Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Slowboy 30r turbo kit review

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2007, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mdsevo06
Nice response....makes my choices a little easier.

+1, one less vender to worry about
Old Jul 9, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SBR INC
LOL - o.k. - I think, kinda seems like a very incomplete thought.

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.

no, it was complete. Sarcastic but complete. If you want me to spell it out for you.

I was commenting in a sarcastic fashion on how your attitude is going to cost you lots of $$$ and your business will probably not do as well as it could have.

Remember, especially in this industry, word of mouth is everything.....

and people aren't saying very good things about you.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm, after reading this thread I really don't know what to think. I cannot comment on your shop or business personally, so I won't. It seems to me though that every post regarding Slowboyracing is a negative one. And in my eye's, you are making it worse with your responses.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

It's disappointing to see a vendor keep shooting himself in the foot. I'm not saying you have to kiss as s on here and take the blame for everything, but a little humility goes a long way in customer relations. I'm not telling you how to run your business, just offering some free advice. Like it or not, internet forums now make up a HUGE part of how people choose to spend their money.

I search every vendor's name on here before I buy anything. If I came across this thread in a search, your responses would make me spend my money elsewhere. It's not about the original poster's alleged issues, those issues could have been resolved with some humble responses on your part. Instead, you chose to be antagonistic, and that's not good.

You have to recognize how many competitors you have with the internet being available everywhere. Everyone can buy from anyone these days, you have to work a little harder to convince people to send their money to you.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bernardo
It's disappointing to see a vendor keep shooting himself in the foot. .
+1
Old Jul 9, 2007, 04:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Rez90
no, it was complete. Sarcastic but complete. If you want me to spell it out for you.

I was commenting in a sarcastic fashion on how your attitude is going to cost you lots of $$$ and your business will probably not do as well as it could have.

Remember, especially in this industry, word of mouth is everything.....

and people aren't saying very good things about you.
You are right, word of mouth is EVERYTHING - and you are on a car forum where people with nothing better to do than complain know EVERYTHING about you and your business.

People say lots of good things about me, just not on car forums - because you know they know it all, and you should believe what they say!

http://pabusinesscentral.com/top100/top100pep06.html

http://pabusinesscentral.com/top100/top100pep05.html

Look under Indiana County.

This would be a good start to getting to know me ~ the real me who would give you anything including the shirt on my back ~ but will not sit here and blow smoke up your *** to make you my friend, or make you want to buy from me. The people who will tell you what you want to here are the people you should worry about, not the guys like me who tell it how it is regardless of how it affects your feelings.

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.

Last edited by SBR INC; Jul 9, 2007 at 04:26 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 04:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Thegame
Hmm, after reading this thread I really don't know what to think. I cannot comment on your shop or business personally, so I won't. It seems to me though that every post regarding Slowboyracing is a negative one. And in my eye's, you are making it worse with your responses.
You are entitled to your opinion, and I respect it!

Everyone loves to hate SBR ~ it's kind of like the cool thing to do I guess, while everyone is hating we will remain here for all of our awesome loyal customers and do what we do!

Thank you,

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 04:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by bernardo
It's disappointing to see a vendor keep shooting himself in the foot. I'm not saying you have to kiss as s on here and take the blame for everything, but a little humility goes a long way in customer relations. I'm not telling you how to run your business, just offering some free advice. Like it or not, internet forums now make up a HUGE part of how people choose to spend their money.

I search every vendor's name on here before I buy anything. If I came across this thread in a search, your responses would make me spend my money elsewhere. It's not about the original poster's alleged issues, those issues could have been resolved with some humble responses on your part. Instead, you chose to be antagonistic, and that's not good.

You have to recognize how many competitors you have with the internet being available everywhere. Everyone can buy from anyone these days, you have to work a little harder to convince people to send their money to you.
Sorry, I am not going to work "harder" to impress people on an internet car forum, it's just not going to happen. If people cannot pick up the phone and call me to chat, it is not worth dealing with.

Can you tell what kind of person I am by reading a forum post? The answer is simply no, you cannot, nor can anyone else for that matter!

I am a genteration X guy, we do things a little different than generation "why". I still prefer a conversation on the phone over email, email does very little for me, as do long walks in a forum.

If you want to get to know me ~ fill out the X games giveaway on our website and come hang out with us in LA for a few days on us, cheers!

