EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Announcements (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements-235/)
-   -   NEW VENDOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!! 100 CELL RACE CATS, 65mm THROTTLE BODIES and PORTING!!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements/330262-new-vendor-announcement-100-cell-race-cats-65mm-throttle-bodies-porting.html)

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 6, 2008 05:28 PM

NEW VENDOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!! 100 CELL RACE CATS, 65mm THROTTLE BODIES and PORTING!!!

Hello EvoM.

We are happy to introduce MIL.SPEC, a company based on the highest standards of professional racing. We have two co-founders, who were brought together by their love of automotive performance and the science behind it.

ABY NAZARIO: The tech genius behind MIL.SPEC. Many of you know Aby as "WOT" on the forums. What you may not know is that Aby has 20 years of professional race car tuning and engine building experience under his belt. He has been a part of 18 Manufacturer Championships and worked on GTP, IMSA, ALMS, CART and IRL cars. Aby has worked at many esteemed companies including, but not limited to: Cosworth, NPT (Nissan Performance Technology), TRD (Toyota Racing Development), and most recently HPD (Honda Performance Development). Aby brings his unparalleled level of knowledge and professional racing experience to the Evo.

ERIK DELEO: The marketing guy behind MIL.SPEC and formerly known as "atlvalet" on the forums. Erik has been an avid car enthusiast ever since age 5, when his dad (after winning his race) took him for a victory lap at Watkins Glen in a TR-3. With an incurable addiction to modifying vehicles, Erik plans on bringing unique products to the Evo market and fill in niches that are presently over-looked. Like 100 cell race cats, for example.

Why MIL.SPEC? What does MIL.SPEC mean/stand for?

MIL.SPEC stands for military specifications. The standards for the military are beyond those of most industries, and they have their own grading systems for materials and engineering. This is often referred to as "mil-spec," and is the level of quality and engineering that MIL.SPEC delivers.

MIL.SPEC INITIAL PRODUCT LINE (PICS TO COME)

Evo 8/9 100 Cell Bolt-On Race Cats: Outflow ANY cat in the market and get the highest flowing cat around. Period. If you are tired of that test pipe smell, you want to help save the trees or you're racing in the Redline Time Attack Street Class then THIS CAT IS FOR YOU! Manufactured in an ISO/TS 16949:2002 accredited facility, the quality of these race cats is second-to-none. Our bolt-on units are fully TIG welded and constructed of 304SS tubing INCLUDING stainless flanges (many exhaust parts have mild steel flanges). We also include 2 gaskets WITH fire rings (most are just graphite gaskets that void easily). The pieces are made ENTIRELY in the USA. That means no foreign-made quality control issues :) PM Erik@MIL.SPEC for questions and sales inquiries.

WHAT MAKES OUR CATS DIFFERENT:
• Fully TIG welded
• 304SS tubing
• 304SS laser-cut flanges
• Made entirely in :usflag:
• Includes 2 gaskets with incorporated fire rings

FULL BOLT-ON 3" 100 CELL CAT MSRP: $299

UNIVERSAL 3" 100 CELL METAL CAT MSRP: $179

A/B TEST: OUR 100 CAT VS. CERAMIC 3" HFC +14whp/+14tq PEAK GAIN!

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...VS_100cell.jpg

WE ARE A PROUD SPONSOR OF NILS LEUFVENS (nils) REDLINE TIME ATTACK STREET CLASS EVO

WE ARE A PROUD SPONSOR OF MFQ MOTORSPORTS REDLINE TIME ATTACK MODIFIED CLASS EVO

WE ARE A PROUD SPONSOR OF PAUL LANGLIE's REDLINE TIME ATTACK STREET CLASS EVO

WE ARE A PROUD SPONSOR OF ADAM FUHS (evo8dad) STU SCCA EVO

WE ARE A PROUD SPONSOR OF SEAN MACKENZIE'S TT SCCA EVO

"WOT SPECIAL" 65mm Throttle Bodies: No one gives more attention to detail with throttle bodies than MIL.SPEC. All our throttle bodies are rebuilt with MIL.SPEC high pressure throttle body seals. The throttle body shafts are machined, so you'll get additional flow compared to other 65mm units. We have also machined the TB to get rid of that potentially annoying whistle. Also, before they are sent out, every TPS sensor is set to Mistubishi Factory Specs so it's truly a bolt-on unit (some people experience problems without properly calibrated TPS sensors). Finally, every MIL.SPEC 65mm TB is sent out with a new OEM gasket. CORE EXCHANGE REQUIRED. PM Aby@MIL.SPEC for questions and sales inquiries.

