Notices

Fog light glass cover replacement

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog light glass cover replacement

Just wanted to ask where can i get the glass cover replacement for fog lights? If you guys know any local store that sells it would be great. mine broke and i think a small rock hit it. Dealership is asking an arm for it.

or maybe someone can post a sticky thread for something like this. on where to get small parts/replacement for your car. (e.i. bulbs, LED lights, HID kit, floor mat, plasti dip, etc.)
Old Dec 8, 2009, 03:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know AJ was able to grab one for cheap earlier... he replaced one of his fogs due to a rock impact. I know that soon XenonDepot is going to have a special TLC / EVOM special buy for Fog HIDs and Fog housings/assembly as a bundle and as a separate pieces.

We are not sure what the price will be for the deal, but here is the info on it. They are OEM parts. Since your looking for a single piece you could search ebay as well. Shak also posted a link on here for some OEM and OEM replacement parts. As soon as I get home I will search more and find it.

xenondepot lights
http://www.kbcarstuff.com/07_08_MITS...f-lan08oem.htm
Give you guys an update next week on the HID stuff

In regards to plastiDip, I have a can or two laying around. Bought them Cheap from the USA, but up here in Canada Home Hardware has it for like 13 dollars a can. I used it to paint my spoiler, used only two coats and turned out good enough let me know if you want to try it out for yourself on something.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Depending on the cost of the OEM replacement. Maybe you should consider a projector retrofit on your foglights I don't see it being too much work as you can take the whole piece off. After that toss on some HIDs for some crisp light output
Old Dec 9, 2009, 09:07 PM

^ is that what you did to yours? i like the idea. we'll see i still have to check the prices for it.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

^ no I didn't. Its something I've considered, but having 2 perfectly find fog light lens's I'm not as motivated to proceed with such an endeavor
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by infeksion
^ is that what you did to yours? i like the idea. we'll see i still have to check the prices for it.
infeksion, my fogs have ultra light damage from melting from Nokya bulbs. I am talking to Xenon Depot and going to buy upgraded Fogs HIDs and replace my housings, I might be able to sell you mine.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

ralliart and gts have different fogs i believe.. i know housing for sure donno about lens
Old Dec 10, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

I hate it when that happens. Fog housing from Dealer was $265 each, $295 with bulb. I picked up replicas for like $160 from somebody from waterloo, and it was the whole damn kit. Housing, Bulbs, Relay, Switch, harness, even the grill surround. Working fine so far. but I threw in some 55w 35K HID's.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
infeksion, my fogs have ultra light damage from melting from Nokya bulbs. I am talking to Xenon Depot and going to buy upgraded Fogs HIDs and replace my housings, I might be able to sell you mine.
Sounds good. i really hope they match my fog housing. after that i'll get one of those covers so it wont happen again.
http://www.lamin-x.com/Mitsubishi-EV...rs-p/mt112.htm

Originally Posted by aj_pierce
I hate it when that happens. Fog housing from Dealer was $265 each, $295 with bulb. I picked up replicas for like $160 from somebody from waterloo, and it was the whole damn kit. Housing, Bulbs, Relay, Switch, harness, even the grill surround. Working fine so far. but I threw in some 55w 35K HID's.
Yikes! crazy huh. but thats not even half of what they were asking me to replace it. i wanted to make it HID too like laksman mentioned before. So it give a brighter output, coz with my HID headlight i can hardly see the difference when i turn on the fog light. thats why i hardly use it.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 09:32 AM
Former Sponsor

95 confirmed that its a different size, but since i am ordering a new oem bumper and rebar i will see if i can bring down the cost of a oem one.

pm me by wednesday if ur interested