Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kelvar13
BTW Noticed Davi's gun store is going out of business. Stopped by today and they have a bunch of pistol mags at 70% off prices. Also if you want a steyr aug they had two for sale with a case, 4 mags, and a combat knife for 22-2400 bucks. Not a whole lot of selection but a great deal if you do find something you like.

Anything else going on this weekend?
if they have 40 mag springfield xdm's for cheap let me know
Old Apr 7, 2011, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

damn Ali, sorry to see you go. You take care and hope to see you before you leave...
Old Apr 8, 2011, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
Well fellas… I didn’t think it was gonna happen so fast but this is my farewell to all great people that I have met in person and those that I didn’t get the chance to meet but yet was part of the NC crew.

I had an awesome time in this past couple of years of my career change when my work moved me to Raleigh, u guys definitely kept me busy with all the great car and bar meets, and will nvr be forgotten. Wish you all the best and hope for those who are overseas that I couldn’t meet return to their families safely. In the mean time, u guys have some of the meanest setups nationwide, so take care of ur whips and enjoy them responsibly!
And ofcourse not to forget, especial thanks to Matt, Jason and Josh for opening their home garages for me to work on my car b4 they even became the successful business they are now. I couldn’t have done it without ur knowledge! Thank you!
Also Justin & Bobby for being the cool guys they are among the rest!

So…I have accepted a job offer in Michigan, and I am looking at leaving NC possibly either this coming Monday/Tuesday, so I would like to see everyone if I could prior to leaving, but I understand we are all on different schedules…most of you have my # text/call and hope to set something up for this weekend, I should be free all Sunday and possibly Saturday evening.

Wish all the best!
Oh man, buzzkill! But I understand man, gotta do what's best for you.

+1 on you being friends with everyone, you were definitely the first and only local to reach out to me after I bought my Evo.

Many thanks for being an ambassador to the local forum, and one of the friendliest guys I've ever met. I'm just happy I'll still have you as my remote advisor.

So good luck in Michigan, bro. All the best!

--Jay
Old Apr 8, 2011, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well fellas… I didn’t think it was gonna happen so fast but this is my farewell to all great people that I have met in person and those that I didn’t get the chance to meet but yet was part of the NC crew.

I had an awesome time in this past couple of years of my career change when my work moved me to Raleigh, u guys definitely kept me busy with all the great car and bar meets, and will nvr be forgotten. Wish you all the best and hope for those who are overseas that I couldn’t meet return to their families safely. In the mean time, u guys have some of the meanest setups nationwide, so take care of ur whips and enjoy them responsibly!
And ofcourse not to forget, especial thanks to Matt, Jason and Josh for opening their home garages for me to work on my car b4 they even became the successful business they are now. I couldn’t have done it without ur knowledge! Thank you!
Also Justin & Bobby for being the cool guys they are among the rest!

So…I have accepted a job offer in Michigan, and I am looking at leaving NC possibly either this coming Monday/Tuesday, so I would like to see everyone if I could prior to leaving, but I understand we are all on different schedules…most of you have my # text/call and hope to set something up for this weekend, I should be free all Sunday and possibly Saturday evening.

Wish all the best!
Ali you fu*ker! haha...Congrats man! Sucks I never got to make it down there again before you moved back to MI. Kinda weird because its been almost exactly a year since I moved from Raleigh. I know you have been trying to get back up to MI for a while. What job are you taking up there?? Good luck with the move man and drive safe!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
if they have 40 mag springfield xdm's for cheap let me know
My dad just bought one of those!!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kelvar13
BTW Noticed Davi's gun store is going out of business. Stopped by today and they have a bunch of pistol mags at 70% off prices. Also if you want a steyr aug they had two for sale with a case, 4 mags, and a combat knife for 22-2400 bucks. Not a whole lot of selection but a great deal if you do find something you like.