WHAT MAKES OUR 65mm THROTTLE BODIES DIFFERENT:
• Machined TB shafts for optimized flow
• Machined to eliminate the dreaded 65mm "whistle"
• Rebuilt with MIL.SPEC high pressure shaft seals
• TPS sensor calibrated to :mitsu: Factory Specs
• Includes BRAND NEW OEM gasket machined to 65mm
• Comes with a brand new BISS screw

DYNO COMPARE:

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z.../TBCompare.jpg

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A TOTALLY ACCURATE COMPARISON, AS THE INTAKE MANIFOLD WAS PORTED. GOING FROM A STOCK TB & IM WILL RESULT IN MORE PRONOUNCED GAINS

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME, # AND SHIPPING INFORMATION WHEN YOU SEND IN YOUR TB.

65mm TB MSRP: $295

PRICING INFORMATION:
All work above requires a core exchange.

To get a 65mm TB &/or a ported inlet manifold before MIL.SPEC receiving your components, This requires a deposit which will be refunded in it’s entirety after receiving your parts that are deemed in fine working order & don’t posses damage or excessive corrosion. See example pictures/descriptions.

65mm TB core deposit is $300. Here are some cost examples:

65mm TB w/core provided = $285 + $11.45 (USPS Priority) * 1.03 (paypal) = $306.00

65mm TB before receiving core = $285 + $11.45 (USPS Priority) + $300 (deposit) * 1.03 (paypal) = $618.00

I highly recommend you have me install / set-up a TPS on the 65mm to Mitsu specs for ease of installation. The shipment will take place after the funds have cleared.

When your deposit is refunded, you also get back the 3% for that too.

MIL.SPEC GUIDELINES FOR PURCHASING A TB

As of late, we’ve been receiving some throttle bodies in extremely poor condition. That puts us as a company in an awkward position, as we’re left with a throttle body sent in as a core that’s barely re-sellable. So, we have instituted these guidelines for people to judge the quality of their own throttle bodies before they send them in. This way, no one is surprised…either MIL.SPEC or one of our customers.

WHEN YOU SEND IN A TB, IT WILL RECEIVE ONE OF THREE GRADES: A, B, C or GHETTO-STYLE

GRADE A
A throttle body in good to great. Little to no visible signs of oxidation . TB typical of someone who is anal-retentive with their car and treats it well (and we like that).

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...let/GradeA.jpg

GRADE B
A throttle body in average condition. Very minor to minor oxidation . TB typical of someone who lives on the west coast or garages their car regularly.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/GradeATB.jpg

GRADE C

Severely oxidized throttle body. Typical east coast throttle body or where they salt the roads A LOT in the winter.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/GradeBTB.jpg

GHETTO STYLE

Severely oxidized thottle body or a TB that has a WACKED GOLD BALLER paint job like this one (yes, someone actually sent us this throttle body). If you send us this throttle body as a core replacement, you WILL NOT receive a refund. Repeat…GHETTO throttle body, no core refund. Period. If you send us a throttle body like this to port, expect to receive back THE SAME throttle body with a turnaround time of approximately 2 weeks.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/GhettoTB.jpg

DAMAGED TB's

If you send us a damaged throttle body and fail to mention its condition, you WILL NOT receive your core deposit. If you send us a damaged TB to port, expect to receive back THE SAME throttle body with a turnaround time of approximately 2 weeks. Dents/grooves/etc. will not come out even after being machined. We will not re-sell damaged parts.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z.../DamagedTB.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: When you send in throttle bodies, YOU MUST let us know what condition your TB is in. It’s either going to be Grade A, Grade B or Grade C. If there is some type of uicp pipe damage that you see on your trottle body upon removal, expect to get your original back plus the process will take a bit longer. If you let MIL.SPEC know of things ahead of time, we can work something out. If you do have a damaged throttle body, don’t be to worried. The one on Aby’s car is slightly buggered up and he makes power just fine.

MIL.SPEC DISCLAIMER
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO KEEP YOUR CORE DEPOSIT IF YOU SEND US A DAMAGED TB, A TB IN POOR CONDITION OR A TB WITH DAMAGED HARDWARE THAT IS NOT REPAIRABLE OR USABLE. IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN ABOUT THE QUALITY OF PARTS YOU’RE SENDING, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO ASK. WE WANT THIS TO WORK OUT WELL FOR EVERYONE!

Thank you, and have a nice day :beer: :beer: :usflag:

0E3vobutt3r Mar 6, 2008 05:30 PM

interesting love to see some pics and welcome

MR Turco Mar 6, 2008 05:36 PM

Does the cat pipe have an O2 bung prewelded and do you have pics? :D

nils Mar 6, 2008 05:41 PM

nice!!! congrats guys!

cant wait to test out the parts & give feedback.... !!

n

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 6, 2008 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco (Post 5374878)
Does the cat pipe have an O2 bung prewelded and do you have pics? :D

Should have pics of the TB soon. The race cats are being fabbed up as bolt-on pieces as we speak. There will be a bung option for the Evo 9 :) We are taking pre-orders at the moment. Believe me, they will be purdy :D

EvoTio Mar 6, 2008 05:50 PM

Will you guys be offering intake manifold porting to compliment the 65mm throttle body?

