Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Amazing vendor experiences... Yoparts and CBRD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2007, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Amazing vendor experiences... Yoparts and CBRD

I would like to give a big thanks to Tom at yoparts.com and Chad at CBRD... probably some of the best customer service experiences ive had from vendors on this board in a long time.

Im putting together a turbo kit swapping from my 20G to a 35...

Chad at CBRD sat on AIM with me BSing back and forth half the day and most of the night trying to get everything i needed together and seeing what all he could piece together from parts he already had in his shop. Since my turbo setup is a shot in the dark to me and him, he is sending extra misc items and sizes that i may need in order to get everything plumbed up correctly the first time. Needless to say, in the end i saved a ton of cash because of his willingness to help and go out of his way to solve my problems and at a fraction of the cost it would have been to buy the stuff from a few other places.

Tom at Yoparts.com has just been amazing with finding me the parts i have needed and at prices that make it seem like im stealing lol. Between myself and 2 other guys i have been ordering parts for that are in Iraq currently, id say we saved at least $1000 off of parts had i ordered them from other websites. He is quick to respond to IM's and emails and has made every transaction as easy as it could possibly be.

Thanks to both of you guys for having outstanding customer relations and i hope the rest of the community that appreciates that type of service will find their way to your web page, IM window or phone and support you the way you have supported me...

Jason
Army guy

Edit... Thanks to Kreionic for IMing Chad and putting us together

Last edited by bigric09; Oct 24, 2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're lucky, I wish I could even get a reply back from half the vendors/people I send messages to about buying parts..sigh
Old Oct 24, 2007, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

get with tom.... you wont be disappointed
Old Oct 24, 2007, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Nice J,

Glad Chad to care of you. O your welcome
Old Nov 23, 2007, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks yoparts is getting kicked from here. It looks like AMS and other vendors are crying because they can't handle the competition.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

yeah.. i dont want to get started on that subject... ill get banned I wont order another part from AMS though, nor a few of the other vendors. Seems to me that they just managed to prove they are out to make money and apparently at a hell of a mark up from the prices i have been quoted from them in comparison to yoparts. oh well...
Old Nov 23, 2007, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

cool..snap some pics when you get a chance.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

i will shower this board with pics when im done lol
Old Nov 26, 2007, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bring back YoParts. Great Customer Service and awesome prices. Too bad they got strong armed by the big boys worried about their 100% markups and threatened to pull their advertisiing from EvoM if they did not ditch YoParts. So the mods kicked them off the site to satisfy other vendors. Total BS. Do I now get bannned for speaking out?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigric09
yeah.. i dont want to get started on that subject... ill get banned I wont order another part from AMS though, nor a few of the other vendors. Seems to me that they just managed to prove they are out to make money and apparently at a hell of a mark up from the prices i have been quoted from them in comparison to yoparts. oh well...
Originally Posted by EvoTech
Bring back YoParts. Great Customer Service and awesome prices. Too bad they got strong armed by the big boys worried about their 100% markups and threatened to pull their advertisiing from EvoM if they did not ditch YoParts. So the mods kicked them off the site to satisfy other vendors. Total BS. Do I now get bannned for speaking out?
This is an incorrect conclusion on all accounts. Be careful making assumptions. Also keep on topic
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

They removed a vendor because they were under cutting the prices of other vendors!?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! This has to be incorrect. Can someone shed some light on this situation, or point me to a link??

- Jason
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

when i get an exhaust from yoparts for 600 that everywhere else sells for 900, thats a pretty good mark up. Obviously there are things you can mark up more then others because you have to stay competitive. I use to work at best buy, the mark up on car audio is damn near 50%... computers, around 10%.... reason being, the markets are different and it costs more to make a computer than it does for an amplifier.

anyhow, ams directly said they cant offer the prices yoparts does because they have to cover their overhead and people are barely making it by up there. Ofcourse they are selling their shop car for a minimum of 90k on ebay, so i guess they arent hurting that bad.

Keeping on topic.... thanks again Chad, Tom and Zach.... you have made this build very easy for me. I hope to have numbers by saturday or next week sometime
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LancerOZ
They removed a vendor because they were under cutting the prices of other vendors!?!?! Are you kidding me?!?! This has to be incorrect. Can someone shed some light on this situation, or point me to a link??

- Jason
there are a few links floating around... i wont post them because this site needs to do its best at getting past this situation. It wasnt so much undercutting prices, it was the fact that yoparts is a wholesale company competing in a world of non wholesale vendors. They arent gone either, they are just not on this site anymore....
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

That's some BS. People should be pissed. I went to YoParts site. It's not like they just give you the parts at wholesale, you gotta pay for a membership. The other vendors realize this site is run out of the United States of America right? We like price competition here.

- Jason
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EvoTech
100% marks up, yea ok.

Quick Reply: Amazing vendor experiences... Yoparts and CBRD