Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

EvoPowerMods Dump from AWD Motorsports.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2008, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
gotta love a good dump...lol...had to say it

they are definatly nice looking pieces, I would like to hear one on a stock turbo, I know what my 3065 sounds like...
Old Sep 11, 2008, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kmcconn9
gotta love a good dump...lol...had to say it

they are definatly nice looking pieces, I would like to hear one on a stock turbo, I know what my 3065 sounds like...

thnx for the kind words, we take pride in our TIG welding and fabricating. It's what we do...lol...

We have sound/video clips on our website......check them out.....

http://evopowermods.com
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:26 PM

Well mine's on the car, but can't drive it yet. Mine is touching the LICP, even though I ordered the VERSION #2!

Now I have to get my LICP modified for this to work.

A little upset about it, but I'm sure it'll be worth it...
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoNiner1986
Well mine's on the car, but can't drive it yet. Mine is touching the LICP, even though I ordered the VERSION #2!

Now I have to get my LICP modified for this to work.

A little upset about it, but I'm sure it'll be worth it...
What LICP do you have?? I have seen certain companies LICP like injen come different.. like they have different jigs.. lmk
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
What LICP do you have?? I have seen certain companies LICP like injen come different.. like they have different jigs.. lmk
I have the Nisei aluminum LICP
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:37 PM
Former Sponsor

I have the Nisei aluminum LICP
I just installed the v2 on a customers car with nisei LICP w/o an issue.. It was close but it did not hit.. Weird..
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I just installed the v2 on a customers car with nisei LICP w/o an issue.. It was close but it did not hit.. Weird..
Yea, that is pretty weird man...I mean it won't matter after they modify the LICP, but still ya know?

I sort of feel like if I ordered Version 2, the one that's SUPPOSED to fit aftermarket LICPs, then I shouldn't be having this problem
Old Sep 11, 2008, 10:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Yea, that is pretty weird man...I mean it won't matter after they modify the LICP, but still ya know?

I sort of feel like if I ordered Version 2, the one that's SUPPOSED to fit aftermarket LICPs, then I shouldn't be having this problem
I definitely understand what your saying and i am not saying the 02 dump shouldnt fit perfect.. Its just a very tight fit always and if the LICP varied in construction at all from what was tested by EPM when they tested the v2 then there isnt much they can do.. There are probably 10 different LICP combinations easily.. Not saying its EPM or Nisei just trying to shed some light on why it may not fit.. Part of the reason EPM is making an 02 dump with LICP combo.. To guarantee 100% fitment w/o issues..
Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Mike a couple of ?'s if you don't mind as we just got one in for a customer of ours:

1- Do you guys change the stud to a allen head bolt on the one stud that gets very close to the 02 piping (sorry for the poor descirption) Basically there is one nut that is very hard to tighten down as there is no provision to fit a socket on it.

I'm assuming everyone tightens it down w/ the housing slightly lifted off the turbo......it's a very tight fit.

2- I know the reason for the mod is to dump to atmosphere but i am a also concerend about the larger size diam piping on the 02 necking back down at the flange for the d/p. Wouldn't that negate the gains of the larger piping

Thank you.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Mike a couple of ?'s if you don't mind as we just got one in for a customer of ours:

1- Do you guys change the stud to a allen head bolt on the one stud that gets very close to the 02 piping (sorry for the poor descirption) Basically there is one nut that is very hard to tighten down as there is no provision to fit a socket on it.

I'm assuming everyone tightens it down w/ the housing slightly lifted off the turbo......it's a very tight fit.

2- I know the reason for the mod is to dump to atmosphere but i am a also concerend about the larger size diam piping on the 02 necking back down at the flange for the d/p. Wouldn't that negate the gains of the larger piping

Thank you.
hey,
Ill try to step in and answer a couple of your questions. yes that lower most stud/nut combo is a pita for sure. You are on the right track in tightening as much as you can with the EPM O2 Lifted up. The find the shortest open end 14mm you can find and torque it down.
As for your second questions about it necking down. We had to neck down to be able to fit every downpipe. Every Downpipe on the market is 2.5 inches so hence the 2.5 neck down. We tested several designs and the one we came up(production unit) flowed really well. That tight radius channels the flow into the flange brilliantly. Any edge will cause a high pressure area and the flow will ramp over that high pressure area. We had thought about a Total 3inch system but that would entail a new downpipe. We are still toying with that idea for race Applications but in all of the testing on dozen's of customer's cars our O2 unit seems to work as intended. Large gains in HP and side benfits of more boost being made, no tapering, no spikes, no Surge, and much quicker spooling of the turbo.

let us know if there is anything else we can answer for anyone....
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Street Tuners
hey,
Ill try to step in and answer a couple of your questions. yes that lower most stud/nut combo is a pita for sure. You are on the right track in tightening as much as you can with the EPM O2 Lifted up. The find the shortest open end 14mm you can find and torque it down.
As for your second questions about it necking down. We had to neck down to be able to fit every downpipe. Every Downpipe on the market is 2.5 inches so hence the 2.5 neck down. We tested several designs and the one we came up(production unit) flowed really well. That tight radius channels the flow into the flange brilliantly. Any edge will cause a high pressure area and the flow will ramp over that high pressure area. We had thought about a Total 3inch system but that would entail a new downpipe. We are still toying with that idea for race Applications but in all of the testing on dozen's of customer's cars our O2 unit seems to work as intended. Large gains in HP and side benfits of more boost being made, no tapering, no spikes, no Surge, and much quicker spooling of the turbo.

let us know if there is anything else we can answer for anyone....
Thanks you sir!

We were pretty much spot on with our assumptions as to why the neck down as we figured this was for the larger demographic of customer/owner to fit standard/aftermarket d/p's.

I'm sure there is a small need for full 3" set-ups but probably not enough to justify prod costs and development prices.

Any plans to make revisions to allow easier install in regards to that nut?
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:47 AM
Former Sponsor

We had thought about slotting the flange, but that really wouldn't help in torqueing the nut down. That Huge Tube of ours causes the issues, it's a trade-off large tube/big power' tight fit...lol...let us know how it goes after the install..#'s wise..we always like to hear the end results...thnx...

I think we still might come out with a race only setup which would be a full 3 inch all the way in 1 piece but like you mentioned the costs would be up there. And the power benefit would only be for those with an all out stock turbo 9 drag race setup...maybe running a combo Meth/Race gas or straight Meth where the boost levels would be way above 35lbs...in our testing the current EPM O2 Housing will flow great in the 35lb range....one of our testors is running 35lbs and is having awesome results....

Last edited by Q@EvoPowerMods; Sep 12, 2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Mike, I finally got a chance to check this out. Very nice, it is not worth me building one for my exhaust so EXPECT an order. For anyone interested in a divorced o2 this one is it, no question about it. Indy
Old Sep 12, 2008, 12:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Mike, I finally got a chance to check this out. Very nice, it is not worth me building one for my exhaust so EXPECT an order. For anyone interested in a divorced o2 this one is it, no question about it. Indy
Thanks for the approval Jim..

As many people know on here, Jim has an eye for quality parts and 9.99 times out of 10 he can tell you what will and will not work as for designs before it even goes on the car..
Old Sep 12, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

mine is touching the niesei licp also but they are so tight with each other that i dont think there's going to be a problem....i hope

Quick Reply: EvoPowerMods Dump from AWD Motorsports.