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 6, 2008 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by EvoTio (Post 5374936)
Will you guys be offering intake manifold porting to compliment the 65mm throttle body?

Yes. If you're in SoCal you may make arrangements with Aby. If you're out of state, we would be happy to accommodate you. Please PM Aby with any TB questions, as he can answer them better than I {thumbup}

RazorLab Mar 6, 2008 06:28 PM

Congrats Erik. :)

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 6, 2008 07:52 PM

Thanks Bryan :D

1slowevo Mar 6, 2008 08:05 PM

whats the turn time on the 65mm TB? can we purchase full TB and pay for a core until return of our stock TB? (keep downtime to a minimum)

shunderwunder Mar 6, 2008 08:10 PM

Will the 65mm throttle body make any diffrence on a IX with full bolt ons & cams? what bennefits will I see? Also +1 on the core question above.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 6, 2008 08:26 PM

On Aby's car we saw a 8whp DynoJet increase, plus a huge improvement in throttle response and response at throttle tip-in with the 65mm TB. We should have a graph/dyno compare soon (like tomorrow or so). ;)

Please send a PM to Aby@MIL.SPEC for all core related questions :)

FullOutPwr Mar 6, 2008 08:50 PM

One difference is your on late at night where most vendors are not :)

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 6, 2008 09:28 PM

I love giving people the best available products, plus I live on the left coast :)

I am excited to be working with Aby because he brings a whole other level of experience and engineering prowess to the Evo world {thumbup} :beer:

Paul Nelson Mar 6, 2008 09:33 PM

Welcome guys glad to have ya!

lv05evo Mar 6, 2008 10:25 PM

Congrats Erik and Aby. You'll see more from me sometime.{thumbup} :beer:

Wicked E Mar 7, 2008 12:28 AM

Gonna do intake manifolds?? If so, whats ur package price for IM/TB?

wshihdnevo Mar 7, 2008 12:57 AM

Aby is a great guy! {thumbup} Glad to see that you are now vendors.

Aby@MIL.SPEC Mar 7, 2008 06:34 AM

I apologize for the late reply.....I fell asleep early lastnight

Originally Posted by 1slowevo (Post 5375644)
whats the turn time on the 65mm TB? can we purchase full TB and pay for a core until return of our stock TB? (keep downtime to a minimum)

Absolutely {thumbup} My evo is a daily driver & I cant have my car down either. That is why MIL.SPEC has aquired a surplus of 03/04 & 05/06 65mm tb's ready to go. If you happen to inquire while we are out of stock, it's usually just a matter of days for our machine shop to turn around the last batch of throttle bodies & gaskets.

We do offer a core exchange, the deposit for that exchange is $300-. This amount will be refunded to you in full when we receive a fully operation oem tb in return in good condition. If you happen to send in a tb that has eroded water pipes, it will be rejected & sent back. As the next person to get your tb will be upset with us when his water lines leak @ the tb.

Aby@MIL.SPEC Mar 7, 2008 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5376332)
Gonna do intake manifolds?

Yes. This will be done on an exchange basis @ $75-. All ported intake manifolds will feature gasket matched runners & the inlet manifold entrance will be bored to 65mm as well{thumbup}

If so, whats ur package price for IM/TB?

That price will be finalized later today.

Nesiop Mar 7, 2008 06:56 AM

Going to do intake manifolds with 75mm tbodys with IAC and EGR provisions?

Evo Tengoku Mar 7, 2008 06:57 AM

Coating options for ported exhaust manifold? :)

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 7, 2008 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Evo Tengoku (Post 5376954)
Coating options for ported exhaust manifold? :)

That may be an option in the future, however that increases lag time and requires us to rely on another vendor (Swain Tech is who I trust). We prefer to have more control over the exchange process. The last thing we want is a customer upset over a delay that we can't rectify directly ourselves. {thumbup}

mymigi Mar 7, 2008 10:00 AM

I have purchased from Aby and the product is A+++!!!

Good Luck guys!!!

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 7, 2008 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nesiop (Post 5376952)
Going to do intake manifolds with 75mm tbodys with IAC and EGR provisions?

