Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Buschur Racing twin Walbro review w/ DLL dyno and datalogs @ 30psi 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Way to go Chris, great numbers.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
WOW you may get 100 miles per tank, that is scary with super as much as it is!!!!
Old Apr 19, 2008, 05:47 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nah, I just filled it up, it came out to 17mpg after all that hard running dialing the tune in and just plain raising hell every chance I get. I think it would do 20mpg + easily if I drove it right.
Old May 15, 2008, 01:14 PM
Account Disabled

well I haven't done the math yet but I've been driving the car like a sane person the whole take of gas aside from a couple of 1/4 mile pulls I did here and there. I'm not trying to get good gas mileage, just driving it normally which means often seeing 10-20psi during part throttle sprints from stop light to stoplight etc.. This is a 50/50 mix of city and highway for the most part.

I filled up last week and I'm currently at 286 miles on this one tank, I could probably stretch it to 300 but I don't want to risk running out of gas on the interstate. I suspect I'm in the 20-22mpg area..pretty similar to when it was bone stock. Not bad for twin fuel pumps and 1000cc injectors with some spirited city/interstate daily driving.

If I run the car hard the whole tank I'd be lucky to see 150 miles like when I was dialing in the tune.
Old May 16, 2008, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Have you verified the pressure switch kicks on at 3psi? I read its supposed to be around 16psi but when tuning my car that didn't appear accurate and seems to be much lower.
Old May 16, 2008, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The switch is advertised at 6 psi, I have no checked them personally other than when we install them we give them a quick test to make sure the 2nd pump comes on. It is for sure not 16 psi.

I have never tuned a stock ECU car with a double pumper, with the stand alones it is a non issue as to when it comes on.
Old May 16, 2008, 06:57 AM
Account Disabled

yes I verified it on mine but I wouldn't assume they are all set the same. I spent quite a bit of time on that area of vacuum to 3psi and have it working pretty well now. You can't tell when the second pump comes on anymore and gas mileage is ~ 22mpg which isn't bad for a 500awhp daily driver
Old May 16, 2008, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

David/Mellon,

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking it was closer to 6psi personally when tuning my car that is where i noticed the fuel needed tweaking that i wasn't expecting. I was planning on testing it one day but with the 6psi comment I am happy with that.

BTW Thanks for such an easy and reliable solution fuel soluition David. I have installed one on my car, and a friends. Saved us incredible amounts of money vs. other systems!
Old May 16, 2008, 01:01 PM
Account Disabled

yep, I really like the idea of using the stock FPR, stock rails, stock lines etc... saves money and weight (braided lines)
Old May 16, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

You are welcome!!! Thank YOU for buying the fuel systems. They do work extremely well. My car is at 700 whp on our dyno on it. No problems.
Old May 19, 2008, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

You’re welcome David. I have referred several people to the fuel system when they ask what I use. Hopefully it has resulted in some purchases of the system.

Just finished up an install on a friends Evo, Buschur everything basically. Tuned the car to make up for the added fuel, and turned the boost up to 26psi (FINALLY! Read below) on 93 octane gas. He wasn't ready to push much higher on pump just yet but I think that will change after I showed him some logs on how quiet and smooth the engine is. The A/F curve is so smooth and consistent between runs, it literally took just over a handful a pulls to get it right where I wanted it.

Needless to say the car is very strong (Buschur 37r kit/Stage 3 block/race head etc.) and we are looking to get race gas in the tank really soon. Was a complete dream to dial in, only issue we have is with electronic boost control through AEM which limited me before when tuning this car. A couple months ago it did make 475hp @ 22lbs on a local Dyno that is said to read fairly low, so I am curious what it will make now. Error control functions don’t see the correct boost so it tries to always remove duty % and over correct things so the car simply won’t go above 22lbs (which it didnt even get that high sometimes) when turned on. No matter what I set the boost to 20PSI through 28PSI, and changing the duty cycle results the same, 22lbs max. It's very strange as the car is setup nearly identical to mine and using same boost solenoid that I have and my boost its quiet easy to get where I want it. It has to be AEM related for it to see the boost is so far off, when that isn’t the case.

Ended up tuning the car without the error control using a different method and its hitting 26lbs and holding +/- .5lbs consistently. The owner is one happy camper.
Old May 19, 2008, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

itzwolf, I am pretty busy making double pumpers so I am sure your referrals have helped. I appreciate it!

As for the boost control. I tried it and swore by it on the dyno. This was about 2 years ago. Then when the car hit the streets the boost was not consistent. I am back to what I like the most now and won't ever switch again, good old manual controller. With the dual stage we are making I can't ask for more.
Old May 20, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
I have never tuned a stock ECU car with a double pumper, with the stand alones it is a non issue as to when it comes on.
One heading your way
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:12 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im looking to do this ... how would idle be on 1000cc with stock ecu...Would this be good for a daily driver ??
Old Jun 23, 2008, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrJdmJimi
im looking to do this ... how would idle be on 1000cc with stock ecu...Would this be good for a daily driver ??
Not sure what you are tuned on, but the design of this kit you run like a normal Evo during idle and anything less than 6psi. To give you good hope however I have FIC 1150cc injectors and my car idles very well, tuned on AEM EMS. It's all in the tune. My friends car that I have tuned has 1000cc injectors and his car idles very smoothly as well, he also has AEM EMS

Last edited by itzwolf; Jun 23, 2008 at 09:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing twin Walbro review w/ DLL dyno and datalogs @ 30psi 93 octane