Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

DC Sports DP + Cat delete, Fujitsubo RM01A cat-back

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2007, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC Sports DP + Cat delete, Fujitsubo RM01A cat-back

DC Sports DP + Cat delete:

Great looking piece, good looking welds, and it has an O2 bung in it. Comes with all the hardware you need (including a plug for the O2 sensor bung) and good instructions. The only downside is that although it starts at 3" it tapers to 2.75" where it meets the rest of the exhaust, so if you are looking for a true 3" system you'll have to look elsewhere.

Installation was easy, and fitment is great. After install, the tone of the car didn't really change which suprised me seeing as how the cat was removed, but the car did seem to spool slightly faster, and boost was up a bit. Also, I did not get a CEL with this, which also suprised me (your mileage may vary).

Fujitsubo RM01A exhaust:

This exhaust came very well packaged, but man oh man is it big (since it's a one piece)! The welds and build quality are exceptional, and all hardware was included though there were no instructions (not that they were necessary). Installation went smoothly, though you'll definately want someone to help you get it under the car so you don't bang it up (I hit the wall with it carrying it down from my apartment and put a slight ding in one of the resonators, but no real damage done) as it really is big.

This exhaust is definately not for someone who wants a LOUD exhaust. Even with the DP and cat delete, at idle you have to really listen to hear a difference over stock, though it does sound slightly lower. Under light load situations, it's really quiet, slightly louder than stock, but mostly just a bit lower sounding. Under full load is the only place you'll really notice it's louder, but it's not loud enough to get a ton of attention. In fact my HKS intake is a lot louder than this thing!

Cruising on the freeway at 75-80 you almost can't hear the exhaust at all. I can hear the road noise from my tires more than this exhaust. If you cruise 65-70ish you can hear it, but it's not droning or annoying, and it's still easy to carry on a normal conversation over the sound.

Performance wise, I still need to tune for this, but there's definately more boost from the turbo, and the butt dyno says there's more power there.

Overall, this combo gave me exactly what I wanted, a straighter, (mostly) 3" exhaust that won't kill my ears or draw unwanted attention. I definately recommend it!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

you should mention there is no cat delete the DC downpipe is a one piece downpipe cat delete pipe...I run this exact same combo and its great for having a quiet car and still make good gains

BUMP IT UP
Old Oct 12, 2007, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by 555R
you should mention there is no cat delete the DC downpipe is a one piece downpipe cat delete pipe...I run this exact same combo and its great for having a quiet car and still make good gains

BUMP IT UP
Ah, good point, should have made that clear. Thanks!
Old Oct 13, 2007, 07:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a fantastic combo The DC Sports downpipe is a high-quality (but still cost-effective ) piece. The Fujitsubo is top of the line and needs no introduction at all. You have great taste in parts, sir
Old Nov 17, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Pics? Sound clips?
Old Nov 30, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

i just bought the hks carbon ti and dc sports dp and they're being installed this weekend.... looks like i made the right decision lol
Old Dec 3, 2007, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Best exhaust out there IMO!
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:59 PM

i noticed on lancershop that this DP is for "off-road use only."

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...&cat=67&page=1

for those with this DP, what, if anything, are u guys doing to get around this? just install it and swap it out with the factory setup when testing emissions?
Old Dec 10, 2007, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

You can do that, but most OBD-II testing they just connect the EMI machine to the ECU and as long as your not throwing any codes or don't have any codes pending you'll pass. Thats how they did it in GA and thats how they do it here in NV. WA and CA must be different and still do a sniffer test though.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 12:30 AM

thats the thing, i havent needed a test for a while now. i dont know what type of test they use. i just went to their website, and it says that "gasoline vehicles will either get a tailpipe test or an OBD test." will probably have to wait for at least a year until the first evos here in wa get tested to know what test they use on evos.

one more thing. if u get pulled over, cant the cop smell it?
Old Dec 10, 2007, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

i know my car smells of raw fuel after a good boosting and under normal conditions you have the heavy exhaust smell
Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by asianfury01
thats the thing, i havent needed a test for a while now. i dont know what type of test they use. i just went to their website, and it says that "gasoline vehicles will either get a tailpipe test or an OBD test." will probably have to wait for at least a year until the first evos here in wa get tested to know what test they use on evos.

one more thing. if u get pulled over, cant the cop smell it?
I just moved from GA to NV and i thought the cops were gonna be more strict with CA just a few miles away, but i got pulled over in my 1st month here and they were fine with the car. Never said anything about it except the speeding part . (im running a test pipe too BTW)

If they say either a tailpipe or OBD than id find the newest EMI stand around and get it done there. Chances are they dont even have a tailpipe tester. Also look for a sign that say "1996 and up only" as they will only plug the EMI tester into your comp.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 01:08 AM
Evolved Member

My evo sounds like a v6 .. the fujitsubo its incredible! My tranny is all you hear when I drive by...