Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Roll Call for Georgia's Evo!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 05:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys should come out Aug 8th...test and tune. Gates open at 6 and start running at 7. They sell C16 if you need it. Start getting a good crowd and I'll maybe put on some events. Haven't yet due to suspected lack of interest.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WW IX in Augusta, Ga. and soon to be Columbus. Yes, I am an Army guy. Anyone else in the AUG??
Old Jul 28, 2008, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

don't think i've done this yet... Evo 8, in Forsyth 31029 - work in macon
Old Jul 28, 2008, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ultm8mind
WW IX in Augusta, Ga. and soon to be Columbus. Yes, I am an Army guy. Anyone else in the AUG??

X in Augusta
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by _Chris_
X in Augusta
must be nice to have a x.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:49 PM
Account Disabled

Location: Fort Bliss/El Paso, Texas (FIRST MR ON FORT BLISS!!!)
Augusta Here

Here in Augusta (Fort Gordon) until Late-January 2009 for BNCOC. Driving wounded at the moment with some engine trouble but still ******* out dumbass kids in Mustang GT's whenever possible

~Christopher
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kratzner
Here in Augusta (Fort Gordon) until Late-January 2009 for BNCOC. Driving wounded at the moment with some engine trouble but still ******* out dumbass kids in Mustang GT's whenever possible

~Christopher
lol.. what's wrong with the ride?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 07:44 PM
Account Disabled

Location: Fort Bliss/El Paso, Texas (FIRST MR ON FORT BLISS!!!)
At this point, I have no idea. I've heard anything from a possible blown head gasket, "creep" (not sure what that one is and didn't get much of an explination), boost leak, or need to replace one/both O-2 sensors. I tried taking it to the local DSM dealership here in Augusta, but I was pretty much told I'd be handing over roughly 400 of my favorite, hard-earned dollars for "diagnostics." Reason for that is my clutch. When I was deployed I had my car stored, the military has places across the globe where your ride can be shipped/stored. Well the space-pirates at Dallas Military Storage Lot burned out my clutch. The dealership in El Paso, TX (where I used to be stationed) told me I could put in a different clutch under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act as long as that was all I did. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act more or less states (amoung other things) that if a part needs to be replaced, you don't specifically have to put the specific companys parts back on. There is limits however. If the engine was blown for instance, putting the AMS 2.3 stroker under the hood (and all it's awesomeness) wouldn't really be considered the same thing. Well for my clutch I had a kevlar one put (in the hopes of longer life) on, but nothing else like a short shifter. The guy behind the counter here at the Augusta Mistu Dealership was pretty blunt about it all, stating "yeah I've seen you around, you probaly race your car and did something you shouldn't have so it'll probaly be coming out of your pocket...........once we find something out of the ordinary, like your clutch." No love for the underpaid G.I. , so I'm driving wounded for now. Got another kid on the way and just have to deal with it.

Last edited by kratzner; Nov 5, 2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kratzner
At this point, I have no idea. I've heard anything from a possible blown head gasket, "creep" (not sure what that one is and didn't get much of an explination), boost leak, or need to replace one/both O-2 sensors. I tried taking it to the local DSM dealership here in Augusta, but I was pretty much told I'd be handing over roughly 400 of my favorite, hard-earned dollars for "diagnostics." Reason for that is my clutch. When I was deployed I had my car stored, the military has places across the globe where your ride can be shipped/stored. Well the space-pirates at Dallas Military Storage Lot burned out my clutch. The dealership in El Paso, TX (where I used to be stationed) told me I could put in a different clutch under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act as long as that was all I did. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act more or less states (amoung other things) that if a part needs to be replaced, you don't specifically have to put the specific companys parts back on. There is limits however. If the engine was blown for instance, putting the AMS 2.3 stroker under the hood (and all it's awesomeness) wouldn't really be considered the same thing. Well for my clutch I had a kevlar one put (in the hopes of longer life) on, but nothing else like a short shifter. The guy behind the counter here at the Augusta Mistu Dealership was pretty blunt about it all, stating "yeah I've seen you around, you probaly race your car and did something you shouldn't have so it'll probaly be coming out of your pocket...........once we find something out of the ordinary, like your clutch." No love for the underpaid G.I. , so I'm driving wounded for now. Got another kid on the way and just have to deal with it.
man, i hate the run arounds too. i feel you pain.. dealerships don't replace clutches or pretty much drivetrain stuff.. it's considered a wear/tear item.. i have been down that road.
Old May 5, 2009, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

living in japan but still in georgia in heart..
Old May 7, 2009, 01:13 PM

ill be in savannah in a couple weeks, staying
for the summer
Old May 7, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

I stay bout ten mins from columbus travel every day went to reynolds last week saw a few very nice evos any one went in here in the process of getting back into another evo
Old May 11, 2009, 01:07 PM

Columbus.. WW X
Old May 17, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Albany Apex Silver Evo 8
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wicked White

Wicked Whitey Evo 8 @ Stone Mountain

Quick Reply: Roll Call for Georgia's Evo!!