Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

DanSPEC oil catch cans from MPFab.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
DanSPEC oil catch cans from MPFab.

some people like catch can's and some people do not. i my self like catch cans when there built to actually work instead of just a junk can with a hose attached to it. I have been in the market for something unique and one off. but mainly functional. so i called MPFab '' http://www.mpfab.com/ '' and spoke with Walker. i told him what i had wanted and the design i had in my head. he then told me to draw it on paper and send it to him. well my drawing skills are not very good so i am not posting the pic's for that. but i then got a call from Walker and he said Dan i can build you your custom catch can. he asked me for the size and shape i wanted. so i did some measuring and thinking and this is what i came up with. i had told him i can custom make the bracket to mount it and all he had to do was make the can.

the design of the 1st can is simple and after 3k miles very functional and working extremely well. the 1st can here is going to be called DanSPEC VCB ''valve cover breather'' catch can. it uses 2 -8 black braided hose from the valve cover to the catch can. ''this can be changed if you prefer a different size'' the catch can is a duel vented type setup. inside the catch can there is a type of baffle that helps separate the vapors and oil. there is a media type material inside the vent runners to also help filter the vapors into the air on its way out of the can. each filter has a little runner inside the can. its hard to explain but im not giving up our design on the inside of the can. plus like i said. i can not draw. but it is working extremely well

and here is some pics of the finished product.

there you go. now this is working extremely well. to empty the can all you do is remove it from the car and turn it so the fittings are down and all the gunk stuff comes right out.

now this next can was built to remove the crappy greddy one i had modified to work the way i wanted to. this greddy can i had for over 2 years and it just did not look good at all. and after Walker at MPFab built me my custom catch can i had asked him if he wanted to make another. he said sure and again i drew up a mess that he made into a work of art.

now on to the second can. this one is called the DanSPEC DSB can. ''dip stick breather'' this can is cool. i have had it for quit some time and i really like it. it also features a single -8 line that go's to the pcv valve on the valve cover and on the bottom of the can there is a 3/8s line that go's to a fitting on the dip stick which releases the pressures in the bottom of the engine. this also acts as a drain so this can never needs to be emptied. this can also has -8 black braided line ''which can also be changed per your request'' a type of baffle and similar design to the first can. it has 1 vented breather on it and inside that runner there is also media material to help separate the vapors. here are some pic's. sorry there not the best

well there you have it. i hope you like it.

NOTE' with both of these cans you will need to make your own brackets for mounting. if you are local to me i can make them for you custom onto your car. the reason for this is everyone's car is different and not everyone can mount these cans like i have. so this gives you the ability to move them around and mount it anywhere you want. also for the line fittings that are attached to the cans can be moved anywhere you want for even more user friendly setups and installation. it also give's you the ability to make are catch cans more custom and one off for you and your ride but with that said you will have different length line. You will need to either get your own lines or MPFab will send lines at your request only. Just let him know the amount you want. These are also universal and not evo specific

Last edited by EvoDan2004; Nov 25, 2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love it dan. After you fix my issues we will make the call to order this can. and hide all the cables for that clean look.

Last edited by blackdemon; Oct 18, 2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

good review, and your bay looks grear
Old Nov 24, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ww04
good review, and your bay looks grear
thanks man
Old Nov 24, 2009, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
very nice I like!!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 05:29 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice. I really like the mounting location.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 12:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
where did you get that hose ?

is that leftovers?

cb
Old Nov 26, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CBRD
where did you get that hose ?

is that leftovers?

cb
i got it from some dude in p.a. C something. CDRB? OR CBDA.

thank you.
Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Very creative design. Looks real clean, great job
Old Nov 28, 2009, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

those are nice catch cans!
Old Nov 28, 2009, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

thanks guys. these things are working great
Old Feb 17, 2010, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

MPFab rules.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

my pocket is shrinking just looking at this thread dan
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by e\/olution
my pocket is shrinking just looking at this thread dan
james i think your pocket is shrinking just talking to me. haha. your going to have a fast 2010 my friend.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

haha

Quick Reply: DanSPEC oil catch cans from MPFab.