Notices

MIL.SPEC 65mm Throttle Body HOTNESS!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking MIL.SPEC 65mm Throttle Body HOTNESS!!!

LOOK AT THIS PIECE OF MECHANICAL ****:

EVERY MIL.SPEC 65mm TB COMES WITH A BRAND NEW OEM GASKET:

MIL.SPEC 65mm Throttle Bodies: No one gives more attention to detail with throttle bodies than MIL.SPEC. All our throttle bodies are rebuilt with MIL.SPEC high pressure throttle body seals. The throttle body shafts are machined, so you'll get additional flow compared to other 65mm units. We have also machined the TB to get rid of that potentially annoying whistle. Also, before they are sent out, every TPS sensor is set to Mistubishi Factory Specs so it's truly a bolt-on unit (some people experience problems without properly calibrated TPS sensors). Finally, every MIL.SPEC 65mm TB is sent out with a new OEM gasket. CORE EXCHANGE REQUIRED.

PM Aby@MIL.SPEC for questions and sales inquiries.

WHAT MAKES OUR 65mm THROTTLE BODIES DIFFERENT:
• Machined TB shafts for optimized flow
• Machined to eliminate the dreaded 65mm "whistle"
• Rebuilt with MIL.SPEC high pressure shaft seals
• TPS sensor calibrated to Factory Specs
• New BISS Screw
• Includes BRAND NEW OEM gasket machined to 65mm

DYNO COMPARE:

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A TOTALLY ACCURATE COMPARISON, AS THE INTAKE MANIFOLD WAS PORTED. GOING FROM A STOCK TB & IM WILL RESULT IN MORE PRONOUNCED GAINS

65mm TB MSRP: $295

PRICING INFORMATION:
All work above requires a core exchange.

To get a 65mm TB before MIL.SPEC receiving your components, This requires a deposit which will be refunded in it’s entirety after receiving your parts that are deemed in fine working order & don’t posses damage or excessive corrosion. See example pictures/descriptions.

65mm TB core deposit is $300- Here are some cost examples:

65mm TB w/core provided = $295 + $11 (USPS Priority) * 1.03 (paypal) = $315.18

65mm TB before receiving core = $295 + $11 (USPS Priority) + $300 (deposit) * 1.03 (paypal) = $624.18

I highly recommend you have me install / set-up a TPS on the 65mm to Mitsu specs for ease of installation. The shipment will take place after the funds have cleared.

When your deposit is refunded, you also get back the 3% for that too.

MIL.SPEC GUIDELINES FOR PURCHASING A TB

As of late, we’ve been receiving some throttle bodies in extremely poor condition. That puts us as a company in an awkward position, as we’re left with a throttle body sent in as a core that’s barely re-sellable. So, we have instituted these guidelines for people to judge the quality of their own throttle bodies before they send them in. This way, no one is surprised…either MIL.SPEC or one of our customers.

GHETTO STYLE

Severely oxidized thottle body or a TB that has a WACKED GOLD BALLER paint job like this one (yes, someone actually sent us this throttle body). If you send us this throttle body as a core replacement, you WILL NOT receive a refund. Repeat…GHETTO throttle body, no core refund. Period. If you send us a throttle body like this to port, expect to receive back THE SAME throttle body with a turnaround time of approximately 2 weeks.

DAMAGED TB's

If you send us a damaged throttle body and fail to mention its condition, you WILL NOT receive your core deposit. If you send us a damaged TB to port, expect to receive back THE SAME throttle body with a turnaround time of approximately 2 weeks. Dents/grooves/etc. will not come out even after being machined. We will not re-sell damaged parts.

PLEASE NOTE: When you send in throttle bodies, YOU MUST let us know what condition your TB is in. It’s either going to be Good, Ghetto or Damaged.

MIL.SPEC DISCLAIMER
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO KEEP YOUR CORE DEPOSIT IF YOU SEND US A DAMAGED TB, A TB IN POOR CONDITION OR A TB WITH DAMAGED HARDWARE THAT IS NOT REPAIRABLE OR USABLE. IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN ABOUT THE QUALITY OF PARTS YOU’RE SENDING, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO ASK. WE WANT THIS TO WORK OUT WELL FOR EVERYONE!

In order to get he most out of anyones 65mm tb, you must enlarge the intake manifolds inlet i.d. to ~64-65mm.

Here is a quick "How-To" & you can buy the necessary parts from these locations.

The cost is minor & you can do this your self!

Buy this from home depot or lowes

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/tools/ki...69673&KI=80479

Make certain you get the dremel with the flexible 3 or 4 foot cable. Thats a must have.

you will use also end up using a coarse drum paper roll arbor that comes with the dremel kit. But buy a pack of 6 rolls as extras to have.

Buy the cutter & sanding flapper wheels from mcmaster.com or call them over the phone. stuff gets sent out quick & they are very helpful on the phone.
http://www.mcmaster.com/

These are the part numbers

42955a22 get 1
4734a762 get 2 ( 1 @ 80 grit & 1 @ 180 grit )

As far as enlarging the inlet opening, you’ll also need to get a roll of paper towels, a roll of duct tape, a large trash bag & 2 cans of brake clean.