Mike Huml
SBR Inc.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

keep in mind. granted i commend you for being a "Generation X" guy who prefers a phone call rather than an email.....yadda yadda yadda.......

but........in todays day........the internet generates Billions of dollars a year.....

and that can help you a lot.......or in some cases, ruin a business.......
Old Jul 9, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

so what did ur red evo make on the dyno at Wyotech? i believe it was 470whp? y is it that i made over 420whp on stock turbo? and u havnt ran a better time? every time i see ur red evo run u can get it off the line without bogging and loosing boost.... whats ur 60ft 2.2?
Old Jul 10, 2007, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

I am not here to argue with you.

You are so unethical about everything you do. Be a man, step up and run a efficient, quality, reputable shop. Not a hack shack that you do one off kits for employees, then go and sell them to the public only to find that they are garbage.

You almost remind me of another business owner who knows absolutely nothing about the business he runs. Mark Cuban. You even have the same beard.

Good luck with your business by the way. I am sure it will just flourish with business after everyone reads this..

(oh and your salesman must think that buschur parts are from ebay, because after I told him what was on my car, he went on to say.... "I use to work there, the parts are junk and are no better than ours."
Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
I am not here to argue with you.

(oh and your salesman must think that buschur parts are from ebay, because after I told him what was on my car, he went on to say.... "I use to work there, the parts are junk and are no better than ours."
Huh? If that was said, I would have been the one to say it. I've never bashed any parts made/sold there.

Are you the guy with the not to well fitting deluxe FMIC?

Chris
Old Jul 11, 2007, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SBR Chris
Huh? If that was said, I would have been the one to say it. I've never bashed any parts made/sold there.

Are you the guy with the not to well fitting deluxe FMIC?

Chris
Correct, that was I. I purchased the wrong FMIC thinking it would fit my car. I drove it on low boost for about 2 days and had absolutely no issues. After hitting some higher numbers, the lower IC pipe felt the need to relocate itself under the extreme pressure.

Being my garage is located in greensburg PA, and my apartment for school is located in Indiana PA, I found myself short on tools. With this in mind, I decided to see if instead of driving all the way home to do it myself, I could attempt to let a performance shop have a stab at it.

Fortunately the mechanic that was designated to my car was extremely nice.

I wanted to just have a piece cut to extend the J pipe, but instead had some rubber hoses that were over-top more rubber hoses to try and make a tighter seal(which obviously didn't work).

Not being satisfied I figured it was easier not to complain, but to do things the correct way and sell the FMIC and buy one that fits. (which in a matter of 3 days it was gone and i went back to stock)

By the way, it was WELL before I even put that FMIC on my car that sales(men) more than 1 being emphasized, were commenting on the Buschur Racing stickers on the side of my car.
(I just chuckled and said "yea yea yea" not wanting to argue in case he wanted to then over price me on some parts I was about to inquire about.)
Old Jul 12, 2007, 05:50 AM

Correct, that was I. I purchased the wrong FMIC thinking it would fit my car. I drove it on low boost for about 2 days and had absolutely no issues. After hitting some higher numbers, the lower IC pipe felt the need to relocate itself under the extreme pressure.

Being my garage is located in greensburg PA, and my apartment for school is located in Indiana PA, I found myself short on tools. With this in mind, I decided to see if instead of driving all the way home to do it myself, I could attempt to let a performance shop have a stab at it.

Fortunately the mechanic that was designated to my car was extremely nice.

I wanted to just have a piece cut to extend the J pipe, but instead had some rubber hoses that were over-top more rubber hoses to try and make a tighter seal(which obviously didn't work).

Not being satisfied I figured it was easier not to complain, but to do things the correct way and sell the FMIC and buy one that fits. (which in a matter of 3 days it was gone and i went back to stock)

By the way, it was WELL before I even put that FMIC on my car that sales(men) more than 1 being emphasized, were commenting on the Buschur Racing stickers on the side of my car.
(I just chuckled and said "yea yea yea" not wanting to argue in case he wanted to then over price me on some parts I was about to inquire about.)
I guess our willingness to take your car in, when we had a full load in the garage is a direct relation to our poor customer service.

As far as the sticker thing, I guarantee if you brought a car with SBR stickers to BR, you would get ribbed there about it as well.

Chris Boone
Old Jul 12, 2007, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
[B]

You almost remind me of another business owner who knows absolutely nothing about the business he runs. Mark Cuban. You even have the same beard.

[/I]
Yeah but Mark Cuban is a Billionare.

Quick Reply: Slowboy 30r turbo kit review