Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2019, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Yeah, I've seen a few out that way when I'm over there.

I daily mine lol. I see a phantom X often that lives about a mile or so from me. That's about it though.
we are here, we most not drive on the same area.

1 2015 WW and 1 2006 Grey.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
I'm out in southern Riverview.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
What you guys should do since you’re local is comebget some of these braces.😜

Old Mar 13, 2019, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

That's a nice set of braces. Retune is next on my list. Along with tires and brakes. Need to get track-ready.

Also, I'm a fan of the wheels...

Old Mar 13, 2019, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Thx man...
Old Mar 14, 2019, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

There's a graphite gray IX I just passed heading onto 275 from St Pete. If you're on here, I was in the Outback with the bright orange kayak on top.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
I daily my silver 9MR, I live in St. Pete area. I haven't seen any evos locally in years lol. Anybody know a shop around St. Pete/Tampa area that has experience with clutch jobs on evos and will install customer supplied parts? I called a couple well known places and they refused my business because I wouldn't buy the parts through them...

Btw nor11384, awesome braces man. One of these days I want to get a set from you but they are a ways down my "to-get" list at the moment lol
Old Apr 3, 2019, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Lol thx man. Brother take my advice please. DO NOT take your evo to any “EVO” shop around here. Do yourself a favor. You’re better off doing it yourself. That’s why I do everything myself including tuning. Search for the horror stories from here to Orlando when it comes to evos. If you want info or any questions pm me.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nor11384
Lol thx man. Brother take my advice please. DO NOT take your evo to any “EVO” shop around here. Do yourself a favor. You’re better off doing it yourself. That’s why I do everything myself including tuning. Search for the horror stories from here to Orlando when it comes to evos. If you want info or any questions pm me.
Unfortunately doing it myself is out of the question really. I dont have the necessary tools, no lift, and no experience with clutches on evos. Hmm.. maybe I could persuade you help me out and to do it with me lol. Man it really sucks being an evo owner around here, nobody (shops/mechanics) knows what the hell they are doing with these cars. And the only shops I might trust refuse to install customer supplied parts... wtf kind of business model is that? Literally turning away potential return customers
Old Apr 4, 2019, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Lol. You don’t need a lift man just jackstands, motivation, and a friend. First time I did it I layed under the car for half an hour thinking to myself “wtf did I get into”. Thankfully these forums have all the info and knowledge you need. Unfortunately that seems to be a new trend with shops. They want to make money on the parts and also they don’t want to be responsible for a part they didn’t provide in case it is faulty and they have to be responsible for it. I get it to a certain extent but I also agree it is bull****.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:31 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
Unfortunately doing it myself is out of the question really. I dont have the necessary tools, no lift, and no experience with clutches on evos. Hmm.. maybe I could persuade you help me out and to do it with me lol. Man it really sucks being an evo owner around here, nobody (shops/mechanics) knows what the hell they are doing with these cars. And the only shops I might trust refuse to install customer supplied parts... wtf kind of business model is that? Literally turning away potential return customers
Have you reached out to ARH Automotive yet? They're rather lenient when it comes to customer supplied parts from my experience.

If all else fails, you buy me pizza and beer and we could plan to do it over a weekend. I got everything necessary to do it, including the slide hammer to pull the shaft from the trans to the t-case.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KRome
Have you reached out to ARH Automotive yet? They're rather lenient when it comes to customer supplied parts from my experience.

If all else fails, you buy me pizza and beer and we could plan to do it over a weekend. I got everything necessary to do it, including the slide hammer to pull the shaft from the trans to the t-case.
Are they experienced with evos? Would you trust them to do a clutch job properly? Thanks for the offer lol I'll keep it in mind
Old Apr 4, 2019, 01:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9isLife
Are they experienced with evos? Would you trust them to do a clutch job properly? Thanks for the offer lol I'll keep it in mind
I would. They work on a ton of cars very well rounded. From your Chevy daily to your modded out ride.

I know it sounds like I'm dick-riding a bit but I know the owner personally and he's a stand up guy. His personal vehicle and shop car is an old school Eagle talon for all that's worth to you so they're no strangers to all-wheel drive systems.

But if you wanna save some cash I don't mind helping either. I got an engine crane, tools, hydraulic press, etc etc. I do all my own work on all my cars as well.
The following users liked this post:
Evo9isLife (Apr 4, 2019)
Old Apr 4, 2019, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Well, if you guys are gonna make a day out of it I may roll through and lend a hand.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's hard to find a good shop in that area. Too many bad ones have ruined the name of all of them IMO.

Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads