Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

DEVO Tuning driveshaft.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
evodan, last time Trent drove the car was at the racetrack 3 weeks ago. We had about 40 psi then and today the boost was only at 33-34. No, he could not feel a difference. When I tested brake rotors that were lighter the car gained around 5 whp if I remember correctly. This is 11 pounds lighter, some of that is from the carrier bearing. It is also rotating weight but I think will have a larger effect on WHP than the rotors because of removing the extra u-joint and change in direction of the shaft. I can tell you from past experience changing a long driveshaft on a F650 we built to a shorter shaft had a huge effect on HP, extreme case of long and shorter though.

nightwalker, what you suggested is always the case. Then you have to look at what you are saving and what the effects of your actions are. Here you have a company, DEVO Tuning, who took the time to have this made, offers it at a very low cost compared to anything else out there and supports this community. Yes, you can have it built but who is going to help you in the future with your EVO or other new products, "Billy Bob's driveshaft shop" or DEVO Tuning? I could have had this built after seeing it, but I respected DEVO and got it from them.

Support the good EVO shops, if you don't they won't be able to survive, especially in this economy. If that happens you will be buying all your parts from "Sum-ting-wong EVO Parts" on Ebay."

Well put David, well put.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This proves that David lives what he believes. He does it every day, not once in a while. I would expect nothing less from Buschur Racing. See you guys soon.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 08:00 PM

Adam is trying to get as many together at a time to help make the production go more quickly. Seriously dont waste your time with some other shop when someone has put the time and effort into coming up with this idea already. Ive had this for two years now on my car and i routinely goto the road tracks around the midwest. I drive the car there race all weekend and come home with no issues. Dave is right and this should have been factory.

Old Jun 25, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Cant wait for Dyno results!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So why do you suppose Mitsu did it the way they did?
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
Cant wait for Dyno results!
+ freaking 1 !!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
So why do you suppose Mitsu did it the way they did?
I'd be willing to place money Mitsu did it because they had a drive shaft that was already tooled for they could simply adapt instead of spending millions retooling their factory to pump out drive shafts for 1 production model...
Old Jun 26, 2008, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The cost of re-tooling to build a two piece shaft would be offset by the savings in the u-joints, carrier bearings and extra piece welded to the underside of the car quite quickly. I do not have an answer why they did a 3 piece shaft. Sometimes things are for noise and vibration when dealing with a mass produced car, that could be the case with this.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 08:47 AM
Account Disabled

two thumbs up to DEVO !

Bringing us fairly priced parts solutions you don't need to take out a home equity loan to purchase

Al
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:40 AM
Account Disabled

thanks for doing the testing on this stuff dave!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

I'm glad this thread was made... I'll be buying mine as soon as I get some spare change
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil
Why would it? That's like putting some milk and a few two liters in the trunk, unless your one of those people that believes the ratio is 10:1 unsprung/sprung. Ratio is close to 2:1.

your joking me right??? lighter rotational parts make a difference. do a little searching and you will see a few cases of this being proven. im not gonna go into this again.

edit. its not about just droping static weight. witch is where your milk jug theory was headed

Last edited by EvoDan2004; Jun 26, 2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Cant wait to get my car back and get one of these on its way! Thanks for the write up Dave and thanks for all your help and support to the community!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evodan2004
your joking me right??? lighter rotational parts make a difference. do a little searching and you will see a few cases of this being proven. im not gonna go into this again.

edit. its not about just droping static weight. witch is where your milk jug theory was headed
I'll PM you that is not where it was headed.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 03:38 PM
Account Disabled

Why PM him? Just explain it here. there's nothing personal going on here.

Quick Reply: DEVO Tuning driveshaft.