Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

ALABAMA.. who is all here?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yes i believe there were 3 black ones.. 10 or 11 all together at the events i think and 1 little lancer
that one eclipse was sweet lookin(won best mitsubishi)

Event was Cool.. sucked that multiple people had issue, but thats how it goes i guess.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, thanks for backing into my car bro lol. HB said you grazed it but it's not like my bumpers are in anywhere near good condition so no biggie. I was in my car most of the day paying for last night. I had somewhere between 15-18 beers in 4 hours and hadn't had food for 9 hours before that. I meant to eat but as soon as I had beer all was forgotten. So I was paying for it dearly today. Sorry I didn't get to socialize with everyone.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

best time 10.90
best trap 135.2
best 60ft 1.58

Sorry guys if I didnt have time to get to know you all.
Too busy with prepping the car.
Ill post pics and video in drag racing section this week.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Q@EvoPowerMods
Thnxx Brian...we all had a great time and watching you surely lower your time on every run was awesome. It was a pleasure to do business with such a great guy in person and outstanding customer. Congrats on the PBest of 11.9 we all knew you could do it. Also shout outs to "evovin" who shot his Evo into the 10's and also TB/Matt for making it into the finals of the FIC class. All in all was a great showing for Evos this year. Unfortunately we couldn't get the EPM Evo up and running from being down for nearly 3 months and only having 3 days to prepare wasn't enough time. Thnxx to "Linuxman51" for the (2) front brake lines, maybe this second one will not leak. Apparently during the crash with the deer my front brake line was pinched and we found it during the coilover install. Linux came thru with a replacement but it leaked too, but thankfully the second one Kenny supplied will do the trick. Our good friend Holdbrooks took top "other Import" with his totally modded Subie Sti.
I'll be looking for good things from you guys this season, the temps are dropping which means Turbo weather. We hope to be showing some new EPM goodies soon....Great IFO people !
Glad to be able to help out, hope the second one is better than the first
Old Nov 2, 2009, 04:13 AM

Thanks everyone. Next year should be even better. I was hoping to get even lower in the 11's but I only had "maybe" 2 hours to get adjusted to the car, had to deal with a ACT clutch coming out of 2nd and barely engaging into 5th, annnnd street tires!!! I didnt get to meet all of you, but one day soon we all should get together either at the track or out on the streets and chat it up.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by evovin
best time 10.90
best trap 135.2
best 60ft 1.58

Sorry guys if I didnt have time to get to know you all.
Too busy with prepping the car.
Ill post pics and video in drag racing section this week.
Nice runs out there yesterday dude!!! I ment to come up an meet you, but the pressure was on a lot of us yerterday!!! Your car and times gave me something to shoot for next round
Old Nov 2, 2009, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by B350
Thanks everyone. Next year should be even better. I was hoping to get even lower in the 11's but I only had "maybe" 2 hours to get adjusted to the car, had to deal with a ACT clutch coming out of 2nd and barely engaging into 5th, annnnd street tires!!! I didnt get to meet all of you, but one day soon we all should get together either at the track or out on the streets and chat it up.
dude... turn it up in 4th. if we need to raise your rev limiter we can. don't race in 5th.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 4nMuslEvo
Yeah, thanks for backing into my car bro lol. HB said you grazed it but it's not like my bumpers are in anywhere near good condition so no biggie. I was in my car most of the day paying for last night. I had somewhere between 15-18 beers in 4 hours and hadn't had food for 9 hours before that. I meant to eat but as soon as I had beer all was forgotten. So I was paying for it dearly today. Sorry I didn't get to socialize with everyone.
ya um.. sorry.. didnt even put a mark on the hondas rear.. and its bumper is almost flawless.. thats like the 4th time between 3 of us, everyone forgets the ebrake doesnt work.. my saturday was almost as bad as your sunday recovery
Old Nov 2, 2009, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by linuxman51
dude... turn it up in 4th. if we need to raise your rev limiter we can. don't race in 5th.
I was trying not too, LOL. I was in a position where I was running out of 4th gear before I could cross the finish line... short like 11 yards. I was passing the finish line bouncing on the rev limiter in 4th Its all trial an error thing. We do need to raise the rev limiter up in 4th by maybe 500rpm. Everything was just so all of a sudden. I thought I was going to have the car back on the 30th to at least have some time to tune and test drive it. "Q" and Matt again did an awesome job on the work and I specifically told them not to rush on the work.... I dont think I'll be back on the track for maybe a month or so, I'm gonna do a little more to the car fine tuning and performing some general maintenance. I think if I keep paying attention to the "key players" I will be more competitive next go around!!! i have some big plans in the next couple of months
Old Nov 2, 2009, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

who got some pics?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Nice runs out there yesterday dude!!! I ment to come up an meet you, but the pressure was on a lot of us yerterday!!! Your car and times gave me something to shoot for next round
Thanks man. Yea I was so pressured I should have went to our 1/8 mile last friday to test/feel the slicks before IFO
Old Nov 2, 2009, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