Anything else going on this weekend?
Where is this at? I've actually been looking to buy a handgun.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Spec-OpsMotorsports
Really sucks brother. Hate to see ya go but it was always a blast having you stop by and shoot the ****. Thanks for a being a good friend and a straight up classy dude. Always the guy who was friends with everyone and I always respected that. We can all learn alot from that and you'll be missed.

Wish you the best Ali and keep in touch brother!

-Matt
Thanks Matt! you and ur team have been nothing but professional from day #1.

Originally Posted by EvoLutionized8
damn Ali, sorry to see you go. You take care and hope to see you before you leave...
Thanks Mike! ur jokes and coolness will be missed bro!
Originally Posted by FERNO
Oh man, buzzkill! But I understand man, gotta do what's best for you.

+1 on you being friends with everyone, you were definitely the first and only local to reach out to me after I bought my Evo.

Many thanks for being an ambassador to the local forum, and one of the friendliest guys I've ever met. I'm just happy I'll still have you as my remote advisor.

So good luck in Michigan, bro. All the best!

--Jay
Thanks alot for the kind words Jay! rest assure the rest in this thread are just as nice and knowledgable as Iam if not more, they just havent had the chance to meet u yet. u will impressed .....its a really cool crew....pm or call whenever u need help man, iam always happy to help!
Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Ali you fu*ker! haha...Congrats man! Sucks I never got to make it down there again before you moved back to MI. Kinda weird because its been almost exactly a year since I moved from Raleigh. I know you have been trying to get back up to MI for a while. What job are you taking up there?? Good luck with the move man and drive safe!
hah thanks bro! i guess i will see u at the shoot this year? I think its only 2-3 hrs from where I live so I should be able to come out with few friends.....will be looking forward to it.
I accepeted an offer with one of the oems as a powertrain engineer.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hah thanks bro! i guess i will see u at the shoot this year? I think its only 2-3 hrs from where I live so I should be able to come out with few friends.....will be looking forward to it.
I accepeted an offer with one of the oems as a powertrain engineer.
Powertrain Engineer, sick! Unfortunately I won't be at the Shootout, I have a wedding that same weekend... I am the best man, and I don't want to go to the wedding or plan the bachelor party...hes so p ussy whipped & his soon to be wife sucks...
Old Apr 8, 2011, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

oh well...drink enough booz and party it up on behave of him..lol
well hopefuly I make it to the east coast some day and hang out.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IrightI
Where is this at? I've actually been looking to buy a handgun.
http://www.davisguns.com/

Really no firearm selection. Most of whats leftover is mags and parts with a decent selection of knives.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

oh well...drink enough booz and party it up on behave of him..lol
well hopefuly I make it to the east coast some day and hang out.
Sad to see you go. Always enjoyed the Ali vs new evo owner posts where you did wild and crazy **** to publisize the forum. We definitely have to do a proper sendoff this weekend. Let me know when and where and I'll do my best to show. Sunday is the better looking of the two days weather wise.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 09:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ali, driving home from work on 440 won't be the same without seeing you. **it's so hard to say goodbye to yesterdaaaayyyyyyy** boyzIImen hahahaha!!!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't know how I managed to completely miss you're farewell post Ali. Sad to see you go but congrats on the job!

Guys, let's plan on a meet for Sunday afternoon. I'm open to any suggestions for time and place. Let's get this figured out today though and I'll get the op updated.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Parked next to an VIII at work. Anyone know whose it is? I work next to the koka booth in Cary.

Name:  4fdb836d.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  256.1 KB
Old Apr 8, 2011, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

haha thanks guys, I hope jason will take care of the "recruiting" from now on..lol ya sunday sounds good, iam down!

Ronel...did that red evo have a michigan license frame? if so, the guy owns a pizza place in wakeforest but doesnt come on the forum much. I think his name was Mike. and ur ix looks so damn sporty with that rack..lol i think iam gonna add one fo rthe coolness effect!..lol

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet