Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Carbing 6-point Lower Arm Bar

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Carbing 6-point Lower Arm Bar

I am very impressed with the quality and fitment of this bar. When installing, it was apparent that the stock chassis has already gotten tweaked a bit b/c some force was needed to get 2 of the 10 bolts in place; overall not bad though so I'm really happy I did this now instead of waiting. You can see in the pic below how weak and puny the stock tie-bars are in comparison. Since I no longer need to run spacers for the bars to clear my downpipe I don't think I'm losing a whole lot of ground clearance, I'd say a 1/2" at the absolute max, but I doubt its even that much. I haven't done much hard driving yet so I can't really give a review on it yet, but going into clover-leafs the car did feel more compliant and planted which is good. One thing though, the front stock tie-bar is 3-point but for some reason Carbing opted against using the center mounting point (on the brace that holds the front motor mount).

Clears the Buschur 3" downpipe with no spacers!

About to sword fight with Zac!

Carbing 6-point vs. stock:
The following users liked this post:
Is2scooby (Sep 27, 2018)
Old Mar 29, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks like a really nice piece!!
Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Another nice writeup from S2kracka!

Just wondering how much it cost and where did you get it from? I havent ran my stock tie-bars for a couple years now. The Carbing 6 point is what I want.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

i have this piece installed also... i was told this underbrace just stiffins the chasis and doesnt give u "performance", but i deffinatley felt a difference.. i highly recommend this piece
Old Mar 29, 2009, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

I got it from MAP (www.maperformance.com); its not on their website, but just tell them you want the same one I got and they'll set you up. Talk to them about pricing, but it'll be cheaper than the other online shops
Old Mar 29, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

I just got back from my first hard drive since installing it last night and all I can saw is, "Wow!" Whipping around clover-leafs the car just plants itself in the corner and holds the line the whole way through! No more need to make steering adjustments as the chassis flexes changing the alignment. Even at low speeds making hard cuts and quick transitions the car feels a lot more solid and eager. I'm definitely glad I got this and can't wait to feel it on the autocross course this summer!
Old Mar 30, 2009, 04:27 AM

Nice, I need to replace one of my tie bars due to a rock 'incident' and this looks like a good replacement. What made you choose Carbing over the other available options?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

The fact its one solid 6-point brace was the biggest reason. Most companies seem to sell separate 2 and 4-point bars, but this Carbing 6-point barely cost more than the other 4-points.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 05:15 AM

I installed one of these along with S2kracka this weekend. This morning's drive into work was the first time I was able to push the car a bit since installing it. I am quite surprised about the difference it makes. It is very subtle, but the car feels a lot more planted going through corners. On my way into work, there are two small round-a-bouts, they are in the middle of a 55mph highway and the suggested speed is 20 mph. usually 30-35 is pushing it going through these. I was able to get on the gas midway through instead of at the very end and was able to increase my speed comfortably by 5-10 mph overall.

Even straight line driving seems improved a bit, the steering wheel is much 'quieter' needing fewer inputs as you go over bumps and other irregularities in the road. It doesn't seem to sacrifice the ride quality either.

As a last note, as I came out of my driveway this morning, I noticed my car didn't make any of the usual creaking noises while coming down the steep transition from the driveway to the street.

For the price, the Carbing bar seems to be the best option out there. It ties the lower control arms together along with tying them to the chassis. I know that you can buy combinations of other bars that accomplish the same thing, but they all command a price of $300 or more.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 02:18 PM
Account Disabled

nice looking piece , we've made a few just like it and they work great .
Old Mar 30, 2009, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So, whats it run?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

I just asked MAP and they said $269.99 shipped, but they said to go ahead and shoot them a PM/IM/email if you find a better price online and they'll see what they can do.

Last edited by Kracka; Mar 30, 2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 09:28 AM

the bolts to fit comes with bar?
How many bolt are?..6 or more?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by biturbo71
the bolts to fit comes with bar?
How many bolt are?..6 or more?
I'm pretty sure everything needed for the install was included in the box.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Do you have any thoughts on fitment with a qtp downpipe? I know you dont have one but didnt know if there was a ton of room under where the second arm bar is (middle one).

Quick Reply: Carbing 6-point Lower Arm Bar