Also try to locate a cap from the brake clean or off a can of spray paint that fits nicely through the center hole of the new tb gasket. You will use this cap as a guide / reference to how concentric you keep the inlet opening + it also acts as a “GO / NO-GO” gauge.

Please follow:

1. Clean the inlet opening & ~1" into the plenum with brake clean

2. Get a sharpie or paint pen, install the new gasket onto the plenum without the tb, trace the new inlet opening i.d., allow the gasket to move around the 4 screws. This will be the largest opening; please do not try to open the ENTIRE inlet opening to this size, as you may break through.

3. Get 3 or 4 paper towels & roll them into a ball & stuff inside inside the inlet opening ~2” deep & tape close. Pull off about 1 foot of duct tape, tear that in half the long way. Then tear the ~1” wide strips into ~1 – 2 “ lengths. Get an other foor of duct tape & repeat. I usally stick these to the lip of the hood, as its close & easy to get to. Apply the tape. Leave about ~1-1.5" of room inside between the paper & the plenum, as this is where you will blend too.

4. I suggest getting an un-used “tall” or larger trash bag, cut a hole in 1 corner & tear the bag length-wise along the opposite side. Place this bag over the inlet opening, thus covering the tranny area, as your shavings will collect here, as to not make a mess.

5. Get your favorite largest diameter aluminum cutter & open up the inlet to ~64-65mm. This shall be the smallest diameter. Feel for if you can go to the 65mm, but on my intake & several others, it felt as in some places, the casting was thin.

6. Bell mouth the opening from the 64-65mm part out to the inlet line you drew in step 2.

7. Vacuum as you go

8. Remove all shavings via vacuum

9. Remove paper & tape

10. Install the t.b. opposite to how you removed the OEM unit.

FYI: I use a 65mm boring head & Locating fixture to enlarge all MIL.SPEC Inlet manifold entrances

Last edited by Erik@MIL.SPEC; Oct 31, 2015 at 01:17 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump :d

Last edited by Erik@MIL.SPEC; Jul 19, 2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Erik, nice meeting you at MFQ the other day!

I would love to try one of these soon with a before and after dyno!
Let me know when the bolt on 100 cell pipes are ready. I think its time to get rid of the stink!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 07:15 PM
Former Sponsor

NO problem Gordo. Fabricator just received the cats today. Hopefully I should have the cat in for test fitting next week with the bolt on pieces ready in the next week or two after
Old Mar 13, 2008, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have pics of your IM Porting work?
Do I ship my TB with all sensors on it?

I have both off my car and was trying to select a vendor to send to. Seems as though there are 3 or 4 to choose from. Just wondering...Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

This part ROX my SOX!!!!
Old Mar 13, 2008, 08:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EvoIXMR
Do you have pics of your IM Porting work?
Do I ship my TB with all sensors on it?

I have both off my car and was trying to select a vendor to send to. Seems as though there are 3 or 4 to choose from. Just wondering...Thanks!
Not all the throttle bodies available have a machined TB shaft. Not all the throttle bodies available have eliminated the whistling. Not all 65mm throttle bodies are rebuilt using Works seals. Only ONE company provides ALL of the above in their unit...that's us Plus, we calibrate the TPS sensor before your unit is sent out.

Also, only one company has someone who built and tuned engines in CART and IRL do their throttle bodies

Yes, there are other options out there, however, we think there's a pretty good case for ours.

Plus, one of our TB's made picked up over 25whp at Reese Tuning in Santee last weekend. Owner is very happy with the results and increased throttle response. There should hopefully be a review with dyno charts up soon.

PM Aby for manifold porting work, manifold porting pics, and any tech questions you may have regarding sensors and such. PM me with any other questions
Old Mar 14, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Whats your turnaround time? I PM'd Aby with technical questions...If you are offering ported IM's, it would be nice for you to showcase your work
Old Mar 14, 2008, 09:22 AM
Former Sponsor

If you are offering ported IM's, it would be nice for you to showcase your work
Turnaround time should be 3-5 days. Working on getting pictures of IM port work.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Sent PM to Aby - he replied. Waiting on 2nd reply before I send the goods out - I can post pics of mine when I get it back to help y'all out
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Sent PM to Aby - he replied. Waiting on 2nd reply before I send the goods out - I can post pics of mine when I get it back to help y'all out
That would be great. Aby has been doing the throttle bodies for awhile, but to many outside of SoCal he's "new." We're here to change that perspective

And of course, we always encourage people to give their honest reviews of our products. We've made many people very happy. I have no doubt that you'll be a happy customer too
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

nice!! mmmm... ****....
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Let me know when you're ready for some **** on your car Nils
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

My stuff will go out this weekend to Aby. I will keep everyone updated regarding my experience here!
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump for hotness

Quick Reply: MIL.SPEC 65mm Throttle Body HOTNESS!!!