Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

JDM style 3" exhaust and Buschur Racing...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
JDM style 3" exhaust and Buschur Racing...

As many of you know Tym Switzer use to work for me and then went out on his own. He has now taken a position at JunBL which is based in Cleveland, Ohio.

Tym called me last week and asked if I would take a look at the exhaust that they are producing for the Evolutions. I told him sure but not to hold his breath for me to do anything with it

Well he came out and dropped it off. I was very sceptical at first to even want to look at it. We have our own exhaust and we sell A LOT of them.

When I opened the box I was stunned. The system is polished from one end to the other (which is nice but it is under the car, as I have said in the past) the welds are beautiful. The system is all held together with V band clamps and the system is 100% 304 grade stainless steel.

This system has the JDM style exit, so it points to the passenger side of the car. Uses a straight cut 4" non rolled tip.

Bolts to the stock cat with a 2.5" reducer and v-band clamp. System also uses the factory style hangers so you just slide the old system out of the rubber hangers and then slide the new one in.

This is not a quiet exhaust, as Tym said, it was built for high end quality and high flow. The video clip below is the system on an EVO9 with the stock downpipe and stock cat. Cabin noise was exceptable for me but I don't mind a little rumble. You can judge the noise from the video. Some of it is idle, RPM being held at 3,000 rpm and then misc. RPM reving.

We do not build a JDM style exhaust here and because of this I was slightly interested in carrying another companies quality system. This gets my stamp of approval quality for sure. Very nice fit, very nice finish.

We have these instock. They are $699 for the catback.

Enjoy the sound clips and let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.buschurracing.com/video/JUNBL.wmv

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave,
Thanks for the kind words, and the stamp of approval! Was Tym in that car bouncing it off the rev limiter...hehe(just like him) Here are some more system pics.
Attached Thumbnails JDM style 3" exhaust and Buschur Racing...-catback1.jpg   JDM style 3" exhaust and Buschur Racing...-catback5.jpg   JDM style 3" exhaust and Buschur Racing...-catback6.jpg   JDM style 3" exhaust and Buschur Racing...-catback9.jpg   JDM style 3" exhaust and Buschur Racing...-catback8.jpg  

Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

is there a way to get it without the reducer for those that have a 3" cat?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

lil'evilevo,

Yes, I pointed the reducer out to Tym, which is something I didn't like. They are going to be changing this to a full 3" like our system has on it. I have a system here that if you are interested I can make it a full 3" before I ship it. The future systems will have 3" on them.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 11, 2006, 01:32 PM

Yes, per David's suggestion we've eliminated the reducer in the front adapter. This will allow the system to bolt up to virtually any 3" catalytic converter or offroad pipe as well as the stock catalytic converter without any problem.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tym Switzer
Yes, per David's suggestion we've eliminated the reducer in the front adapter. This will allow the system to bolt up to virtually any 3" catalytic converter or offroad pipe as well as the stock catalytic converter without any problem.
that's what I wanted to hear. this was one of the reasons why I didn't go for this unit at first.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Good to see the Buschur and Switzer crews working together!
Old Jan 11, 2006, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys nice work.
I have a evo7 just wondering would this system fit ok or would the back box be sticking out to far from the jdm bumper.
cheers.

Last edited by funnyclub; Jan 11, 2006 at 04:58 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

The tip is going to stick out past the rear fascia on the EVO7. I would venture to say that the angle and tip will not interfere with the fascia but will stick out slightly.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 12, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Yes Dave,
Thats right it will stick out a little and this is good so you do not get that black sutty exhaust build up. The JDM slanted tip design was made for the VII rear fascia. This not centerd tip is what I love about it! It shows off the quality of the polished muffler for all the cars behind you, it looks very time attack.
Cheers,
evoviiiyou

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
The tip is going to stick out past the rear fascia on the EVO7. I would venture to say that the angle and tip will not interfere with the fascia but will stick out slightly.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 12, 2006, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

So who do I buy this from Buschur or Switzer?

The popping sound at the end of the video is the Rev limiter I hope?

Dave how would you compare the sound of this exhaust vs your new bullet exhaust? I know they arent on the same car but which one is deeper, louder etc.?

Thanks

Last edited by SPANKED; Jan 12, 2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

You would buy from Buschur. www.buschurracing.com

Yes the popping sound was Tym getting excited with the rev limiter.

After listening to both exhausts, I can say they both sound fantastic! Remember in these recordings the White Evo(Buschur Ex.) has an offroad pipe, and the Black Evo(JUN B.L) has the stock cat on. But as it is the JUN B.L sounds a little deeper in tone(again this could be the stock cat), but listen for your self.

Buschur Ex. here:
http://www.buschurracing.com/video/EVOBRBulletMuffler.wmv

JUN B.L here:
http://www.buschurracing.com/video/JUNBL.wmv

Originally Posted by SPANKED
So who do I buy this from Buschur or Switzer?

The popping sound at the end of the video is the Rev limiter I hope?

Dave how would you compare the sound of this exhaust vs your new bullet exhaust? I know they arent on the same car but which one is deeper, louder etc.?

Thanks

Last edited by evoviiiyou; Jan 13, 2006 at 09:56 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:24 PM

What happened to the Buscher bullet file? says page not found?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah can you fix the link of the bullet file.

Also can you explain reducer/adapter, what if I want to connect this up to stock cat then decide to replace the cat with a high flow later on?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

I am not sure I can down load it from its original place. Well it is in General under Poll: Sound clips for BR exhausts....poll attached. ( Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page )
davidbuschur

Sorry just cannot figure it out....maybe someone else can list the Buschur link.

Quick Reply: JDM style 3" exhaust and Buschur Racing...