Anything is possible, but that's not on the radar screen for the moment.

badhabit90 Mar 7, 2008 04:31 PM

welcome!!:beer:

Wicked E Mar 7, 2008 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC (Post 5376898)
Yes. This will be done on an exchange basis @ $75-. All ported intake manifolds will feature gasket matched runners & the inlet manifold entrance will be bored to 65mm as well{thumbup}

You sir, caused a boner in the pants... {thumbup}

PANGES Mar 7, 2008 04:50 PM

Pics of the race cat please?

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 7, 2008 05:36 PM

Here are some pics. We will have sexier ones soon. These cats were formerly known as ATLVALET Race Cats ;)

100 CELL CAT CORE ON LEFT, 300 CELL CAT CORE ON RIGHT
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/300vs100.jpg

You can see 300 cell offers A LOT more restriction and surface area. 300 Cell = Cobb, PERRIN, Random Tech 100 Cell = MIL.SPEC :D

ACTUAL UNIT WE SELL:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/RaceCat2.jpg

MY SHORT CAREER AS A HAND MODEL:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/RaceCat3.jpg

lucky13evo Mar 7, 2008 06:11 PM

are the cats going to come built so you can bolt them right in or is it a build it yourself deal.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 7, 2008 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by lucky13evo (Post 5380072)
are the cats going to come built so you can bolt them right in or is it a build it yourself deal.

We offer both solutions. Right now the bolt-on units are being fabbed up. Should be available within the next month. DIYers can still order bare race cats :)

Lancerguy'03 Mar 7, 2008 06:40 PM

so being mil.spec do you offer mil.discounts?? =P. i use mil.spec stuff all the time.

Blue Evo 8 Mar 7, 2008 09:47 PM

I'm running a 3" AMS TBE set-up with the 3 bolt flanges.....

can you make me a 100cell cat in stainless with the 3 bolt flanges in the same length as the AMS Test-pipes/hi-flo cats?

bridge Mar 7, 2008 10:19 PM

congrats Aby !

I look forward to getting your products. We need some new blood around here . See you next week for install. Bobby

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 7, 2008 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lancerguy'03 (Post 5380152)
so being mil.spec do you offer mil.discounts?? =P. i use mil.spec stuff all the time.

Well, then you know MIL.SPEC stuff is the best {thumbup}

Right now, we are offering and EvoM discount which we are happy to say you totally qualify for.

Offering a military discount for MIL.SPEC products is a pretty good idea, though :D

Blue Evo 8,

I think the best thing for you to do would be to find a donor test pipe that fits the AMS exhaust, purchase one of our universal cats and then cut the testpipe to fit the cat. That's actually how I made the one that's on my car.

Blue Evo 8 Mar 8, 2008 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5380783)
Blue Evo 8,

I think the best thing for you to do would be to find a donor test pipe that fits the AMS exhaust, purchase one of our universal cats and then cut the testpipe to fit the cat. That's actually how I made the one that's on my car.

cool, I think I will do that then.....can you put me on the list for a 100 cell cat (core)
I'll buy a donor test pipe and have a local shop cut and fit it....

PM me your paypal info...is it $149 shipped?

EVO8LTW Mar 8, 2008 05:55 AM

What sort of longevity testing has been done on the 100 cell cats? I've heard that low cell cats are more prone to failure? Any sort of warranty included?

cpoevo Mar 8, 2008 10:00 AM

Congrats Aby and Erik. I have seen these TB personally and they are top notch. Aby is definitely a genius and one hell of a nice guy.

PS Thanks for returning the exhaust manifolds Aby.

BlackTrack Mar 8, 2008 10:41 AM

Any chance you'd have a 100cell cat for an Evo X?

Blue Evo 8 Mar 8, 2008 11:32 AM

So this 100 cell cat is about 7" long??

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 8, 2008 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by BlackTrack (Post 5381946)
Any chance you'd have a 100cell cat for an Evo X?

We are getting an Evo X cat section next week, and will be making a jig. The Evo X cats should be available in the next 45-60 days but the price will be higher because it's more labor intensive...mandrel bending, more pipe, etc. Have no idea what the price will be, but the AMS testpipe price should give people an idea on ballpark price.

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8 (Post 5382066)
So this 100 cell cat is about 7" long??

Cat is 5.125" long. Actual catalyst length is like 3".

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW (Post 5381194)
What sort of longevity testing has been done on the 100 cell cats? I've heard that low cell cats are more prone to failure? Any sort of warranty included?

These cats have been tested extensively by others. Our manufacturer supplies many other companies with their cores and housings. PM me if you'd like more info.

I would assume (an this is merely my opinion) that 100 cell cats would be less failure prone that 300 cell units since the 100 cell offers less backpressure.

