Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Monster Sport Power Flow Intake

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2007, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monster Sport Power Flow Intake

Installed this 2 weeks ago.

The kit comes with the lid you can see in the pic, a fiberglass panel that serves as a heat shield and as a bracket for the AF sensor and the filter (huge cone), respectively, a cast aluminum suction pipe and all necessary hardware to install (Samco silicone couplers and hose clamps, too).

Sorry for not posting more pics, I didnt have the camera with me when we installed it (as usual).

The installation is straightforward and takes about 30min; nothing has to be cut, all you need is drilling 2 tiny holes for some self-tapping screws to mount a small bracket that will make a rest for the lid if you dont trust the double sided tape that is supplied in the kit (I didnt).

To sum everything up: nice kit, excellent fit, value for money is OK; I had liked to see a little more sophistication with the parts (the suction pipe is kinda heavy and looks a little raw, the lid is in fact not made from CF as you might think when looking at the pic but made out of chopped stranded mat with a thin top layer of carbon for the looks).

Does it work? Just as well as any other aftermarket intake I guess. It gets the fresh air from the duct that looks like the stocker and from the area below the headlight. It makes a nice whistle and whoosh during spoolup but not annoying.

Verdict: its OK, not outstanding but worth the money.

Bought from greenline.jp (who make better shipping prices to Europe than sellers from the U.S.) who were also perfectly OK to deal with.

Peter
Austria

Mellon tuned
Attached Thumbnails Monster Sport Power Flow Intake-img_0089.jpg