Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

shops in or near middle tennessee?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
shops in or near middle tennessee?

Anyone know of any good reputible shops in or near middle tn? I will not bad mouth shops I know of but do not refer me to carma in nashville or the shop in hermitage I forgot the name bc they couldn give me a estimate on an engine build after I listed every part I had for a honda engine build and what I wanted done? Kinda strange right? And as for carma bad experiences more than 3 times and that's all I will say. Im needing a decent engine builder for my honda and also I need some work done on my evo 8. Only person I know of is guy named kevin from murfreesboro that supposedly has a 700hp evo on stock ecu? Any info on his shop or any other great shops would be appreciated.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Man, I have no idea of any good shops in TN, i been trying to find one too.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Well... supposedly the kevin guy I referred to in my post has a shop in murfreesboro that specializes in evos and srt4s but I can't find anyone who knows anything bout it or him. And I have heard rumors of a another place in memphis that is good with evos but I have no name of anyone or shop name. Only ones I know of are carma in nashville and rpm in mt. Juliet however rpm closed down, but the guy still builds motors only he doesn't do any tuning. Carma uses him to build theirs and customers motors. I would not recommend carma as I stated before. Feel free to pm me if u wanna know y.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you looked into Fastech in Knoxville? They built my evo 9 motor and haven't had a problem with it yet. They are super smart guys but they are more into the Subaru world. They have a WRX, yes a WRX, with 900+awhp! They were also in the process of sending a RSX into the 700+ hp area. They have an awd dyno which is one of the few in the southeast from what I have heard (they bought it from dyno4mance in ATL).

My only criticism is they are highly lacking in the communication department. I have had my car back for almost 2 months, broke in the engine and I have still not gotten in on the dyno for a tune. They calmed their cable was broken and I told them I actually had one and haven't heard from them since. Every disappointing because they are so close to me and are very cool, smart guys.

Fastech website
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't heard of them. And yes ur exactly right on the dyno issue. The closest one I know of is or was in birmingham al. We have plenty of 2wd dynos one less than 20 minutes from my house but no awd. And no decent shops but I will definately check them out since that's only maybe 2 hours away.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 07:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would check with Dave Peters @ OTT Motorsports in Clinton, TN. He's had plenty of experience with the DSM/EVO platform and I can personally vouch for his attention to detail.

Give him a buzz @ 865-206-3065 if you're interested.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ramen_Noodle
I would check with Dave Peters @ OTT Motorsports in Clinton, TN. He's had plenty of experience with the DSM/EVO platform and I can personally vouch for his attention to detail.

I will look into this as well the more options I have the better. Btw the signature quote is f***in hilarious
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:34 AM

Xtremefabrications.com the name of the shop is Xtreme Performance in Murfeesboro, TN maybe 30min south of Nashville. Some guys on DSM Forum here have had work done by him. I believe he only does DSMs and EVOs. Also, maybe check out Dynospeed in Memphis. Alot of the Mustang guys use him and he does alot of different stuff just not Mustangs.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deceptive gst
Xtremefabrications.com the name of the shop is Xtreme Performance in Murfeesboro, TN maybe 30min south of Nashville. Some guys on DSM Forum here have had work done by him. I believe he only does DSMs and EVOs. Also, maybe check out Dynospeed in Memphis. Alot of the Mustang guys use him and he does alot of different stuff just not Mustangs.
Is this the kevin guy I was referring to in the boro?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 03:16 AM

No, the guys name is Doug. Another option is DBR High Performance in Spring Hill, TN. I know this one through Mustang guys. They had a show last summer and had a Nissan GTR they were putting a new transmission and AMS 9 Kit or something to that extenet. They are very nice people and I have never heard anything bad about them from the Mustang Guys. Delk Performance, I have had a good experience and had a friend who had a good experience with them. They are in Lebanon I believe but, have heard some people say to stay away from them.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deceptive gst
No, the guys name is Doug. Another option is DBR High Performance in Spring Hill, TN. I know this one through Mustang guys. They had a show last summer and had a Nissan GTR they were putting a new transmission and AMS 9 Kit or something to that extenet. They are very nice people and I have never heard anything bad about them from the Mustang Guys. Delk Performance, I have had a good experience and had a friend who had a good experience with them. They are in Lebanon I believe but, have heard some people say to stay away from them.
Hmm delk performance? I live 15 minutes from leb but never heard of them. Only place I know of in lebanon is c&c performance but he mainly does mustangs and has done a little with honda/acura. I will look into delk performance and dbr as well. Thanks for all the good info.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

I finally found who the kevin guy was and his shops name. Its mooremax performance in murfreesboro. Anyone heard of it? I tried getting on the website with no luck and they haven't been on their myspace in a while. From the pics inside they DO have an awd dyno. Hopefully I can get ahold of them and their shop is still in business as this would be awesome to have an awd dyno within 30 minutes drive. If anyone finds any info on these guys let me know asap please.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 09:17 AM

Hey guys I just moved in to the middle tennessee area. Got a couple of questions, first of all, I'm coming from ohio and I've been tuned on ohio '93 fuel that has around 10% ethanol.

I've been getting some really bad break-up or hiccups I guess you could say while under full boost. Since I was running perfect in ohio before I left, I thought there might be a different type of fuel mixture in this area.

So my question is, What type of fuel do you other evo owners use?
In Ohio I was tuned on shell '93 and never had any problems. Perhaps there is a better fuel down here?

My next question, or thought, is that maybe I should find a tuner in this area that could do a few logs and maybe correct the issue.

Any suggestions regarding tuner or fuel is appreciated! I know about mellon in memphis but he's a little far.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO Nate
Hey guys I just moved in to the middle tennessee area. Got a couple of questions, first of all, I'm coming from ohio and I've been tuned on ohio '93 fuel that has around 10% ethanol.

I've been getting some really bad break-up or hiccups I guess you could say while under full boost. Since I was running perfect in ohio before I left, I thought there might be a different type of fuel mixture in this area.

So my question is, What type of fuel do you other evo owners use?
In Ohio I was tuned on shell '93 and never had any problems. Perhaps there is a better fuel down here?

My next question, or thought, is that maybe I should find a tuner in this area that could do a few logs and maybe correct the issue.

Any suggestions regarding tuner or fuel is appreciated! I know about mellon in memphis but he's a little far.

Check him out.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:46 PM

Check him out.
Cool thanks, I'll give him a ring.

Quick Reply: shops in or near middle tennessee?