Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

ALABAMA.. who is all here?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaimeptwo
Dang lol where did you end up tuning your evo? I'm at ft rucker and don't feel like driving to top speed , but by the looks of it I might have to
I have a Ralliart and I'm running the GST basemap right now. No custom tune yet for me.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Is there any shop around Montgomery that has awd dyno?

I'm going to MMP in couple weeks and I haven't dyno'd the Evo yet. I was hoping I could see my HP before I hit the track.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by evovin
Is there any shop around Montgomery that has awd dyno?

I'm going to MMP in couple weeks and I haven't dyno'd the Evo yet. I was hoping I could see my HP before I hit the track.
I don't believe so. Unless you want to make a long drive to an AWD dyno I think this is your best option: http://www.virtualdyno.net/
Old Aug 19, 2014, 07:11 PM

Ive decided to get rid of my Evo and free up some cash. It may be a while but I am sure I will have another one eventually.

http://huntsville.craigslist.org/cto/4627431700.html
Old Aug 23, 2014, 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey folks, got some wheels, and a Greddy counter weight up on CL. I'm down in Greenville, so any of the Lower Alabama folks hit me up if interested. They are 17x9 Kojin wheels with Direzza ZII on them.

Shift Knob
Wheels
Old Aug 27, 2014, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jmrussell89
Hey folks, got some wheels, and a Greddy counter weight up on CL. I'm down in Greenville, so any of the Lower Alabama folks hit me up if interested. They are 17x9 Kojin wheels with Direzza ZII on them.

Shift Knob
Wheels

Link no worky
Old Aug 27, 2014, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Wanted to see if any of you guys know anything about a 2005 dark gray Evo VIII MR I was looking at. It's at the Alpha/Fiat dealership in Huntsville. There is a lot of weaponR stuff under the hood and an AMS intercooler. But when I pulled the dipstick the oils was milky indicating water in the oil. Does anyone here know the car? There was a Fayetteville car show sticker on the drivers side dashboard too. I didn't get pics sry.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by loofee
Link no worky
Should be now!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rralliart09
Wanted to see if any of you guys know anything about a 2005 dark gray Evo VIII MR I was looking at. It's at the Alpha/Fiat dealership in Huntsville. There is a lot of weaponR stuff under the hood and an AMS intercooler. But when I pulled the dipstick the oils was milky indicating water in the oil. Does anyone here know the car? There was a Fayetteville car show sticker on the drivers side dashboard too. I didn't get pics sry.
Milky oil on dip sticks = walk away
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:09 AM

I've heard some not so good things about this car. I just saw it going down research park drive just a few minutes ago. I've heard it was blown up at one time, parted out and beat on. If your looking to buy one I have mine for sale.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

It's Ronald's old car. When he bought it, it had a stock replacement engine in it from a dealership I believe. Current set up should have injen intake and pipes, old version AMS intercooler, turbo back exhaust, and was tuned by TopSpeed in ATL.

I did help put a Shepard Stg 1 5spd transmission in the car though, so I can say the tranny is solid.

I wouldn't call it a bad car....just have them do a compression test to see what condition the engine is in now. If compression is good, I'd just recommend the spark plugs get changed to NGK Iridiums (think he used something cheap which is why he was having sputtering issues).

Honestly, Evo's are high maintenance cars. If you know how to take care of them, they're amazing. Just didn't think he studied the platform enough.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:43 PM

I found the link

http://www.fiatusaofhuntsville.com/used/Mitsubishi/2005-Mitsubishi-Lancer+Evolution-cf50929b0a0a00643677138301c0d0e3.htm

That is pricey for an Evo VIIi with 70k+, especially if there may be engine issues. As earlier stated get a compression test, but I recommend finding another better maintained Evo for less money elsewhere. I got my X for only about 5k more with much less miles. I'd just keep searching and your Evo will come to you in time. GL!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 03:13 PM

I just want to say that I wasn't trying to bad mouth this car just to promote selling mine ( even though it is cheaper and stock lol). I first found it on Craigslist a while ago and the add stated that it was built by AMS and had 800whp. Then I saw the car around the Holly Pond and Fairview area quite a bit. Even talked to the guy for a second at a stop light. The I heard the story of it being raced at Baileyton and beat on until it blew up. It made sense to me then because I knew I hadn't seen the car in a long time. Then it popped up at the Pontiac place in Huntsville. A few weeks later it was gone. That was about 6 months to a year ago. Then it appears for sale again at Landers Mclarty. So I guess its safe to say that its been around.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 04:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I looked at this Evo here in Decatur when I was looking to buy one. It was at Bramlett getting a replacement engine. I believe they told me they were getting it from Mitsubishi. The the local muffler shop installed/built the exhaust. I saw it when it was all tore apart. By the time they got finished with it, I found the one I have now.

It was a nice looking car.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Whoever it was I saw on South Shades Crest yesterday evening in the red IX, yo. Sorry if you did not see me wave, I did, but I was in left field when we passed and didn't react quick enough.

Quick Reply: ALABAMA.. who is all here?