Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

AEM Tru-Boost review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
See the problem is, according to AEM's diagram the 5 pin connector comes with 5 wires and some where in the middle splits to 2 separate wires to hook up to the solenoid.

My tru boost does not have that split. All I have is the 5 pin wire and a totally separate 2 wire chord.

So my question is how in the world would I hook up the solenoid ? I already understand what I have to do to get power to the gauge. I just dont understand how to make the solenoid function.

Just looking at the diagram it seems like the solenoid wires are spliced into the red and black power wires of the guage. But how the hell is that going to make the solenoid operate? It would just cause a full time constant current to the solenoid. Thats what I tried to do and its not working.

Would any one please be able to help me out and take a look at your setup and trace those 2 solenoid wires to how they connect into the 5 pin chord wires?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i need help setting mine! its pushing 17 lbs peak and 15 hold. i would use the owners manual but i just bought the car and it came with it and but no manual!
Old Dec 29, 2009, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the first google hit returns the manual
Old Jan 7, 2010, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

for me. mine works great. nice combo space saver!!!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 09:51 PM

hey guys has anyone had any issue's with your tru boost gauge? mine seems to be shutting on and off..i had a local tuner shop install it several months back, worked great! now its acting up. i took it back to the shop and told me there were issue's with certain AEM products, but they ended up fixing it till days later its start shutting off again..
Old Apr 21, 2019, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
Alright installed the gauge. But I cant control boost.

I am running AGP wastegate with 17-18 psi spring.

Ok so no matter what I adjust it to I'm boosting 29+ psi. Wastegate pressure I set it to 17 and also tried lowering it down to 5 with no change. Also I've adjusted the duty cycle down to 10% and still no change.

And on top of it all, when I switch over to off, it still runs the same over boost.

Any one else have an issue like this? Would this mean the solenoid is bad?
Bringing this back!

I am having the same exact issue and hating this thing. With the darn thing off I am boosting 30 plus psi .What the hell is going on! I also have everything set at minimum and I still get 30 psi. Thank God my Afrs are in the 11s and the motor is built.
Have all braided lines and banjo fittings. No leaks what so ever. I don’t know which springs are n my tials but with the gauge off it still should not be spiking correct?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Did you check and see if your wastegate is welded shut? Start there.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

I just know that the spring pressure needs to be set at 11-12. When I first got the ebc I had it at 15 and it spooled really hard but it fell flat on its face up top. And if i went too low like 6 the spool was horrible. Overall the truboost controller is solid. I've had it for what seems like an eternity. I've never had a pro lem with it.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 01:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
This is a really old thread. There is currently no need to use the tru-boost or any other external boost controller. Plug a grimm speed into the facoty BCS plug and you bave WGDC vs RPM on most ROM's, and some even have boost by TPS modifiers as well.