Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dbotkin5
That it is, but if my car made it down that road w/out getting the lip torn off I'm pretty sure most people around here will be fine lol I was creeping down that road at like 5 mph though
Where is this place and where did you get your rims at? Thinking about picking some up for the evo for the bling factor.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Proof the evo does not get out...alot.. May will be 2 years since I bought her in 09.

Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by krackmonkey
Forgive me for intruding, just wanted to pop in and say hello. Just moved here from L.A. with a Blue 08 GSR. You might see me riding around Brier Creek. Hood has "Full Boost Racing" on it. Old sponsor from track days.

Had a question for you guys. Who's the best out-of-the-box evo tuner around? (when I say out of the box, I'm talking E85+Meth setups)

Ping me about local meets so I can meet up with you guys!

facebook.com/nickhowell
@that1guynick
YIM: that1guynick
Welcome, I'm new here too, so expect some PM's from the guys on this thread, they're a friendly bunch.

Originally Posted by Djstorm100
ahh good ole horsepowerjunkies.

RJ dad just died not to long ago and has been battling with that for a while. So some days you would catch him on edge. Not saying this is a reason but its not a dick by nature. If someone bough the material, I could weld it up no problem.

RJ is the only mandrel bender in the Raleigh area.
Cool man, I'm going to talk to RJ this Saturday I think, see if he is willing to fab up my double Magnaflow... If not, I'll be PM'ing you to see what we can do with some ebay exhaust/Magnaflow/Evo2, etc.

Where is this place and where did you get your rims at? Thinking about picking some up for the evo for the bling factor.
The place with the bad road? Performance Chassis in Cary, right beside the train station, more specifically right beside Harrison's Bar and Grille, more specifically right beside, ahem, Pure Gold. Wait, what was I saying?

Proof the evo does not get out...alot.. May will be 2 years since I bought her in 09.
I've been driving a 2.0 automatic Jetta MKIV as a daily, and I've put less than 2000 miles on two different cars the past two years. I'm trying to get my Evo to ultimate-dd status so I can drive it 'til the wheels fall off, put them back on, and drive it some more. Time will tell if she becomes just another garage queen.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Forgive me for intruding, just wanted to pop in and say hello. Just moved here from L.A. with a Blue 08 GSR. You might see me riding around Brier Creek. Hood has "Full Boost Racing" on it. Old sponsor from track days.

Had a question for you guys. Who's the best out-of-the-box evo tuner around? (when I say out of the box, I'm talking E85+Meth setups)

facebook.com/nickhowell
@that1guynick
Welcome to the area! The community here is pretty nice and we have meets about once a month and sometimes a lot more than that lol. Are you on evoxforums as well? If you are there is another local thread (do a search on cacalac's). Its pretty much the same people but I try and keep it updated with meet info from here and vice versa. As for new meets there is a car meet the first saturday of every month at brier creek across from the barnes and noble. It starts around 8-9 and goes till 11-noon. Also next month there are two tail of the dragon meets. First one is Apr 22-24 and the next is April 29-31. Since your new to the area check out tailofthedragon.com for details on this amazing road and surrounding area. Again welcome to the area.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 06:42 AM

Spotted a black 8 this morning on East bound I40 in the Cary area on my way to Raleigh. Car had the "Evolution VIII" badge on the trunk and a triple pillar gauge pod, looked clean . I'm goin back to Michigan tomorrow to finish my RS, hopefully I'll have it down here very soon so I can start going to some of the meets.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Pure Gold ftw! That is all...
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

facebook.com/nickhowell
@that1guynick
Welcome to the area. Keep an eye on this thread for info on meets. There should be a meet the first Saturday in April in Brier Creek actually.

As far as tuning, PM Jason (spec-ops) or Bobby (crewdawg). They're both out of Fayetteville. There are a couple tuners out of Charlotte too I think
Old Mar 22, 2011, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

I picked up my wheels from Driveline. Last set they had in stock, but they said Advan could drop ship them. Not sure what the delay is on that.

As for the place, are you talking about Performance Chassis? It's in Cary. I'm not familiar enough with Cary to give you directions though haha I always google their address and put it in the GPS
Old Mar 22, 2011, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Car looks good man! Throw some IX tail lights on it, tint the windows, de-badge the trunk...that stuff alone would change the way the car looks a lot...
UPDATE

Depo taillights came in Friday. Just got around to supplemental sealing them tonight. Plan on mounting them tomorrow.

Trunk debadged, but man, that was a royal PAIN with goo-gone instead of dx440. Even after letting it soak in for 15 minutes, that glue was on there. Waxing tomorrow when I can see clearly, the angle is wrong for the lights in the garage.

Window tint has taken a back-seat to exhaust... going to talk to RJ on Saturday I think.

I love it when a plan comes together.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:55 AM

ANYWAYS haha

FYI for the non-X guys (since I already posted over there), Jim-less Performance Chassis still does an excellent job. Went by today for an alignment and to get the camber dialed in.

There was a black VIII in there for suspension work too. Not familiar with the car though
That was me...I was getting my suspension right for auto-x this season. Now the car has Bilstien struts, swift spec-r springs, and a whiteline RCA kit. They also found 2 bad bushings on one of my lower rear control arms. The car handles like a dream now...I just need a new intercooler and intake!
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Pure Gold ftw! That is all...
best fun I was making fun of the strippers. More **** you talk the more they bug you.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

I picked up my wheels from Driveline. Last set they had in stock, but they said Advan could drop ship them. Not sure what the delay is on that.

As for the place, are you talking about Performance Chassis? It's in Cary. I'm not familiar enough with Cary to give you directions though haha I always google their address and put it in the GPS
Link to driveline please?

Yea, I was talking about the alignment shop.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 12:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What's up, Gerald? I was looking at your sig...did you ditch the SS for the SRT-8?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

www.drivelinestore.com

They're a vendor on the site too
Old Mar 23, 2011, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by 'Lectric_Blu_IX
What's up, Gerald? I was looking at your sig...did you ditch the SS for the SRT-8?
Yessir I did, and I'm loving that thing too! I will probably drive it to the next meet

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet