Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

DMT tuning 👎🏿👎🏾👎🏻👎🏽

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DMT tuning 👎🏿👎🏾👎🏻👎🏽

I know this will be just the tip of the iceberg but here it goes. I had Danny tune my car after hearing mostly good things about him a few years back I had a 2.1 with a 6266 on her he did some base tuning and adjustments then we were off doing pulls well the second pull it starts making a noise which I thought was rod knock he said no it's a lifter I pulled the valve cover off and looked didn't see anything crazy so I replaced all the lifters just in case. Turned it back on and still the noise was there I dropped the pan and sure enough spun bearings i tear the motor down and found it had some bad detonation going on as well. Since I bought the car with this motor I assumed it was just bad luck i then build the motor to a 2.4 i oring the block and all. Have him tune it again and the power isn't there the drivability sucks just all around a **** car i get it a little better with some research and then sell the car less than 4K on motor the new owner then gets a retune and advises me that the knock sensor was turned off and then the motor let go he tears the block down and sure enough same issues that I saw on the original motor. I know of a lot of people in the Orlando area where this has happened to them as well. Just want everyone to be careful and please find a better person to tune your vehicle.
Old May 19, 2017, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dmt sucks. buddy of mine is going threw an issue right now with a build and tune he did. basically car lasted 2k miles then started to have leak down issues. and the horror stories with dmt just keep piling up.