We offer a 1 year limited warranty on the units. If the cat fails, you're covered with our limited warranty. If you hit a log in the road, you're not. With the Do not expect to be able to dump raw fuel into your exhaust and expect any cat to survive. We would suggest anyone doing this not to purchase our cat our anyone else's.

I have been running this cat on my personal vehicle for almost a year with no problems.

Blue Evo 8 Mar 8, 2008 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5382150)
We are getting an Evo X cat section next week, and will be making a jig. The Evo X cats should be available in the next 45-60 days but the price will be higher because it's more labor intensive...mandrel bending, more pipe, etc. Have no idea what the price will be, but the AMS testpipe price should give people an idea on ballpark price.

Cat is 5.125" long. Actual catalyst length is like 3".

These cats have been tested extensively by others. Our manufacturer supplies many other companies with their cores and housings. PM me if you'd like more info.

I would assume (an this is merely my opinion) that 100 cell cats would be less failure prone that 300 cell units since the 100 cell offers less backpressure.

We offer a 1 year limited warranty on the units. If the cat fails, you're covered with our limited warranty. If you hit a log in the road, you're not. With the Do not expect to be able to dump raw fuel into your exhaust and expect any cat to survive. We would suggest anyone doing this not to purchase our cat our anyone else's.

I have been running this cat on my personal vehicle for almost a year with no problems.

Whats the overall diameter of the cat?

I'm thinking of installing this cat on my AMS resonated testpipe.....

so that at least it'll flow almost like a test pipe, be quiet, and not make that
catless smell

steadly2004 Mar 8, 2008 12:19 PM

Whats the outside dimentions of the 3" universal cat?

*edit* nm I just noticed the pics on page 2, thats enough to guestimate

Wicked E Mar 8, 2008 12:59 PM

My price for intake package? :D

rush63 Mar 8, 2008 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5374926)
Should have pics of the TB soon. The race cats are being fabbed up as bolt-on pieces as we speak. There will be a bung option for the Evo 9 :) We are taking pre-orders at the moment. Believe me, they will be purdy :D

Dropped you a PM.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 8, 2008 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8 (Post 5382160)
Whats the overall diameter of the cat?

I'm thinking of installing this cat on my AMS resonated testpipe.....

I do not think this would work on a resonated test pipe. You would need a straight, non-resonated pipe.

Originally Posted by steadly2004 (Post 5382196)
Whats the outside dimentions of the 3" universal cat?

I think it's 4", but I have the engineering schematic on my other computer. I can verify for you on Monday.

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5382318)
My price for intake package? :D

Intake package? Do you mean throttle body? If so, please PM Aby. If I am not understanding you correctly, pm me :)

Originally Posted by rush63 (Post 5382324)
Dropped you a PM.

PM replied to {thumbup}

Wicked E Mar 8, 2008 07:04 PM

Gonna do intake manifolds?? If so, whats ur package price for IM/TB?

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC (Post 5376898)

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5383438)

Intake package? Do you mean throttle body? If so, please PM Aby. If I am not understanding you correctly, pm me :)

This... {thumbup} :beer:

Blue Evo 8 Mar 8, 2008 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5383438)
I do not think this would work on a resonated
test pipe. You would need a straight, non-resonated pipe.

I beg to differ for now ....but I will check and see for other peoples opinions

below is a pic of my AMS Resonated testipe. I want to weld in the 100 cell cat onto the longer side of the piping on the test pipe....in the section right before it empties into the catback...

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...23abc/AMS2.jpg

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 8, 2008 07:28 PM

Actually, it looks like it would totally work. I have never seen a resonated test pipe like that before :D

I stand corrected. Please accept my humble apologies and buy one of my cats ;)

Blue Evo 8 Mar 8, 2008 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5383580)
Actually, it looks like it would totally work. I have never seen a resonated test pipe like that before :D

I stand corrected. Please accept my humble apologies and buy one of my cats ;)

:lol: no problem man.... I was looking at my resonated TP today and saw that theres plenty of room back there to weld in a 4"-5" long 100 cell cat.....
I'll just have to go to a reputable shop that can weld it in properly and neatly.....

clearance should not be an issue either as the "resonator" is actually the widest point of the entire "Test-Pipe" unit...

so this way, I win 3 ways by gaining:

1) a quieter exhaust note
2) by being "green" not having to deal with the "no cat" smell
3) will flow almost like a test-pipe.

so with that being said and done I'd like to see what the flow and power differences are in full test-pipe vs. 100 cell cat

if the difference is 1-2 horsepower, I'd be willing to do this...

