Notices

MIL.SPEC 65mm Throttle Body HOTNESS!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
TB just made a 25whp gain on a DynoJet from baseline on a car in San Diego!!!

A review by the tuner and/or owner should be coming soon.

Order a nice power part today The above was an independent test too. Not our car, and we didn't tune it
25 whp of just the throttle body porting?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 10:24 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by red evo8
YUP

Now, I think this was because their "system" was plugged up. They had a green w/cosi MIVEC cams and I think the TB was a major restriction, hence the large gains. IIRC, they went from 340whp to 364 with just the IM porting and 65mm throttle body.

Still waiting for a review from tuner or owner

-Erik
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Erik or Aby, do you have any on the shelf or do you need my core to start porting? If so I can get it to you thats not a problem just need to know. Lucas and I were talking about these the other day, looking forward to getting in on my car with my secret weapon
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Erik or Aby, do you have any on the shelf or do you need my core to start porting? If so I can get it to you thats not a problem just need to know. Lucas and I were talking about these the other day, looking forward to getting in on my car with my secret weapon
John,

Check with Aby but I'm pretty sure you'll need to send in your core or pay for the core fee upfront, and have it refunded back after we make sure the core is acceptable.

Do me a favor and pm Aby. Let me know if you have any other questions via pm

THanks.

-Erik
Old Mar 16, 2008, 02:15 PM

I was the tuner. I will be posting the plots when time permits.

James
Old Mar 16, 2008, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

What gains are to be expected from this on a IX with stock turbo and cams?
Old Mar 16, 2008, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

I got my tracking number from Aby yesterday, so I'll be seeing mine soon. Mine will be going on a stock turbo IX with cams & full bolt ons, but unfortunately I'm doing all my mods at once & then tuning it so I wont be able to give a before & after comparison. I will say theat Aby has been very easy to deal with & more than helpful. I'm sure these guys will go far in the Evo world.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Providing a status update as I start this process: Got my stuff boxed up for Aby tonight. It will leave tomorrow via fedex ground. Oh, I am sending him my stock TB and IM to get the full package. I will post before pics now I took for insurance and comparison purposes!
Old Mar 16, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for a sweet mod that I run myself.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 11:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
pm'd
Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sschmuve1
What gains are to be expected from this on a IX with stock turbo and cams?
I think it's safe to assume that 10-15whp on a DynoJet is not out of the ordinary. The thing dyno plots won't tell you is the increase in throttle response with this set-up...plus, there's no annoying 65mm TB whistle with our units.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by red evo8
Here is the 3rd party dyno shops results.

OEM TB with tune & 65mm with tune. same car, same day, same tuner

Originally Posted by alan678
Glad you had a good experience there.... James and I are here to provide San Diego with all their Evo needs

Here is the Dyno plot:

Here is the customers review

Originally Posted by tatsuIX
San Diego Evo owners have a wizard in our own backyard. James Reese has hooked me up. I can’t be more pleased and satisfied with the out come. James and I have been talking about future mods that I might be interested in doing, in my quest for useable power. So after doing a little bit of home work on this one particular mod, MIL.SPEC 65mm TB. I decided to go with it, I was more interested with the transient response more than anything.

James took me in on a Tuesday night (no appointment) with a one hour notice! James laid out a plan, he was going to get a base line to see where we were as far as base line power (keep in mind I have already been tuned, tuners name will not be disclosed as promised). I was expecting about 360whp, because the tuner that tuned my car had tuned it on a Mustang (dyno) and it produced 340whp and about 327wtq, on 91 pump (I have the print out to prove it). James was less optimistic and he expected about 350whp. Well after the first pull, the look on James’s face spoke volumes, he was disappointed and you can only imagine what the hell was going on in my head. When he showed me the base line numbers, 330whp/297wtq with all those mods no way! Well he ditched the plan and retuned using his Reese Tune and installed the MIL.SPEC 65mm TB and tuned, tuned and tuned some more. After it was all said and done (7 hours later) This man is determined, relentless! He was able to squeeze out 364.10whp and 353.07wtq on 91 pump. James is a wizard. With the MIL.SPEC tb he pulled out 25whp (like he said he would, that’s some scary $hit) with the Reese Tune he managed to get a total of 34whp and 60wtq from the original tune!!!

Transient response is there like Aby said it would be. Now on the road it pulls much faster (not a build up like before), the front end literally will lift!

Without getting out of control James (The Wizard) has a couple of tricks up his sleeve still to try. I can’t say enough about my positive experience with Reese Tuning, The Man is all about customer service as well ensuring you’re happy with the end results and he won’t BS you into something that you really don’t need (in fact he has talked me out of something’s). I know I won’t go anywhere else for my 4g63 performance needs.

If your serious about your Evo needs, then you really need to visit James Reese at Reese Tuning, you won’t be disappointed.
Another customer experienced even greater gains after installing a MIL.SPEC 65mm tb + ets 3" fmic & licp kit.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Reviews are making me confident of my decision thus far.

Aby - you should see my stuff by end of week, hopefully. I should be paypaling you shortly! Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Aby-

I just want to clarify... The above customer experiences were ONLY on the 65mm Throttlebody?? Stock intake manifold?

Cheers-
Erich
Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can u post both AFR and boost graph overlay. thanks.

Last edited by vboy425; Mar 18, 2008 at 10:06 PM.

Quick Reply: MIL.SPEC 65mm Throttle Body HOTNESS!!!