Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

South Florida factory reflash??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
South Florida factory reflash??

Hey everyone.
So it seams that dealers around the Ft. Myers/Naples Area dont know what the "lates factory reflash for 2008 evo x" means. they dont even know what a tech is hahahha:

Me (over the phone): Hi, can i please speak with one of you tech guys? i have a question about my Evo X.

Person over the mitsu dealer: Ummm...tech?? what do you mean tech? whats that?

Me: One of your mechanics.........

Person over the mitsu dealer: oooohhhh yeah yeah, let me get one for you

This was in the parts department by the way.

So, does anyone know of a dealer around the south Florida Area, Miami, Tampa, that has the lastes dealer reflash???

THANKS EVERYONE!!
Old Aug 4, 2009, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bill sidle or coconut creek perhaps?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 02:39 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're asking them the wrong thing. You need to tell them that you car is experiencing symptoms. Things like a rough idle that jumps up/down and some hesitation above 5000rpm. They can then look that up because you actually have a problem. They won't just reflash your car because you ask them to, they need to hear that their is a problem. Try explaining the symptoms your car is experiencing and I bet you'll have better luck.

You can also do a search and find the TSB number and give that to them. But they will still likely not do it until you explain the symptoms your car is experiencing.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 08:48 PM

You're asking them the wrong thing. You need to tell them that you car is experiencing symptoms. Things like a rough idle that jumps up/down and some hesitation above 5000rpm. They can then look that up because you actually have a problem. They won't just reflash your car because you ask them to, they need to hear that their is a problem. Try explaining the symptoms your car is experiencing and I bet you'll have better luck.

You can also do a search and find the TSB number and give that to them. But they will still likely not do it until you explain the symptoms your car is experiencing.
I just wanted to see if they have heard of the reflash, since a lot of dealer are oblivious to so many things. But i am gonna go do what you are suggesting and explain what the car is doing, thanks. I will still like to know of a place where some has already done it though. Just for peace of mind. I would like to come in the dealer knowing that some one(s) have had that done there and not risk my car being the test mice.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 08:50 PM

bill sidle or coconut creek perhaps?
do you know of anyone that has done their reflash there? and what area are these dealerships at? thanks
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they're both lauderdale/miami area. You can also try Lehman Mitsu in miami lakes/hollywoodish.

or just find someone with a tactrix cable and have them put 020 on for you =/
Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adambl03

x2
Do not ask for "I want a reflash"
Say: I have a problem. See what the reaction is, and guide the guy to the solution that you want,
They need to give a reason to mitsu to get your car inside and do something for free.
Things are really bad since nobody is doing regular maintenances at the dealership to save some money.
I usually visit a couple of dealers around my area and they look like deserts even in weekends
Provably is going to be easier if you offer $50 in front, but it's up to you
Do not!!! Play to be smart.
And yes, here in Florida we are a little "disconnected" of the rest of the country, sometimes it will **** you off, but sometimes you will really!!!! Appreciate it.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

go to lehman mitsu and ask for Arnold, he is the service guy that helps me out. I recently got my brembos replaced there.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 03:52 PM

ok everyone, i got an appo. on monday with the dealer and they are gonna look at it and "search for any TSBs available out there for the X". Hopefully they can do it at this dealer, if not ill have to keep looking. If this dealer cant do it im going to try Lehman Mitsu. Thanks for the help.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 05:07 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by felibon
ok everyone, i got an appo. on monday with the dealer and they are gonna look at it and "search for any TSBs available out there for the X". Hopefully they can do it at this dealer, if not ill have to keep looking. If this dealer cant do it im going to try Lehman Mitsu. Thanks for the help.
Good luck. Remember to tell them that your car "has an erratic idle and nearly stalls when you're at a stoplight" and also tell them that you car "has a pretty bad studder in the upper RPM range around 5k and up."

Those are the two known issues that the engine reflash is meant to cure.

And, the TSB is: 08-13-006

There are three different versions of that TSB. Not sure which version does what. Found that info here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...formation.html

Good luck!