Notices

Auto body shop

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto body shop

Had a mishap to my car yesterday and looks like its gonna need some body straightening and re-painting.
Any recommendations for a good garage who wouldn't rip me off and do a good job in the GTA? I have attached pics of the damage (rear right side panel of car)

Old Nov 6, 2009, 07:53 AM

http://members.mississaugadirect.info/1-905-678-2840/

does good work for a good price, ask for Joe and tell him ur a friend of Dave with the Black 09 Lancer through the TorontoLancerClub.
He'll know what ur talking about. I just got my trunk fixed after sum idoit keyed my trunk really bad. probably a mad civic or cobalt owner.
Anyway they did a good job for a great price only cuz I was reffered by sumone else to go there, so if you do the same Im sure u'll get a good deal too.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 02:18 PM

Thanks Buddy!
I will check them out Monday after work.... How much you think this is gonna run me approx?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 03:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a few hundred easy.. say 3-4 hours at $80-$120 to fix the dent plus sand and prep damaged areas. Then add paint on top of that with proper 2 stage paint then wetsand and buff making sure areas are blended as they should. Yea quarters suck to paint since you cant just replace them like a fender, hood, or bumper of some type. I have a body guy but he's closer to london so not sure if you want to go that far.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 06:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bodywork is never cheap unfortunatly.

but call and email around, see what shop bites
Old Nov 6, 2009, 09:52 PM

just curious guys..sorry to hijack

how much would it cost just to repaint the front lip on a Lancer GTS/GT/SE

u know how we have those 2 front lips in the front of the car.....i have a scratch there...i'm curious on how much it would be to repaint it??

thanks
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:04 PM

im looking for a hookup on a paint job too, i need to get a ralliart bumper and a replica MR spoiler painted tarmac black. please contact me if anyone has any hook ups
Old Nov 7, 2009, 05:26 AM

the lip I would assume if you either take it off yourself and just hand it over to the guy would be about $100. Only other way to save is having them tape which isnt always the best option to save.

for example i had my trunk keyed from "LANCER" to "Mitsubishi" that couldnt be just buffed out.
It would have been 700 with new emblems if I just dropped the car off but I took everything off myself and just dropped off the trunk shell. that ran me $200 exactly. I have a Black 09 Lancer.

this didnt include the emblems cuz he can give them to me for cost, eitherway I'm going to just re-3m tape my current emblems back on to save that money since new ones would cost $125 for all 3 on the trunk.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the input!

I got 2 shop recommendations so far...gonna get quotes from both and Scarboro dealer too sometime this week.
Initially, I thought of putting in an insurance claim, but if the repairs cost less than 2k, might as well fix it from my pocket.

Originally Posted by turbotime
Yea quarters suck to paint since you cant just replace them like a fender, hood, or bumper of some type. I have a body guy but he's closer to london so not sure if you want to go that far.
Yeah, dam those quarter panels! London is too far and since this my DD car, its gonna be hard to be without the car. Thanks for the offer though!

Will update this thread by end of the week...

Last edited by mikron15; Nov 7, 2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 08:50 AM

how do you guys go by taking the emblems off? I want to paint mine black.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:39 AM

Just to update this thread...
Took a dealer quote, came to $1650... They would knock off $200 off if i haggled a bit.
So I took it to my mechanic and to my surprise they do body work too. Got a quote of $600 which included painting the whole door and the panel VS only patch painting with the dealer.
Took two days overall and it looks good!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 08:26 PM

I would get it done where ever the insurance company suggests. They will lifetime guarentee the work. I don't always trust dealerships, my friend had a bad experience at a Lexus/toyota dealership where they didn't even primer the bumper! No it is flaking off 6 months later and won't fix it, scamers.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 12:11 PM

Thanks for the advice. He did offer lifetime guarantee and said to contact him if anything do happen down the road. He has done couple of high end cars like Audi and BMW, so i have trust in him.