Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

ETS 3.5" TBE VS Buschur 3" TBE w/Picture!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2007, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you notice any difference in low end power with the larger piping? A friend of mine had the Apex'i GT Spec (goes from 3in-3.75in) on his 240 and i noticed a little loss on the bottom end due to the reduced back pressure, but he would pick up on the top end.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

I noticed an overall difference in both. No power loss that i could tell. You can almost hear individual exhaust pulses w/ ETS's 3.5" exhaust, it simply sounds amazing.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
sound clip? I still don't know what exhaust I want- there are enough silly hondas around that sound like weed-eaters that I don't even want to sound anything like them- The stock rear spoiler is almost as big as some I have seen but if I sounded like any of them I would shoot myself in the kneecap
Old Dec 6, 2007, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

I couldn't tell you honestly if I lost any low end power with the ETS 3.5" Exhaust because I put the ETS 57 trim kit on at the SAME time and a BUNCH of other ETS QUALITY products.. but my torque feels great with that mid-sized turbo
Old Dec 6, 2007, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DonHugo
sound clip?
I have some video of my car doing some fly bys on the street, that I will try to get up soon.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info! I was wanting to get the 3.5 in. ETS exhaust to replace my Buschur racing TBE. Do you have pics of the exhaust on the car? Also theres a sound clip of the exhaust on ETS's website, but id also like to hear more of it.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome looking setup!!

How is the ground clearance with this ETS system? If possible, can you get pictures the following:

Rear shot of the car
Side shot of the car ( to see how low it hangs)

Im sure other were curious of these as well.

Also, would this be easy to mod to fit the JDM rear?

Soud clip!!

congrats on the exhaust.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone have pics of the ETS exhaust with a JDM bumper. Not a fan of the can type mufflers but Ive heard the clips and this exhaust sounds sick. All I know is I need an exhaust quick haha
Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

I am gonna go home now that I am out of class and take some pics of it so everyone can see and maybe take an idle vid too. The clearance is like stock. I have never ever scraped and I have coilovers too and before them I had Tein springs on stock struts, unfortunately, and never scraped then either. Hope that answers clearance issues?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

I'll get pictures soon as well.. and in the next week I'm going to be getting a JDM rear bumper... so I will also have pictures of it when I get that.. and let you know what I had to do in order to get it to look "right" on the car.

I'm not sure if I can get any videos because I don't have a camera.. but I will try my best ( :

There is no problems with it scraping .. it fits really good underneath the car too!

Originally Posted by gregfromblur
Awesome looking setup!!

How is the ground clearance with this ETS system? If possible, can you get pictures the following:

Rear shot of the car

Soud clip!!

congrats on the exhaust.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by tripperfx3
Did you notice any difference in low end power with the larger piping? A friend of mine had the Apex'i GT Spec (goes from 3in-3.75in) on his 240 and i noticed a little loss on the bottom end due to the reduced back pressure, but he would pick up on the top end.
This is a common misconception about turbo cars that's carried over from their naturally aspirated counterparts. In NA cars, the exhaust system is responsible for scavenging the head, thus the piping diameter, bends, length, muffler, etc. are all part of "tuning" the system for horsepower/torque. In the case of a turbocharged motor, the exhaust manifold is responsible for scavenging the head. This helps explain the importance of a true equal length manifold and knife edged merge collector as in the manifolds we use in our turbo kits. These features allow each single exhaust pulse to "suck" the exhaust from the other ports and into the collector. This promotes faster spool, transient response and top end flow. Once the exhaust has done its job in spinning the turbine wheel, it escapes from the turbine outlet. From the turbine outlet back, the least possible restriction is most beneficial for power and torque production. This is why most tubocharged racecars that you see have extremely short super large diameter exhausts usually terminating right under the motor, out the side of the front bumper, etc. Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by DonHugo
sound clip? I still don't know what exhaust I want- there are enough silly hondas around that sound like weed-eaters that I don't even want to sound anything like them- The stock rear spoiler is almost as big as some I have seen but if I sounded like any of them I would shoot myself in the kneecap
There are a few clips of our 3.5" exhaust system on our website here - http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/M...duct_info.html

Originally Posted by gregfromblur
Awesome looking setup!!

Rear shot of the car

Soud clip!!

congrats on the exhaust.
Here's a rear under shot of the system on my EVO. It tucks up to the car as well as the stock system and even better than many 3" systems

We have two versions of all of our exhaust systems with one for the USDM rear and the other for the JDM rear bumper. Just specify when ordering and it will sit flush regardless of which bumper you have on your EVO

Originally Posted by Links0000
Anyone have pics of the ETS exhaust with a JDM bumper. Not a fan of the can type mufflers but Ive heard the clips and this exhaust sounds sick. All I know is I need an exhaust quick haha
I've got at least one system on the shelf so just say the word and it'll be on its way to your doorstep

Tom
Old Dec 6, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

I have heard the 3.5" system on a stroker motor here in town I couldnt believe how loud a deep it was. It was a beautifull sound and perhaps a little too loud but perfect and deep. I should have bought that car.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

UHG!!!

ETS is like a bad case of the hives... I can never get enough of their products... and my wallet disintegrates with each payment to them...

Cheers-
Erich
Old Dec 6, 2007, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for posting those Tom. I can honestly say that the vids dont do this exhaust justice at all. Video cant capture its beauty,
Old Dec 6, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

I just took video of mine and it sounds like trash cause of the camera, but here are some pics of it. I bought mine from an evo that had it on a 35R kit and so mine doesnt sit exactly how it should cause its a catback and not a DP back. I also had to make a test pipe for it , but I love the aggressive angle and dont mind occasional carbon on my bumper. I have BR dp that was on that car when i bought it and a test pipe, both 3". This exhaust will eventually become a 3.5" TBE, but for now its a catback and I love it.

Last edited by wshihdnevo; Dec 6, 2007 at 04:45 PM.

Quick Reply: ETS 3.5" TBE VS Buschur 3" TBE w/Picture!!!!