Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

New Girodisc 2-PC Rotors Installed!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2005, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you take a break between the series of 70 to 10 mph braking session? or you went at it one after another?
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:19 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Good point. I did take very small breaks between each stop... mainly to check around and build up speed again. Just think of the break in as a simulated lap on a racetrack to build up heat into the pads. After they've gotten up to temps you'll want to drive around without getting on the brakes to let them cool down. It's best to do this in an area that has little to no traffic so you can take your time and not risk an accident.

Mark
Old Apr 28, 2005, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah - bedding in pads & rotors can be a real pain in the **** when you live in a real congested area

These rotors look awesome - hopefully have a set soon
Old May 9, 2005, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Any word on the replacement rotor cost, once the first set wears down?

l8r)
Old May 13, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
Any word on the replacement rotor cost, once the first set wears down?

l8r)
Yes, need some replacement costs if you want some sales.
Old May 18, 2005, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Justy out of curiosity, are those front rotors any larger? I thought maybe it was the configuration of the center hat, but looking closer I can't decide if its my eyes playing tricks on me, or they are slightly larger. Overall, I'd say for 1500 for the entire kit, I dont see a bad part about it!
Old May 20, 2005, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
hmm.... will wait for heat tests... wanna see if these fade with this pad combo... should be find if you're running street tires... but hoosiers are always gonna be harder on brakes.
Old May 28, 2005, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

I got an email back from Giro $173 for the front disk. 142 for the back disk.

Is that a good price?
Old May 28, 2005, 05:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello Everyone

Hello Everybody. I'm glad to see there has been so much interest generated here for our 2-piece rotor upgrades. I invite all of you to have a look at our website, www.girodisc.com, and check out who we are and what we do. We primarily target cars that have exceptional brakes to begin with, and create a much higher performance 2-piece replacement rotor to improve upon the system. The Evo has an excellent brake system, we take it one step further by reducing the unsprung and rotating mass, improve cooling with curved vanes, and allow both axial and radial float under extreme conditions with our floating drive bobbin assembly. All components are made in the USA.

We also do a number of custom kits for race programs and show cars as well.

To answer the question of replacement rotor prices:

Fronts are $173 each and rears are $142 each.

We are always willing to answer technical/general questions. If you e-mail us at sales@girodisc.com you're sure to get a faster answer, but we will check here regularly as well and participate in the discussions.

Thanks for all your interest, and thank you Mark for the great write-up on the install.

Martin Meade
Girodisc
Old Jun 14, 2005, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

looks interesting.. anyone have these installed? any reviews.. track experiences?
Old Jul 1, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

without calling anyone surely, someone has got to of used these by now. noise, wear, any comments at all?
Old Jul 2, 2005, 10:06 AM

i too am considering this setup, but id like a real world review before i make my purchase. well i also need to get rid of the clear coat peeling on my caliper first.

but anyone that has some information, feel free to share it.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 06:43 PM

Alright, I'll go. I got these rotors and pads (d2500) about three weeks ago. Didn't opt for the titanium heat shields, but did go with motul 600. After going through two sets of stock Brembos in 52k miles, I tried these. Like I said, it was only three weeks ago and not until today did I get a chance to push them properly. Suspension and wheels are stock, tires are Proxes 4. When cold, the pads are easily as good as the stock brembos. When warmed up, it's a different world. Bite is phenomenal, and pedal feel is greatly enhanced. After a two hundred mile romp through the back roads (San Diego to Palm Springs, where it's a cool 116 today...) I can safely say I am impressed with performance in all regards. Never experienced any brake fade (even after trying) and never lost the ability to modulate precisely. Another great thing is that ABS engagement doesn't happen until it should, after stabbing the brakes really hard (emergency situation). So, in closing, they work great, no noises, no fade, and on a side note, the Toyos worked pretty damned well too.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 08:56 AM

I also bought the front and rear setup from Girodisc. I use this setup for street driving and autocrossing. The performance of these rotors and the Ferodo DS2500 pads is a huge upgrade over stock. I have seen no indication of any fading so far. Once these pads warm up the stopping performance really increases and there are no issues with cold stops. The build quality of the rotors is top notch and installation of these could not have been easier. I think it took me around 2 hours to install both sides with no problems on the install.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:41 PM

Just got mine. Be installing them this week.

Quick Reply: New Girodisc 2-PC Rotors Installed!