evo mr) should chime in about how they compare to other shops, pricing included. I'm curious to see if I just got them on a bad day or something. we can tell from the pictures it's an awesome shop

I have only used them to help weld up my high flow cat...( I have never used them for any other service, I usually install all my own parts) I did purchase my defi gauges from them and the price was more than fair. I have been to two of their dyno days and have many friends with subaru's that go there all the time.

I have no idea why they wanted to charge $7K for a turbo kit install (crazy) hell if you pay me half that I will install whatever you want. Maybe there was a misunderstanding? Maybe they thought you wanted them to make a custom kit?

I would love to meet up with other local Evo owners, I had a huge local group in VA but when I moved here couldn't find any fellow evo owners. I hang out with a group of subaru owners and we go autoxing and have BBQ's great bunch of guys... we need to get that going with some Evo's

If you guys would like I can talk to Matt and see whats up about trying to get some Evo love from 3SX.

My car at their dyno day...

Chris

Last edited by EVO MR; Jan 2, 2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: pics
Old Jan 2, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO MR
I have only used them to help weld up my high flow cat...( I have never used them for any other service, I usually install all my own parts) I did purchase my defi gauges from them and the price was more than fair. I have been to two of their dyno days and have many friends with subaru's that go there all the time.

I have no idea why they wanted to charge $7K for a turbo kit install (crazy) hell if you pay me half that I will install whatever you want. Maybe there was a misunderstanding? Maybe they thought you wanted them to make a custom kit?

I would love to meet up with other local Evo owners, I had a huge local group in VA but when I moved here couldn't find any fellow evo owners. I hang out with a group of subaru owners and we go autoxing and have BBQ's great bunch of guys... we need to get that going with some Evo's

If you guys would like I can talk to Matt and see whats up about trying to get some Evo love from 3SX.

My car at their dyno day...

Chris
no way there was a misunderstanding, I sent 3 emails asking as much after the initial quote, each time he re-assured me that he was not misunderstanding. he said something about kinks and the like with a bolt on kit. it's neither here nor there at this point, I'm not gonna put the kit on anyway; it's up for sale in my sig. too much HP on a pegleg FWD I drove a buddies RA with the RRM bolt on kit and 2nd gear was useless, I was planning on 3 more psi than that kit. not worth it in the long run since I would have to spend at lease 2g's on drivetrain work to get both front wheels to spin instead on just one

I usually do all my own stuff (diy P&P head was the last major project) too, but was pressed for free time at one point. I was flabbergasted at the quote, but I called them because of the pics on their website and the qualifications listed there (1000+HP cars and the like) so I don't doubt they have good techs or anything. they were just out of my price range. If that had been a price for a complete custom kit, while still on the high end, I would have been much less surprised

There are a few random car guys I know in Charlotte, there aren't too many ralliarts floating around, and we do the occasional autox and get together. another fun one: victory lane off graham and 85 it's not real crowded during the week and it lets you get a little more competetive than four laps around the autox by yourself for an 8 hour day even more expensive is the track down in Kershaw SC, but that's a decent full day of track time too. not really conducive to hanging out so much as getting seat time, since unless you go on an off day they generally speaking make you drive either with an instructor or alone; ride alongs make people want to show off
Old Jan 2, 2008, 04:16 PM

Thumbs up

victory lane off graham and 85 it's not real crowded during the week and it lets you get a little more competetive than four laps around the autox by yourself for an 8 hour day even more expensive is the track down in Kershaw SC, but that's a decent full day of track time too.
I would gladly join up for a day at Victory Lane. Or, the rest of you could join the new club at the Kershaw track (like me ).
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

there is also a new kart place in mooresville, the pit I think. have not heard anything else or seen inside though.

new club in Kershaw? details? my car has been under construction all year(well, last year now), and the OT at work has been more than plentiful
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:39 AM

new club in Kershaw? details? my car has been under construction all year(well, last year now), and the OT at work has been more than plentiful
http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/pmcoverview.html
Old track (being refreshed all January), but new joining options. I believe they are still waiving the initiation fee and may be even honoring the 2007 10% discount.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 02:38 PM

I think we should meet up at some wing place and chill and talk about the evos
Old Jan 3, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

I'm in....

Make sure you guys PM me or post another thread if you plan on doing anything
Old Jan 3, 2008, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by evoark
I think we should meet up at some wing place and chill and talk about the evos
What about BBQ? Mac's anyone?
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by trbo996
What about BBQ? Mac's anyone?
Mac's on South Blvd is awesome, but parking really sucks.

How about Southend Brewery? Centrally located and a HUGE parking lot.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 06:41 PM

i love bbq,and beer i am down lets go
Old Jan 6, 2008, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoark
i love bbq,and beer i am down lets go
What's up Noah.

I think the best thing to do is to pin down a firm date and location, and at the very least we can meet up. I know Ruben is down with that, I talked to him about it before.

To throw some ideas out:

DATE/TIME: This Friday night around 7pm.

LOCATION: How about RED ROBIN (great burgers), at I-485 and Johnston Rd. Or STICKY FINGERS, a new bbq place, same location. Easy access to the interstate, plenty of parking.

Comments? Other suggestions?

Last edited by sleeper3; Jan 6, 2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 04:13 AM
Evolved Member

I’m going to get my car tuned their very soon my setup should be all done this week and me and my friend are down for any kind of meets, but their is a meet at balltyne every Saturday.

Quick Reply: Charlotte Area Evo Owners