Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Evolution Dynamics review (June 27, 2009)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2009, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thannks for the review. I will most definitely take my car to this shop. They sound like a bunch of nice guys. The dealer charged me a fee just to look at the engine for leaks when i bought my car. Touching the engine was extra!!! The guys at evolution dynamic sound like a bunch of good friends, they did you a favor!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

You have to remember that most of Dallas has had work done by Kevin, most of us are pretty loyal to his work also. For Kevin going from working out of his garage to having his own shop in a few years is huge. All this while still working a full time job during the week that is not even automotive related. His work is second to none, his rates even better. Yes he has a few problems arise once in a while but his work ethic and attitude to get the job done right is worth the extra time it may take. I guess I am a little bias though. Its not easy to see a negative review of a friends new shop. There are going to be issues no matter where you go, its just a matter of when, where and how much its going to cost you. Kevin you may have lost a future customer but you know the guys who will continue to keep bringing their work to you and how word of mouth from these individuals outweigh anything posted on here could dispel. Best of luck to the new shop. Oh yeah you to Denver.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Roostar4Evo
thannks for the review. I will most definitely take my car to this shop. They sound like a bunch of nice guys. The dealer charged me a fee just to look at the engine for leaks when i bought my car. Touching the engine was extra!!! The guys at evolution dynamic sound like a bunch of good friends, they did you a favor!
I like this note and I do agree they did me a favor. Top notch work as evident in the detail Kevin wrote on all the work that was done. Good place to go if you're nearby. It's not even an option for me to return as I've been banished but this was a combo car check/trip to dfw thing and I would like to visit another place in the future if I plan anything. Next time I will be more prepared and just rent a car to keep busy.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by topturtle
You have to remember that most of Dallas has had work done by Kevin, most of us are pretty loyal to his work also. For Kevin going from working out of his garage to having his own shop in a few years is huge. All this while still working a full time job during the week that is not even automotive related. His work is second to none, his rates even better. Yes he has a few problems arise once in a while but his work ethic and attitude to get the job done right is worth the extra time it may take. I guess I am a little bias though. Its not easy to see a negative review of a friends new shop. There are going to be issues no matter where you go, its just a matter of when, where and how much its going to cost you. Kevin you may have lost a future customer but you know the guys who will continue to keep bringing their work to you and how word of mouth from these individuals outweigh anything posted on here could dispel. Best of luck to the new shop. Oh yeah you to Denver.
I understand on loyalty but you guys have good reason for that loyalty in the low rate and professional work. Also, please don't take my review as negative as I did not mean for it to be that; just "my" review. I'm just one customer so no big deal. You can't win them all.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 07:44 AM
Account Disabled

hey KevinD,

It sounds like this guy has never been to a shop in his life! They are not like your tipical "nail shop" or "day spa". get over it. They charged you next to nothing, got your car the way you wanted. Just thank them pay your bill and go about your business. They are trying to run there own without you bashing them over a hot day in Texas! WTH! Next time ask them to have breakfast for you and to make sure all is clean and to the correct temparature before you arrive!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

i arm chaired kevin rebuilding my entire motor while i patiently waiting in the hot sun. it was great, car making around 500whp now and runs flawlessly.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tnt1106
i arm chaired kevin rebuilding my entire motor while i patiently waiting in the hot sun. it was great, car making around 500whp now and runs flawlessly.
+1^ - I've been to many Import Shops and these dealerships cannot, I repeat cannot compare to Tuning/Parts shop such as KevinDs (Evolution Dynamics) and many other professional Tuning shops. Yea it might be messy at times, but as Kevin mentioned he works nights on weekdays and weekends and let alone just "opened" the shop, talk about a lot of cars that want his touch... EVERYBODY knows KEVIND and his crew in TEXAS, if I lived there I would live in his shop...

When you go to a shop that specializes on imports such as (EVO 8/9/Subies/EVOX) you know you're going to get quality work... I'll wait any day!

Last edited by Boricua_Evo; Jun 30, 2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

I am in the customer service industry as well, and it is impossible to please 100% of the customers. There are customers who want great amenities along with the great service, but some focus most on the service itself. I live in houston TX and i heard kevind had nothing but great reviews and reputations for his master skills on evos, and i am pretty sure i will go to him in the future. Again, I don't think this guy wrote a bad review, but it is indeed not an appreciating one. Com'on 60 dollars for all that? You never thought that you were not the only person that waited with you in the hot sun for a work that costs merely 60 dollars. oh my god, where can i find that in houston.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by icrnk
There is not really any whining other than everyone else not liking my review. I had my review so I'm off my soapbox now. I actually was not hanging over Kevin. I went out a few times but didn't stay long because I did not want to be that guy that stands there watching everything although I was interested in it. You are right that had I just rented a car the outcome would have been different. So would it have had I just had a simple update. Again I didn't complain about the place, just mentioned a woman's observation that some of you are trying to make a mountain out of to get away from the main issue being a lack of communication. Once again, there was no complaint of work, price, and I understand issues come up. Isn't it fair to for a customer to be kept abreast of what is going on? Hey, doctors are busy and they seem to be able to find time to do it; or send someone to do so on their behalf. Minutes were not count doing work. It was the lack of work being done for a reason I had no idea about because nobody thought to acknowledge that I was still there. Just an acknowledgement of sorry for the long wait on the part. Had I had a choice I would have said not to worry about it because that was not a big deal.
I was going to let this go, but the statement above just bugs me to death. I want to know what doctor you are going to because every time I go to the doctor I get there 5 to 10 mins early, like you, I dont like to be late to appointments, I sit the the waiting room till at least 30mins after my scheduled appointment time, then get taken back by a nurse, and and told, "the doctor will be in shortly to see you..... " usually about 30 to a hour later the doctor comes in, and just starts right in on the problem, I dont need to know, or frankly want to know where he/she was before coming in to see me. In fact its the last thing I want to know, what if he/she just had a bowel movement, then is sticking a wooden popsicle stick in my mouth..... thats just something I dont want to know.

