Notices

Tuner in Toronto

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolutionary1
He has tuned a skyline gtr or 2 I believe and has good tuning experience enough to figure it out. He will put the time in and make sure your happy, but just my $0.02.
My STi spent quite a bit of time there and I have spoken with Andy......I'm not new to neetronics by any means.

He hasn't tuned the SST, he has tuned cars with them, but has not actually tuned the SST itself.
Old May 1, 2012, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Here's some example.

His attitude towards people without 100,000$ to spend isn't very nice to begin with. Site he might have helped with big expensive projects by providing his "block of aluminum" they call their manifold or a cmc. He didn't tune the car. I personally know two people who have both spent 25,000$ plus and one car (fully built by Magnus the genius himself)can't even get past a break in tune, the motor is severely hurt. Another example is he tuned someone else again no names, 2-4 times and not once was it done right.

If you've never been by there..well it's a museum , lots of cars with tons of dust

Ultimately it's your decision if you want your car to run right for the life of it or face what I'm going thru Aka a blown up motor from preppie pathetic tuners in the GTA, Neetronics was one, 4 star is another, aph well let's just leave that. If you want to build your car. Stay within the GTA

My motor lasted 56,000, these other two I speak of 3 times less.
Old May 1, 2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Widoww
Here's some example.

His attitude towards people without 100,000$ to spend isn't very nice to begin with. Site he might have helped with big expensive projects by providing his "block of aluminum" they call their manifold or a cmc. He didn't tune the car. I personally know two people who have both spent 25,000$ plus and one car (fully built by Magnus the genius himself)can't even get past a break in tune, the motor is severely hurt. Another example is he tuned someone else again no names, 2-4 times and not once was it done right.

If you've never been by there..well it's a museum , lots of cars with tons of dust

Ultimately it's your decision if you want your car to run right for the life of it or face what I'm going thru Aka a blown up motor from preppie pathetic tuners in the GTA, Neetronics was one, 4 star is another, aph well let's just leave that. If you want to build your car. Stay within the GTA

My motor lasted 56,000, these other two I speak of 3 times less.
Exactly why I haven't had the car tuned locally
Old May 1, 2012, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kahrs
You're on glue if you think magnus isnt a good shop. He if good friends with David Busher and has been in many loops on some very expensive projects. He worked/fabricated peices of ETS' 9s Evo. Very foolish to say he's anything but good. Also as for his prices...you get what you pay for if you wanna test your luck with other shops be my guest. Quality is expensive.
Quality is expensive and Talk is cheap

Widoww stated what I would've mentioned
Old May 1, 2012, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Nice to read different opinions and experiences from different customers rather than fan boys ranting on. Clipse3gt has done wonders. I know it's an online tune but still
Old May 1, 2012, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Widoww
Here's some example.

His attitude towards people without 100,000$ to spend isn't very nice to begin with.
I recall him posting on here a while back if memory serves me correctly , and his attitude was consistent with what your saying.
Old May 1, 2012, 12:37 PM

I would have to concur with that. Clipse3GT has been pretty awesome and then some.

Strictly from a statistical stand point, the US has many more Evos than we have up here in Canadialand and I would surmise that the US Tuners have much more experience and expertise with Evos. Granted, there are some Canadian vendors that do good work and make good products, I've yet to hear about one tuner that has an overwhelmingly large number good reviews and votes of confidence.

Originally Posted by evox44
Nice to read different opinions and experiences from different customers rather than fan boys ranting on. Clipse3gt has done wonders. I know it's an online tune but still
Old May 1, 2012, 12:49 PM
Former Sponsor

I will be in Toronto for some contract work in the coming weeks. I could probably set a day aside and tune a few cars if anyone is still interested. There are a few mustang dynos in the area.
Old May 1, 2012, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

+1 lanevor..
Old May 1, 2012, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're on glue if you think magnus isnt a good shop. He if good friends with David Busher and has been in many loops on some very expensive projects. He worked/fabricated peices of ETS' 9s Evo. Very foolish to say he's anything but good. Also as for his prices...you get what you pay for if you wanna test your luck with other shops be my guest. Quality is expensive.
Funny thing is, you drive over to the states and get tuned by buschur, ams, or any of the TOP tuners and pay couple hundred. You go down here, you pay 1200$?$? Thats quality? Hmm, i wonder if Magnus tunes are worth 10x what buschur does... doubt it
Old May 1, 2012, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
WHAT? When did Buschur and Marco become friends? Do you not know the crap that went down between those two? I highly doubt they are even on talking terms.
Old May 1, 2012, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

You know what I agree 1200 is a bit expensive but I've never heard this price tag before till now. In fact if you search the forums he did a group tune for 600 bucks. So...we have evidence on the forums of a 600$ price tag and never once have I heard 1200$.

Last edited by Kahrs; May 1, 2012 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Childish remark...
Old May 1, 2012, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like alot of people here are butt hurt that Marco didn't like them and you know what I agree 1200 is a bit expensive but I've never heard this price tag before till now. In fact if you search the forums he did a group tune for 600 bucks. So...we have evidence on the forums of a 600$ price tag and never once have I heard 1200$.
I encourage you to call Marco and get a quote (for kicks and giggles, good hump day laugh), then for fun ask how much for a tune with an AEM EMS ecu... 1200 is what it is.... 1000 if you buy the aem ems from them... David Buschur has my FULL support, id rather take the time off of work, and pay for the gas to drive the 14 hours (their and back) and pay David Buschur to tune my car then to pay retarded coin down here. Plus lets be realistic here, Buschur has tuned how many evos and how many evos has magnus tuned... My money and support is with Buschur. Magnus is a great shop that has done well, but in the end... is it really worth it?? If magnus was more competitive on pricing I would possibly (still highly doubt) consider it
Chris

Last edited by foxbear2277; May 1, 2012 at 07:20 PM. Reason: added a line
Old May 1, 2012, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got tuned by magnus while back. Then got retuned by Jay from Boosted Tuning. He's worked plenty with me and my tune, eco tune, and has helped me with cold start tune, and the cold start tuning i didnt pay a dime for, he's just taking his time to help.

And im quite happy with my 500whp email tune which i got for a killer price (WELL under 300$) vs what? A group buy did you say for a 600$ a tune? no thanks

Its not about anyone being butt hurt, you saying that is just childish. The truth about magnus is, they are knowledgeable group of guys that like to overcharge. As foxbear said above, you're better off driving to the states and having one of the MORE experienced shops tune/build/work on your car for half the price.
Old May 1, 2012, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Don't get me wrong and forgive me if I came off a bit aggressive but I would choose Busher over Magnus any day of the week.

I just don't see any alternatives to getting a tune locally.

I never once said Magnus was cheap. I was merely saying that I would not trust any other shop in Toronto to tune my car.

Quick Reply: Tuner in Toronto