Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by ProPilot04
Anybody gonna hitup the cars and coffee at Leith tomorrow?
I thought they closed down?
Old May 10, 2019, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Honestly I have no idea... I haven't even looked at them for the 4 years I've been here until this month basically, but it seems like it's on on facebook.

If others are gonna check it out, maybe I'll head out. Dunno if I'll bring the Evo (it's dirty) but the 73 Fiat Spider if the weather is alright... so if anyone goes and sees the red spider, come say hey?

I don't even know what the scene is like down here?
Old May 10, 2019, 06:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
The scene around here seems to be hit and miss from what I've seen (trying to get this thread up and going strong again). There's a few around that go to the morrisville c&c. I havent been since the viper fiasco, they moved it to sunday, but I attend the one in burlington when I can. Im hoping I can make burlington this month, but the evo is going to the shop tomorrow. Got a christmas tree for a dash, abs/asc lights. What c&c do yall usually go to?
Old May 10, 2019, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

The Greensboro cars and coffee has got to be one of the better cars and coffee events in the state. Definitely recommend it. There’s a Facebook event page for it. I believe it’s every 3rd saturday
Old May 23, 2019, 07:19 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Anyone planning on going to the Rock Hill, SC, MOD meet on June 30th? I plan on going

https://www.facebook.com/events/629410247501962/
Old May 25, 2019, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Hard for me to make longer trips these days (parenting, responsibilities, blah, blah, blah). Anybody doing anything fun for Memorial Day?
Old May 31, 2019, 01:20 PM

Got the Evo back wednesday, from the sunroof recall. Took it up to the mitsubishi dealer in Graham, had the all the drivetrain fluids done while there. I have to give them a shout out for their great service. They sent me picture updates throughout the time the car was there, and their tech knows his evos. Anyone looking for a good dealership to goto westgate is definitely a good one.
I also raised an idea for having a mitsubishi owners meet up there, they seemed all for it, figure I'd ask here to see what intrest there may be in having one.
Old May 31, 2019, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spinks8824
Got the Evo back wednesday, from the sunroof recall. Took it up to the mitsubishi dealer in Graham, had the all the drivetrain fluids done while there. I have to give them a shout out for their great service. They sent me picture updates throughout the time the car was there, and their tech knows his evos. Anyone looking for a good dealership to goto westgate is definitely a good one.
I also raised an idea for having a mitsubishi owners meet up there, they seemed all for it, figure I'd ask here to see what intrest there may be in having one.
Lets make it happen. I actually enjoyed the Leith Mitsubishi meets
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:45 PM

Hows everyone's summer been so far, anyone do anything fun?

Got an update on the MR, today I have begun a long job of recoloring the feont of the car.

Headlights are out drying

GSR front grille and fog light delete ready when the headlights are done.

Old Aug 10, 2019, 09:49 PM

Just finished the front end and looking good 👍

Dropping the car off tomorrow to get the clear coat fixed on the roof and I'll be seeing yall at the next C&C, if anyone plans to attend in September.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 01:16 PM

Shes back from paint and looking good, I hated that fading clearcoat.

Old Aug 24, 2019, 09:57 PM

Car came out looking real good Spinks! Can't wait to see it at one of the cars and coffees whenever I have the chance to go. I meant to reply on here sooner but been real busy lately. Back in the beginning of June, I took my car down to Force-Fed in Fayetteville and had a BUNCH of work done. I was suffering from a boost leak at the throttle body when I bought the car, so it was only making about 240hp at the wheels, and my clutch was beyond gone. If you follow Force-Fed on FB, you can see just how bad the clutch was.. so I figured it was the perfect time to get everything fixed and put some go fast parts on. I had an Exedy Twin Disk, Walbro 450 HPFP, FIC1220CC Injectors, DSS Level 0 Axles, Spoolin'Up COP Ignition, Grimmspeed 3 port boost controller, Skunk2 68MM TB, ETS Intercooler and piping, AEM X series AFR gauge all installed and got a dual map tune for 93/E85. The car now makes 328/305 on 93 and 359/337 on E85, though I have yet to put the car back onto 93 because an E85 station opened up 2 minutes up the road from me. Shortly afterwards, I ran into some issues with the car starting, while getting a code for the crankshaft position sensor. I would turn the key, but nothing happened, and if it did start, it would want to stall right away if gas wasn't supplied. I was instructed this was because the car was on E85 and should expect rough starts when on E85, but that seemed a bit crazy. I had both the battery and starter tested, and both tested good. After about 2 weeks of issues, I paid just over $700 for the crankshaft position sensor to be replaced. Fun fact, it runs behind the timing belt which is why it was so expensive. After the sensor was replaced, the car started fine for about 2 days.. then starting having the exact same issue. I then spent an hour or so at the local auto parts store testing everything. Tested the battery again, but this time battery was bad, so put a new battery in. No luck. Checked all the fuses, relays, and just about everything else. We initially ruled out the starter as we could hear it making noise, plus it was tested the week before and ran perfect, but that was ultimately the culprit. Afterwards, I went back to Force-Fed about the tune and the car stalling. The tuner was able to tell me the stalling was the result of my IACV and suggested that changing that out would solve my start-up stalling issue. Changed out the IACV and now the car doesn't stall, but once the car is warmed up, the car will idle between 1800-2000 RPM and be as steady as rock and the AFR is complete ****. The weird thing is if I turn the AC on, the idle drops down to around 1300, and AFR will be perfect. Drivability is perfect and I have not had any issues once the car is driving. I have been told by the tuner this idle issue is because of the injectors themselves. I spent many hours of googling couldn't find anything besides a single post on a DSM forum from the mid 2000s with this issue, but was for a different, but similar flow rating. Other recommendations I have received include MAF and TPS sensor, but I have yet to find anything definitive. I can scan live information with my OBD2 scanner and can see MAF and TPS reading, but nothing seems unusual or suspicious. Force-Fed has been great thus far, but the tuner for the shop travels, so anytime there is an issue, I have to wait nearly a month for him to recheck the tune. Alternatively, I've been told to get a new tuner.. so that's where I've been at for the past 2 months. Slowly figuring everything out and trying to fix it as time and money allows me.. Also on a side note, on August 31st I will be doing my first autox with THSCC at Cary Towne Center. I'm extremely excited and can't wait!

Last edited by AKillEaze; Aug 24, 2019 at 10:07 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 12:24 PM

Damn you've had a hell of a time with your evo, but auto x sounds awesome. I've heard of the tuner situation with FFP and I've been looking into some others. I'm probably going to go with Kasey at dyno time in Hickory, if your willing to drive that far. Ive seen his name pop up here on the forums and seen positive comments for him. Theres also one in Charlotte, I don't remember his tag, but the guy with the red Evo X got his done there. As far as I know they are the only other 2 near by unless you want to try the subaru tuner in Sanford that claims to have one Evo guy.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:00 AM

Anyone going to morrisville c&c tomorrow?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:14 AM

I can't make it as i'm working tomorrow. On another note, went to autox for the first time. I put middle of the pack numbers and It was so much fun. I can't wait for the next one

Quick Reply: Raleigh/Durham/Triangle Area Meet