Before I plunk down my hard earned money, let me check with my muffler guy if he'd be willing to do this for me.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 8, 2008 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5383514)
This... {thumbup} :beer:

PM Aby. He will help you out. :)

Wicked E Mar 8, 2008 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5383632)
PM Aby. He will help you out. :)

Done... {thumbup}

evo8dad Mar 10, 2008 08:27 AM

Just wanted to give my opinion on these cats. I've run nearly all the HFCs out there on either my car or customer cars. Ever since MIL.SPEC and I have been working together I have been using these cats with outstanding results. They are truly the highest flowing cat on the market along with one of the lighest, which is an important factory for us racers.

Great products, great guys!!!! What else can you ask for?

rush63 Mar 10, 2008 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by evo8dad (Post 5388551)
Great products, great guys!!!! What else can you ask for?

I wanna ask for a free shipping :lol:

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 10, 2008 10:53 AM

The bare cat weighs less than 2 pounds. We're already giving you guys Priority Mail included in the bare cat price :D

FullOutPwr Mar 10, 2008 04:49 PM

E-mail sent to Aby on hotside porting. {thumbup}

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 10, 2008 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by FullOutPwr (Post 5390954)
E-mail sent to Aby on hotside porting. {thumbup}

If Aby can make Indy cars faster, I am positive he can make yours faster as well {thumbup}

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 11, 2008 08:30 PM

Check out these picks of our TB's for sale:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=331371

We also offer an intake manifold w/ porting exchange program. Installs can also be done locally if you're in SoCal. PM Aby for all the delicious details.

James Reese Mar 12, 2008 02:48 PM

I would like to put in my 2 cents. I am no more than a third pary and am here to state facts.

Last night I tuned a FPGreen on Cosworth cams. It did end up picking up over 25 whp after the install of the TB. I will be posting the Dyno plots when time permits.

James Reese

RazorLab Mar 12, 2008 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8 (Post 5383567)

below is a pic of my AMS Resonated testipe.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...23abc/AMS2.jpg

I would say at that point that would be considered a small Muffler and not a resonator. haha

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 15, 2008 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5379978)
Here are some pics. We will have sexier ones soon. These cats were formerly known as ATLVALET Race Cats ;)

100 CELL CAT CORE ON LEFT, 300 CELL CAT CORE ON RIGHT
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/300vs100.jpg

You can see 300 cell offers A LOT more restriction and surface area. 300 Cell = Cobb, PERRIN, Random Tech 100 Cell = MIL.SPEC :D

ACTUAL UNIT WE SELL:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/RaceCat2.jpg

MY SHORT CAREER AS A HAND MODEL:
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t/RaceCat3.jpg

Only 3 race cats remain in stock until next shipment!!!

vboy425 Mar 16, 2008 02:39 AM

congrats Erik.

JDMevoBOOST Mar 17, 2008 01:04 PM

I am loving my 100 Cell. The full production unit at 259 is a freaking steal. No test pipe smell, but still has close to the same amount of power. Absolutely great mod.

MR Turco Mar 17, 2008 02:46 PM

I definitely want a universal cat. If you run out when will you get them back in stock?

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 17, 2008 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco (Post 5420978)
I definitely want a universal cat. If you run out when will you get them back in stock?

Will get another order in here soon. Just blew through 5 in 3 days. We're placing a larger order this time. {thumbup}

Should have some by the next week or two. Most of our recent stock went towards the bolt-on units.

Bump for awesome cats :)

-Erik

MR Turco Mar 18, 2008 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5421036)
Will get another order in here soon. Just blew through 5 in 3 days. We're placing a larger order this time. {thumbup}

Should have some by the next week or two. Most of our recent stock went towards the bolt-on units.

Bump for awesome cats :)

-Erik

I am just waiting for my tax return good man. I cant wait to get one!

TURBODAWG Mar 18, 2008 09:26 AM

Please PM me when the Evo X High flow direct fit cat is available. I might have to be the first customer for that.

Brian

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 18, 2008 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG (Post 5424464)
Please PM me when the Evo X High flow direct fit cat is available. I might have to be the first customer for that.

Brian

Our fabricator will have the Evo X cat section in their hands this week. Then we'll fab something up and see what happens from there ;)

evovin Mar 18, 2008 06:52 PM

65mm TB $249...is this with or without core exchange?

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 18, 2008 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by evovin (Post 5427621)
65mm TB $249...is this with or without core exchange?

Without a core exchange you'd add $300. However, if you send us a good core it's $249. If you purchase a throttle body and then send back the core, we'll credit you back the $300 if the core is good.

