Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

FP Red - 93+Meth

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
makes me want to get the red now....
Old Dec 5, 2008, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 35rEvo
No. Not everybody drag races. A number made on a dynojet, correlates to a trap speed. For example, a person who has put down 400whp on a dynojet usually can mean he/she will have a trap speed of 115-118mph. Dyno numbers are not completely worthless like you say. That's just ignorant.
Until you take it to the track, it's just an expensive lawn ornament
Old Dec 5, 2008, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 35rEvo
No. Not everybody drag races. A number made on a dynojet, correlates to a trap speed. For example, a person who has put down 400whp on a dynojet usually can mean he/she will have a trap speed of 115-118mph. Dyno numbers are not completely worthless like you say. That's just ignorant.
400 whp will gain me 0.5-3 mph??!?! I sure hope not! lol Im at 280 whp on a dyno dynamics which is probably 310 on a dyno jet... if 90 more hp is only gonna get me to 118 traps then I'm junkin my car haha Juuuuuust playin! but really.... i sure hope not lol
Old Dec 5, 2008, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by backcountryGSX
Until you take it to the track, it's just an expensive lawn ornament
Even if you take it to the track, if the driver is not a good drag racer then you really wont get a sense of the real power of the car. Basically what I am trying to say is that the track is not always the holly grail of power measurements. You dont want to run into that car on the highway. Now thats a true test of Horsepower.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are too many variables. Dynos, weather, humidity, elevation, drivers, tracks all vary so there is no constant. Get over your dyno number x = trap speed x already. Bottom line is this is an awesome setup and props to a well built Evo!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by j14mp
400 whp will gain me 0.5-3 mph??!?! I sure hope not! lol Im at 280 whp on a dyno dynamics which is probably 310 on a dyno jet... if 90 more hp is only gonna get me to 118 traps then I'm junkin my car haha Juuuuuust playin! but really.... i sure hope not lol
Don't try and convert the numbers by going from one dyno to another. That isn't accurate, unless you've actually dynoed on the dynojet. Like Shhhh said, there are too many variables, but the 115-118mph is just an estimate, that's all. Numbers on a dynojet cannot be altered like DD and mustang dynoes. Hence my reasoning for using dynojet numbers.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Jestr is the man!!!!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 02:15 PM
Fomer Vendor

His car will trap the same as 04AWDTURBOEVO, they made almost identical power on the same dyno.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kerr@xtremeboost
His car will trap the same as 04AWDTURBOEVO, they made almost identical power on the same dyno.

that is if I remember how to launch the car is been a while
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Nice numbers!

Can you run over 500whp on a stocker?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

yea u can just dont beat the hell out of it everyday
Old Dec 5, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo2wIsh4
Even if you take it to the track, if the driver is not a good drag racer then you really wont get a sense of the real power of the car. Basically what I am trying to say is that the track is not always the holly grail of power measurements. You dont want to run into that car on the highway. Now thats a true test of Horsepower.
I agree 100%. I guess my main thesis was why brag about what your car dynos at. You didn't buy an Evo to talk about what your dyno numbers convert over at the track or against other cars on the street. Take it out into the real world and prove it
Old Dec 5, 2008, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by backcountryGSX
I agree 100%. I guess my main thesis was why brag about what your car dynos at. You didn't buy an Evo to talk about what your dyno numbers convert over at the track or against other cars on the street. Take it out into the real world and prove it
to you and everybody else who don't know me:
I think the first month after I bought the car I was at the track twice a week for a hole year bone stock, this why I bought this car to race cause I like it.
I didn't post what I made at the dyno to brag about it just to tell what that turbo is capable on 93 + meth, I haven't been at the track yet because I wanna make sure everything else on the car is 100%, like my meth pump start to go right after the tune, 2 day ago I blew up a water hose and who knows what else is coming , when you have a 500whp car on stock internals you have to be carefull with everything, so I got a new pump, fix my hose, and I install a pressure gauge for the pump too if nothing else breaks I'll be at the track on sunday
Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by evo8fl
I think the first month after I bought the car I was at the track twice a week for a hole year bone stock, this why I bought this car to race cause I like it.
I didn't post what I made at the dyno to brag about it just to tell what that turbo is capable on 93 + meth, I haven't been at the track yet because I wanna make sure everything else on the car is 100%, like my meth pump start to go right after the tune, 2 day ago I blew up a water hose and who knows what else is coming , when you have a 500whp car on stock internals you have to be carefull with everything, so I got a new pump, fix my hose, and I install a pressure gauge for the pump too if nothing else breaks I'll be at the track on sunday
HELL YEA VERY CAREFULL CUZ IM GOING TO BE AROUND THE SAME WHP
Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8fl
I wasn't calling you out at all. My post was directed at the guy who said I was ignorant, and was saying how dyno numbers=trap speed.

Quick Reply: FP Red - 93+Meth