Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

75awhp and 75ftlbs of torque gain in the low/mid range from Mellon.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
75awhp and 75ftlbs of torque gain in the low/mid range from Mellon.

Hey Guys

Just got my second tune from Mellon. This man is good! Im talking ”Fast” Eddie Falson with a Balabushka good!! Plus you never get hustled, only the best straight up deals and good advice.

My only mods are a full exhaust system, drop in K&N filter and a size 60 restrictor pill that allows me to run 26 PSI at the coast on 95 Octane fuel (I add a Xylene / Toluene / Nitro mix to get this). Chris sent his mail in flashes to me and check out the final graph for the gain in the low/mid range. He has my Ecu controlling the boost well with the gauge spiking at 26 PSI and tapering to around 20 PSI.

All I can say is the car feels real fast to me. Super happy With Mellon.

All Thanks to you Chris.
Attached Thumbnails 75awhp and 75ftlbs of torque gain in the low/mid range from Mellon.-evoscan-chart.jpg  
Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by RUN FOREST RUN
(I add a Xylene / Toluene / Nitro mix to get this).

where exactly are you getting this???? or are you mixing it yourself?
Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by trboboost91
where exactly are you getting this???? or are you mixing it yourself?
yeah please share!! I wouldn't mind having some of that!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 01:13 AM

Fuel Mix Recipe

Here in Cape Town our Fuel is actually as low as 90 Octane Mon. I have been experimenting with various ratios of Xylene, Toluene and Nitro for some time. Every few months I buy these products in bulk and purchase a whole lot of 5 Litre
empty containers (be sure to get fluorinated plastic unless you don’t mind the fumes coming out all the time). Then at home I dispense 4 Litres of Toluene and 1 Litre of Xylene into each container (I use one of those siphons that you shake to transfer the chemicals). Please use long rubber gloves and protective gear while doing this.

Now fuel isn’t just about raising octane unless you are just trying to reduce knock. To get real a really good result you also need to get the flame speed of your fuel correct so that it is burning properly. To give the fuel more energy I add a product here that contains Nitro (500ml blend) but you guys have even better products up there to chose from. Just remember not to go on those unsubstantiated octane point claims of the different products and just look for a product that has a substantial amount of Nitro in it and none of the other stuff that will foul your plugs.

When you hit the gas station add the 5 Litre container of Xylene and Toluene first. Then be sure to add a little fuel from the pump. Then add your Nitro and end off by filling up your tank to the top. The pump fuel will mix everything together for you. I always add a total of 5-6 litres (total combined mix) to 1 full tank of fuel.

Now get hold of your tuner!! You car will have new tuning potential. Think about the extra boost and timing you can have. Chris was able to safely tune me on our horrible pump gas and his first tune was excellent for that fuel limitation. This time round he tuned me for 95 Octane Mon and 26 PSI of boost!!

Car is a totally different experience.

Please be safe with these chemicals. They burn quickly (a spark could ignite them) and can harm pets and children. Store them in a safe place in their sealed containers. Keep them within your reach only.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails 75awhp and 75ftlbs of torque gain in the low/mid range from Mellon.-fuel.jpg  
Old Nov 14, 2007, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
nice results you got here +1 on mellon
Old Nov 14, 2007, 06:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice review, thanks Grant, it's simply amazing how much we gained with better octane and retuning. If you ever start thinking your car is slow because you're getting used to it, just roll back to the old tune/octane haha
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, great results. Congrats and welcome aboard.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Great Numbers
Old Nov 22, 2007, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by RUN FOREST RUN
Here in Cape Town our Fuel is actually as low as 90 Octane Mon. I have been experimenting with various ratios of Xylene, Toluene and Nitro for some time. Every few months I buy these products in bulk and purchase a whole lot of 5 Litre
empty containers (be sure to get fluorinated plastic unless you don’t mind the fumes coming out all the time). Then at home I dispense 4 Litres of Toluene and 1 Litre of Xylene into each container (I use one of those siphons that you shake to transfer the chemicals). Please use long rubber gloves and protective gear while doing this.

Now fuel isn’t just about raising octane unless you are just trying to reduce knock. To get real a really good result you also need to get the flame speed of your fuel correct so that it is burning properly. To give the fuel more energy I add a product here that contains Nitro (500ml blend) but you guys have even better products up there to chose from. Just remember not to go on those unsubstantiated octane point claims of the different products and just look for a product that has a substantial amount of Nitro in it and none of the other stuff that will foul your plugs.

When you hit the gas station add the 5 Litre container of Xylene and Toluene first. Then be sure to add a little fuel from the pump. Then add your Nitro and end off by filling up your tank to the top. The pump fuel will mix everything together for you. I always add a total of 5-6 litres (total combined mix) to 1 full tank of fuel.

Now get hold of your tuner!! You car will have new tuning potential. Think about the extra boost and timing you can have. Chris was able to safely tune me on our horrible pump gas and his first tune was excellent for that fuel limitation. This time round he tuned me for 95 Octane Mon and 26 PSI of boost!!

Car is a totally different experience.

Please be safe with these chemicals. They burn quickly (a spark could ignite them) and can harm pets and children. Store them in a safe place in their sealed containers. Keep them within your reach only.

Good luck.

i guess the other question is WHERE exactly do you get this?