Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Binary Seat Lowering Brackets - Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 for Binary lowering brackets. I'm 5'8" also and it feels better setting lower.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 04:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
genma on here has them... he made me love them too... havent gotten around to purchasing them yet, but i sure am in the future!!!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Newbie question but can someone point me in the rite direction as far as ordering them? Last time i was sent a link from a friend it didn't allow me access to the post on here. Wondering if there is somewhere else.
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

^^^

in the OP theres a link...

UPDATE

link in OP dont work... must have been removed... contact evoM handle mentioned in OP...
Old May 17, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I got the Binary seat lowering brackets installed today! They really drop the seats and its a pretty dramatic change! I like it though since I now really feel like I am riding in and apart of the car. Zac (hellomynameis) helped me install them and he also really likes the feel. I'll have to do the fiancee test later...

*edit*
Passed the fiancee test! She likes them.

Last edited by Kracka; May 17, 2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old May 17, 2009, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The link to cbrd website doesnt list them as a product, and no info about these on their site. Any link where to order these? would this still clear the amp under the dri seat for evos with ssl package?
Old May 18, 2009, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Contact MAP, that is who I ordered mine through.
Old May 27, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

After covering 2,200 miles in 6 days I am in love with these seat brackets! The seats are much more comfortable over the long haul with these and they just feel really natural after you get over the initial change from stock. Well worth the cost and very glad I bought/installed them before my trip.
Old May 27, 2009, 10:11 AM
Account Disabled

The OP in the second link is the person who makes them. You can contact Jared through that. His user name is jid2.
Old May 31, 2009, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

I love them... I installed them 2 weeks ago... they make the car better to ride in... now i need to lower my damn car... the ONLY thing that was a PITA is getting that allen wrench bolt out... good god MITSU has them in there good!!
Old May 31, 2009, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

i just installed the dri side brackets. Clearances were tight, but if you mess around with all the adjustments you dont need to bend the bar. My bar passes right on the floor, but my seat still locks perfectly in place. I didnt even take the seat out of the car, just adjusted the backrest all the way forward, reclined it against the rear seats, supported the bottom with a plastic case I had, and all was good. Plenty of room in the evo.
I sit much lower now, definately feels sportier. I dont feel like Im driving a truck anymore.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Just installed my bracket and am very happy with the results. The install was very easy. It's not hard at all, just one of those mods where you need take your time and just do the work.
I never felt comfortable driving my Evo. It always felt like i was on top of the car driving a 4x4 not a "sports" cars. The placement of the pedals/shifter/arm rest never felt rite to me either. I am now in love with the new feel while driving. My big bolstered 7 seats are now easier to get in and out of and feel real good driving around. I feel more comfortable driving around in traffic and especially when I'm pushing the car. I will recommend this to every evo owner from now on. It's worth every penny i paid for it, but would have been a lot better if mitsu made the car this way stock.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.
Thanks again jid2!

EDIT: I'm about 5'10" just in case anyone else at a similar height has questions.

Last edited by Its a 7; Jun 30, 2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Positron
+1 for Binary lowering brackets. I'm 5'8" also and it feels better setting lower.
I wasn't sure if these would work for me either but I'm 5'9" so it looks like I'll be giving these a try
Old Jul 2, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by b00stedtalon
I wasn't sure if these would work for me either but I'm 5'9" so it looks like I'll be giving these a try
They make a big difference. After a while you get used to it, until you sit in another evo without it. Very easy install, I did both without removing the seats from the car, not really necessary imo. And nothing got scratched. One word of advise-- dont do like those instructions and use pliers and a allen, Just buy a damn 3/8" allen socket and make your life easier.
Old Jul 18, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE MAKE THESE THE HIGHCHAIRS THAT COME IN THE EVO X!!! lol Serious man, I'm 6'6" and I feel like Im in the cab of a semi truck!

Quick Reply: Binary Seat Lowering Brackets - Review