My point is this..... We are there late every night almost till 2 or 3am, infact last night I was there till 3 and Kevin and Richard were there till 4.... all of us got up at 630am today to come to the day time job. Saturdays we start at 10ish and we are there ALL day and night... no breaks, nothing... we bring food in, and eat with our hands dirty, I dont see a need to call kevin every 10 to 15min while Im out and tell him every little detail. It doesnt seem like a big deal to you, but every phone call text message etc, you have to stop what you are doing, get out from under the car, get the phone, finish the phone call, avoid other questions so you can get back to work as fast as possible so the customers waiting, dont have to wait all day. Thats how we operate, I apologize this is not up to your standard. If I was taking to long to get the specialty tool to get your bolt out then you have every right to walk up to kevin and say " HEY man, this is taking to long, and my wife and I would really like to go sight seeing, the antenna stuff is not really important, I can just get that another time, can you finish me up so I can leave." Kevin would stop what he is doing and immediately attend to you and you could be on your way. He knew he had to wait for me, and his computer had to charge anyway so he went on to the next car. Just be glad you where to other two guys that were there when you were there also and didnt leave till 12am and 2:30am, both left happy as ever, and with their cars running better than ever, one came up from fort-hood, and one from Houston also. Both cars has some issues that we found while doing the work they where scheduled for which would effect the overall performance of the car, so instead of turning them way, again we stepped up and resolved the issues, one including some fairly substantial fab work.

Rant over
Again I say, thank you for the review, we will do everything we can to improve on the issues you pointed out.

To those who support us, and have supported us from the various garages to the "DUMP " we have now. THANK YOU! and We look forward to working with you again!!

Last edited by denver; Jun 30, 2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

A+++ for EVOLUTION DYNAMICS!!!!
Old Jun 30, 2009, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

i have no idea why this guy is complaining or letting his wife complain for him.....what do you expect when you are in TEXAS? its an oven out here and KevinD does whatever he can to please the customer..he has fans to cool down the shop and what other dealership ever would just have bottles of water and snacks in the waiting room just incase? no one.... you are a big boy you know how to check the weather channel or listen to the weather station... you know if it will be deathly hot out so do not complain about the heat... This really frustrates me along with every one else who will read the review..Kevin,Denver, and Richard all bust their a** to go above and beyond what is needed.... i believe looking at what kevin did to your car for that price was amazing and it was how you wanted it... you would have been charged atleast 500+ dollars or more just to do this at a dealership..... when you go to a race performance shop that is for evos and you have three guys that have a ton of cars to finish waiting is normal so stop crying.....i cant imagine how annoying you were when they were trying to work on your car and you were over their shoulders constantly bugging them about the time....so now you can see this difference in quality of work...a dealership who could care less about your car and how it runs who will charge you an arm and leg to fix it versus three highly qualified engineers, race drivers, and enthusiast, who do it cause they love it and will give you a great price.....$55 dollars for all that wow! i could romp on you all day but have made my point...........
Old Jun 30, 2009, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

last night kevin, denver, and richard were all up till past 3 last night finishing my car and busted their a**, then my crankshaft sensor went out during a tune at about 4 in the morning....they helped tow it back with richards EVOX out of all cars to tow with but they still did it.... so the guys are flat out amazing and do great work..... so dude quit crying....and dont use the exuse that it was your wife complaining......we all know what type of guy you are
Old Jun 30, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for evolution dynamics, they just did my timing belt, i drove it home they car didnt feel right and kevin said bring it back.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

hell I had my clutch go out.. sat at the dealership for like to weeks.. said hell with them.. hit up kevin on doing a clutch for me.. and he hooked me up on Valentine's day.. Valentine's day of all days to do a clutch and a tune.. my fuel pump wasn't worth crap for the tune.. threw in a IX pump for free.. now my clutch is out again.. not buying another fidanza 3.2 for sure.. but I'm bout to tow my car down there from OKC to have him install another clutch for me.. I of course did rent a car and come back and check on how it was going periodically during the day.. My fiancee was with me on the trip.. we took off to the mall and blah blah.. but I don't think I could trust many people to do exceptional work on my car.. I'm not trying to rant on other's reviews.. everyone does have their own opinions on things.. Even if i had to just sit around and watch I don't think I could even complain on the quality of workmanship that was performed..
Old Jun 30, 2009, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

when i was in Iraq (6000miles away in 130 degree heat) KevinD did $7000 worth of work to my car and now 25,000miles its still running flawless. wouldt go anywhere else for work...plus he has THE BEST customer support i have ever seen (equal to Rob @ RRM).

Quick Reply: Evolution Dynamics review (June 27, 2009)