Let me know if that answers your questions. :)

IMR-TIM Mar 19, 2008 01:01 PM

Aby-

I emailed you {thumbup}

Aby@MIL.SPEC Mar 20, 2008 09:19 PM

^dont think i got it, please pm me any questions you may have.

thanks

Felginator Mar 25, 2008 10:43 AM

Erik, I sent you a PM. I need one of the cats ASAP. {thumbup}

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 25, 2008 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Felginator (Post 5454388)
Erik, I sent you a PM. I need one of the cats ASAP. {thumbup}

PM returned :)

wshihdnevo Mar 25, 2008 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC (Post 5438199)
^dont think i got it, please pm me any questions you may have.

thanks

I did to. {thumbup}

fostytou Mar 26, 2008 09:19 AM

Man I really wish you had the bolt on unit here a couple of months ago. Best of luck!

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 26, 2008 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by fostytou (Post 5458693)
Man I really wish you had the bolt on unit here a couple of months ago. Best of luck!

Bolt-on units will be ready in 2 weeks or less. I have the test fit piece in my car and it looks good.

I guess I can put an announcement in my signature :lol:

dbsears Mar 26, 2008 06:03 PM

Any pics of the bolt on units yet?

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 26, 2008 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by dbsears87 (Post 5461197)
Any pics of the bolt on units yet?

I have the test-fit piece in my hot little hands, however I'm loathe to post pics since it isn't in its full stage of "PIMPNESS."

I will try and post pics tomorrow for those interested, however there are some things that will change between this piece and the final units. For example, The inlet/outlet of the cats is 3.125" while the piping is 3". My fabricator is getting some custom tooling done up so we can expand the ends of the piping so it butts up perfectly with the cat.

The TIG welds can't be laid down as cleanly as we'd like without this tooling addition.

dbsears Mar 27, 2008 07:01 PM

That works for me. I can wait for somebody that takes pride in being a perfectionist. Because I now I am about as picky as they come :lol:

Erik@MIL.SPEC Mar 27, 2008 10:34 PM

Got busy at work today. Hopefully I'll have time to take pics tomorrow.

Wicked E Apr 2, 2008 10:40 PM

Received my ported intake manifold. Thing looks like stock. Hidden power = me likey!!

Thanks again guys! I'm saving up pennies for the tb portion of my order. A+ in my book.

Cheers-
E

TRUE-GRIT Apr 3, 2008 03:01 PM

Erik, I maybe interested in the 100 Cell "bolt-on.cat". Could you please post a Picture on the Catback; what it really looks like? Also is there a Bung for a O2 sensor (Evo IX)? Is it a direct replacement for the OEM Catback? Will it pass smog inspection? Thanks.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Apr 3, 2008 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by TRUE-GRIT (Post 5495652)
Erik, I maybe interested in the 100 Cell "bolt-on.cat". Could you please post a Picture on the Catback; what it really looks like? Also is there a Bung for a O2 sensor (Evo IX)? Is it a direct replacement for the OEM Catback? Will it pass smog inspection? Thanks.

I will post a pic soon. There will be an 02 bung for all Evo 9's. It is a replacement for the OEM cat, not the cat-back section.

Passing smog is dependent on so many factors in addition to the cat. I have recommended to every person, just keep your OEM unit in case you need it for smog purposes. I still have mine.

-Erik

For everyone else interested, we had to get some additional tooling made so the release was pushed back a bit. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks :)

vboy425 Apr 3, 2008 04:20 PM

i saw this in person. Great quality. People who know my shop, know that i don't whore out anything that have ****ty job. Definitely one quality piece.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Apr 3, 2008 04:23 PM

Thanks Charlie. TIG welds, done right, look über pimp :D

TRUE-GRIT Apr 3, 2008 06:02 PM

Erik, what does it look like? Will it pass for a OEM Cat? Will it be built to last? How much, if any; extra hp for stock Evo IX? Will it make the exhaust system sound a little louder?

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5495811)
I will post a pic soon. There will be an 02 bung for all Evo 9's. It is a replacement for the OEM cat, not the cat-back section.

Passing smog is dependent on so many factors in addition to the cat. I have recommended to every person, just keep your OEM unit in case you need it for smog purposes. I still have mine.

-Erik

For everyone else interested, we had to get some additional tooling made so the release was pushed back a bit. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks :)

Erik@MIL.SPEC Apr 3, 2008 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by TRUE-GRIT (Post 5496460)
Erik, what does it look like? Will it pass for a OEM Cat? Will it be built to last? How much, if any; extra hp for stock Evo IX? Will it make the exhaust system sound a little louder?

It looks like this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...8&postcount=29

It looks like a bullet cat, not an OEM unit.

I offer a 1 year warranty on the units.

It has made 14 more whp than a 3" HFC ceramic cat. About 5whp less than a test pipe (due to the TP being able to run more boost with less knock).

It is quieter than a testpipe, but louder than a normal cat.

RazorLab Apr 3, 2008 06:52 PM

I've tuned about 5 evos with this cat on so far and I can honestly say it's the first cat that has made me think about swapping out my Test Pipe for. ;)

TRUE-GRIT Apr 3, 2008 07:39 PM

Erik, I must not be understanding this.

