Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.
View Poll Results: How many people are ready to start meeting up in 2013?
I'll make time!
100.00%
Not me... too busy!
0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Tampa Area Threads

Old Jan 22, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HISEVO7
...in other news, I am going to cruise around Tampa, Clearwater, and St. Pete just because it's a nice day and the air is chilled!
Wish I knew that earlier. I was at the international mall at 2.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am always willing to meet other Evo owners. Let me know when either on this thread or through pm.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 06:05 PM

I will be at Safety Harbor tomorrow between 11:30 and 4pm. No Evo meet, but an exhibition of classic cars. Should be nice.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HISEVO7, did you ever get rid of the streaks in your windows?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 06:42 PM

No... it's on there pretty good. It comes off a little more each day. Should be resolved by next weekend (I hope).
Old Jan 22, 2011, 08:12 PM

Here is a picture from today's cruise around Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete area. Just wanted to break some of this tension. My car is pretty much stock, so I really have no room to talk.

All I can say is... Not bad for a 2002 that has been to Germany and back again, right? LoL
Old Jan 22, 2011, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HISEVO7
I am at a loss for words. This truly is a touchy subject! I am the outsider that has no idea what's going on or what's happened in the past.

All I know is that Manny has been a good friend, Ryan fixed up my car really nice, and Scott was the first to tune my car since I've owned it. Whether or not he did a great job is beyond my level of understanding.

Its not hard to make me happy. I entered TTP with barely 244hp and left with 268hp without a single upgrade. Is it capable of more? I dunno. Would be nice.

I am glad to have met Ryu and Manny. You both have a passion for Evo's that I have never seen. I stand to learn a lot from you both, it seems!

I can't wait until school is in session!
Alex,

I am glad you are happy.

It is a good feeling to know your car is runing good.

It takes a little investment to get it to be great, but worth it.

AWESOME PICTURE! Nice.

Now that everyone is confortable with each other, let this thread continue on course.

No need to keep it off topic.

I think everyone made some point.

Last edited by 04AWDTURBOEVO; Jan 22, 2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 07:41 AM

For anyone interested, I will be in the Safety Harbor area around noon'ish. I know Sunday is normally a lazy day for some people, but I'll be out and about in case anyone would like to link up. I am ready to see some classic cars today!!!
Old Jan 23, 2011, 12:00 PM

I left Safety Harbor early. Very beautiful area. Not exactly what I expected when I thought I was going to see classic cars!!! It was all '80's and '90's Civics. Oh well. Beautiful area!!! Hope to throw a BBQ there one day!

At the park in Safety Harbor:
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Tampa folks.

I sold my Evo X on Saturday to someone from Ft Lauderdale. I am now getting a stock Evo IX. That will be Evo #4 for me (had a VIII, IX and X). I expect some advice from some of you smart people. My last Evo IX had a TBE, drop-in, MBC and tune and managed a 12.5 at 109mph on stock clutch. This time I want to do way better, but I'm old so it still needs to be somewhat quiet and daily drivable.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 08:01 PM

I havent taken my VII to the track since my last tune. I can say that I have a manual boost controller, ACT clutch, and 3" from down pipe to exhaust. It is still pretty silent and drives like new. I am just a novice, but wanted to respond to your post because most Tampa area guys either post right away or not at all.

Hopefully, one of them will give you better advice.

Good luck!!!
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:42 AM

I've known Manie only a short time. He has shown genuine interest in my car and putting me on the correct path.

I have been impressed with my car since the day I bought it... Feb 1st, 2006. After taking advice from Manie, my car has never felt better!

Thanks Manie.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by [B
gkania[/B];9018967]Manie has been around for a long long time. Before my time even though my Evo is older than his. He has about 8 years of experience with the Evo's and was around with DSM's back in the days before that also for many more years. He doesn't know everything, but he is old enough and mature enough to give it to you straight without predjudice and a hidden agenda. No one knows his actual age but it is rumored to be anywhere from 39-74 years old. He definitely knows all of the connections within the industry to get you to the right people if he can't help you himself. Kind of like an automotive performance pimp. Doesn't actually do much of the work himself but can get you to every expert that can and will which is why you had such a great experience with the shop (TTP) he recommended.

If I haven't showed my appreciation for you yet Manie, then there it is. Thanks for your words of wisdom over the years my friend.

Thanks, George.

You have been a friend for many years and both of us have stock with our Evos through thick and thin.

HISEVO7 I've known Manie only a short time. He has shown genuine interest in my car and putting me on the correct path.

I have been impressed with my car since the day I bought it... Feb 1st, 2006. After taking advice from Manie, my car has never felt better!

Thanks Manie.
Alex,

These first few upgrades you made are just the begining, and the foundation for the next ones to come.

Now that your exhaust is full 3 inch, and have upgraded your fuel pump, and now have a nice boost controller with a solid custom ECU tune, you are ready for the future.

But, as you have allready noticed, the car is now more enjoyable and safe to drive.

You are good for another 70,000 miles with all your new parts in the car.

What is next, new injectors and stock appearing Turbo upgrade?

Your wife will kill you .

Glad you are happy.

I am too, because I now have another really good friend.

Last edited by 04AWDTURBOEVO; Jan 25, 2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:47 PM

So, whats up guys. See everyone is getting along nicely. Got to meet up everyone. Me and a couple more Evo owners usually attend the USF meets. Always a nice turnout. The next one is on Jan 28th from 9:30pm to 11:30pm at the Collins Library parking lot, top deck if anyone is interested.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sinister_X
So, whats up guys. See everyone is getting along nicely. Got to meet up everyone. Me and a couple more Evo owners usually attend the USF meets. Always a nice turnout. The next one is on Jan 28th from 9:30pm to 11:30pm at the Collins Library parking lot, top deck if anyone is interested.
Well, I am glad to see someone looking torwards the future instead of the past. I can't get in it because I was in Iraq while all of this was happening. Not to mention, I am a novice anyway.

I look forward to that meet. How many Evo's usually show up?

Also, trying to get a photo shoot with as many Evo's as possible during 17-22 of February... specific date still in the air between that range. It will be on/near one of the beaches.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tampa Area Threads