Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Review - Saikou Michi Dual Catch Can Installed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Review - Saikou Michi Dual Catch Can Installed

Well folks, as the title says today I installed my new dual-chambered catch can from http://www.saikoumichi.com/DC3_page.htm .

I had been wanting a catch can for quite a while to reduce the amount of oil and crap getting blown into my AMS intercooler and possibly reducing it's performance. Unfortunately I never really saw one that caught my eye. Fortunately, I came across this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=dual+catch before I made my purchase. After reading and understanding how the whole venting system works, I knew which unit I needed.

Installation went well with the provided instructions doing a decent job of showing which lines fron the head and intake hook into which ports on the catch can. I've seen several pictures of where people usually mount these, but I think I found a great spot on my car. I used the supplied small L bracket and an existing bolt hole in the frame of the car (where the stock boost control solenoid used to mount, I believe) to get it all mounted up. A good benefit of this location is that there is nothing below it except ground, so when I need to drain it - well, it won't make a sticky, oil mess all over part of my engine bay. Here are a few shots showing the unit and where I chose to mount it (note - air filter removed for viewing pleasure):

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and I think it will be on my car for a long time to come. Thanks for listening!

EVOlutionary
Old Oct 10, 2006, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice to know some people are actually getting these, I've been on the list for a while.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
d'oh, still waiting for mine as well
Old Oct 12, 2006, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Great idea for the mounting location! I've been trying to figure out where to mount it for a month.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 04:15 AM
Pocket Mo

No more orders are being taken for this nice catch can. I guess I'll just have to construct my own dual catch can set up until I can buy one later in the future.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 12:39 AM

Gees. Glad I got mine. Awesome bit of gear!!!