What is: "EVO 8/9 BOLT-ON RACE CATS SPECIAL: $259"?

If it is a "Bullet cat": (1) Where would a bung be install (For Evo IX)?
(2) Would it be welded onto the pipes?

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5496627)
It looks like this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...8&postcount=29

It looks like a bullet cat, not an OEM unit.

I offer a 1 year warranty on the units.

It has made 14 more whp than a 3" HFC ceramic cat. About 5whp less than a test pipe (due to the TP being able to run more boost with less knock).

It is quieter than a testpipe, but louder than a normal cat.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Apr 4, 2008 12:37 AM

The cat is approximately 5" long. It requires approximately 6" of piping on each side of the cat. That's where the bung goes. Imagine a testpipe with a 5" cat in the middle. THat's all :)

evossl Apr 10, 2008 11:03 AM

Erik my pm did not go through but I have a question that may be inquired by other members. Does a cel fix need to be in place since this is a high flow cat?
If I am buying just the cat, what will you recommend as far as the 3" pipe extention be welded: inside or outside? Just want to make sure that there will be no leaks in the future.
tx

Erik@MIL.SPEC Apr 10, 2008 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by evossl (Post 5525550)
Erik my pm did not go through but I have a question that may be inquired by other members. Does a cel fix need to be in place since this is a high flow cat?
If I am buying just the cat, what will you recommend as far as the 3" pipe extention be welded: inside or outside? Just want to make sure that there will be no leaks in the future.
tx

I thought I responded to your pm, but here it goes:

I think the universal cat will butt up to the 3" piping, it's just that it won't be perfect because the inlet/outlet on the cat is 3.125". The test-fit unit was like this. The TIG welds weren't perfect because it didn't butt up precisely. We spent $350 to purchase some tooling the pushes out the ends of the 3" tubing so that the cat lines up perfectly with the tubing ends.

I just got an invoice today from my fabricator, so the Evo 8/9 bolt-on pieces should be ready shortly :)

I have 3 universal cats available at the moment if you'd rather have one of those as opposed to the bolt-on.

Since this cat flows so well, it MAY throw an CEL every once in awhile. You can either address this in ECUflash or with a mechanical CEL fix.

EGbeater Apr 12, 2008 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5525648)

I just got an invoice today from my fabricator, so the Evo 8/9 bolt-on pieces should be ready shortly :)

I'm subscribed to this thread now, but if you can PM me as soon as the bolt-on cat for my Evo9 is available, that would be great!

I want to see a pic of the actual bolt-in cat before I buy it though.

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC (Post 5525648)
Since this cat flows so well, it MAY throw an CEL every once in awhile. You can either address this in ECUflash or with a mechanical CEL fix.

"MAY" as in the Evos you've tested this 3" 100-cell cat on definitely have thrown CELs?

Or, is that just a general disclaimer, so if a customer with one of your cats experiences a Check Engine light sometime in the future, you're covered?

Erik@MIL.SPEC Apr 12, 2008 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by EGbeater (Post 5534478)
I'm subscribed to this thread now, but if you can PM me as soon as the bolt-on cat for my Evo9 is available, that would be great!

I want to see a pic of the actual bolt-in cat before I buy it though.

"MAY" as in the Evos you've tested this 3" 100-cell cat on definitely have thrown CELs?

Or, is that just a general disclaimer, so if a customer with one of your cats experiences a Check Engine light sometime in the future, you're covered?

Pics will be up as soon as I get them in my hands.

"May" as in "Has on my car intermittently" and "Not sure what others have experienced." :D

Personally, I have a CReader plugged into my OBD2 port constantly (unless I'm logging the car). Therefore I have no CEL.

If a CEL does pop up, you can either address it through ECUflash or a mechanical CEL fix. :beer: {thumbup}

thisxguy Apr 13, 2008 07:03 PM

will these cats pass SMOG? =)

nothere Apr 13, 2008 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by thisxguy (Post 5538358)

a test pipe and an antifouler will pass smog/obd2

rush63 Apr 13, 2008 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by thisxguy (Post 5538358)

Would like to know, too.

Erik@MIL.SPEC Apr 13, 2008 08:25 PM

Possibly, but I am not sure. Haven't tried to get them smogged.

To be honest, I have kept my OEM unit just in case. At some point I'll try and get a sniffer test done at a facility that won't send in my VIN to the DMV.

Testpipe won't pass a sniffer test unless you really mess with your EMS/ECU.

ROGERV Apr 15, 2008 08:03 AM

Any update on when the bolt on units will ship??
I am getting tired of smelling my Test pipe : (