Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

John Reed AEM Tuning class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John Reed AEM Tuning class

Well nothing is officiall but i presented a offer to John Reed if he would like to teach a tuning course to some Neon guys(SRT-4). The jist was:

- He needs 6 guys(im filling 8 spots for possible short falls)
- He needs a car(volunterred mine) and a tuning shop
- $500 each for a hands on 2 day tuning class, live tuning on the Dyno

I have roughly 4-5 slots i need a solid 4 guys. Possibly we could do a split class with sharing dyno time with my SRT and someone elses Evo. He hasn't cleared it so its just a thought.

Also, location is up in the air. I will be relocated to NC, Fayetteville in Oct so i was considering ANYWHERE up the east coast. But now i have 3-4 guys from Clarksville TN that are committed. so, location is up in the air but for now obviously I will cater to them since there are more located there.

Quoted directly from him:

Thanks for the inquiry. I have been tossing the idea around for a long time, along with searching for good ways to implement it. I was originally looking at taking the class on the road so to speak, but I am not sure this is the best approach for a few reasons (though I haven't ruled it out entirely). I already spend far too much time on the road, and having everything setup in one location (car, dyno purpose setup for training, etc) would probably better serve those I am trying to teach. I am shooting for $500 range for a 2 day class and the class objective will be to teach the ins/outs of tuning the AEM using real world techniques and why those techniques work. It will touch a bit on some of the science behind the numbers but the main focus will be teaching students how to tune the AEM, how to setup/approach timing tuning, setting up boost control, nitrous, methanol, etc. Class size would probably be max of 6 students, as I want to have some hands on tuning on the dyno with everyone. This is another reason an "on the road" class is tough, finding a willing ship and a willing loaner car with necessary hardware that someone is willing to let students beat on. LOL

Let me know whos interested a $500 tuning class GREATLY OUT WEIGHTS paying a tuner 700 for a innital tune plus extra for every modification to the tune when the weather changes....Your saving your self money in the long run.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No ones biting, everyone knows how to tune there ems???
Old Jul 24, 2009, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I would be interested in this...especially if its somewhere near NC...I'm assuming this class would be a weekend thing correct? There is a shop called Epic Motorsports in Fayetteville, someone may be able to work something about and have them let us use their dyno...maybe...Crewdawg130 or Bobby is the resident Evo tuner for Epic...so maybe talk to him and see what he says...