I was trying not too, LOL. I was in a position where I was running out of 4th gear before I could cross the finish line... short like 11 yards. I was passing the finish line bouncing on the rev limiter in 4th Its all trial an error thing. We do need to raise the rev limiter up in 4th by maybe 500rpm. Everything was just so all of a sudden. I thought I was going to have the car back on the 30th to at least have some time to tune and test drive it. "Q" and Matt again did an awesome job on the work and I specifically told them not to rush on the work.... I dont think I'll be back on the track for maybe a month or so, I'm gonna do a little more to the car fine tuning and performing some general maintenance. I think if I keep paying attention to the "key players" I will be more competitive next go around!!! i have some big plans in the next couple of months
Hey, did you find E85 locally yet? aside from allegedly in prattville?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 06:51 AM

Not at all. I'm searching as we speak!!! I had to get some from Pelham.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know we trapped 118.6 in 4th with the same limiter you have ... 7800. I ended up bumping Cesar's up to 8000 eventually, but never trapped that high again due to other circumstances.

My best was:

11.75 @ 118.6
1.65 60' (different run)

The track was prepped well early, but fell off later in the day. I started with consistent 1.6 60's, but one the event started I fell to low 1.7s.

We managed to place second out of 22 entrants in Forced Induction Sport. I honestly got lucky in the 1st round after I missed 2nd resulting in a 12.3 pass. But, the Integra I raced also missed a gear and fell behind.

I was then paired with some dork with the big turbo on his Evo that couldn't drive it ... . Justin, when you get that thing dialed in it will be a BEAST!

3rd round pitted me against a 335i that usually ran 11.9s. I was confident about my chances in this one. He red-lighted BADLY (like ... no yellow in sight) and I literally slept on the line because I was caught off guard. I baby'd it to about the 1/8 mark where we decided to roll-race through the rest of the 1/4. lol. Fun race.

The finals put me against Brad's 10.8 sec 300ZX. The problem was that Brad had started hearing some noise in the bottom end and he was sure a bearing was about to let go. Well, he was right.

We were really close off the tree ... within about .03 of each other. He was pulling through second, but something happened in 3rd ... I started to make up some ground. That's about when the bearing let go. I kept pulling a little more in 4th and crossed the line with my nose at his bumper.

11.96 to 11.99 was the final result, so he took me by .06 or so in total with the tree. Probably the closest race in the finals. I thought it was a great race, but felt really bad that his bottom end was disassembling itself.

There were some awesome cars there ... a super clean RB25 280Z on spray that went 9.6s I think, a twin turbo Z06 that was inconspicuously parked with the spectators and a really nice '71 Beetle. The R8 was kinda cool too.

I had a great time and it was nice to see some local Evo guys again.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
I was then paired with some dork with the big turbo on his Evo that couldn't drive it ... . Justin, when you get that thing dialed in it will be a BEAST!

I was just happy I didn't get knocked out in the first round by that 240.

I either have some really bad engagement issues, or my clutch is just toasted. It's really hard to get it in gear, and during our run when I went into 3rd it just slipped once I hit 34psi, then 4th gave me the finger too. tried it on the way home with the same results.

My best trap/time was a 12.39 @ 119. 2nd gear wasn't cooperating, and from my lower trap speeds in the 1/8th, it looks like that race gas hurt me more than it helped as I wasn't able to get it tuned out.

I did end up running a 12.38 @ 94 against that 240 in the first round eliminations... I was actually on the breaks the last 1/4 of the track as I knew I had him and didn't want to beat on the car too badly. I should have stayed in it, at least I would have broke in the ll's :-/

btw: blowing off all 4 off of the line is not a fun feeling

Quick Reply: ALABAMA.. who is all here?