Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

EPIC Motorsports, STM, Force-Fed & More!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the blue X that was running rich as hell down the track....had some niceee evos great jobs guys. I need to get a hold of bobby for a tune.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 04:50 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the kind words Christian! I really wanted to just put your tranny in my car when we had it out, lol.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
^lol
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice Write up Christian! I look forward to getting home and working on my car and hopefully these guys can help me out too! maybe some will work for parts? or beer!?!?!?! LOL I hope to see you guys this spring. Save a shirt for me Justin and a small for Meg!!!

Josh
Old Nov 17, 2009, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Will do^^ just remind me what size to get you as im going to do flex fits, and pit crew dickie shirts as well.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by olmoscd
EPIC Motorsports: First off, Robbie and Jason are the heat. They do absolutely everything they can to help me reach my goal. Laid back guys, yet hard working, they have a real passion for motorsports. Jason has done quite a bit of slaving on my car. The day before the shootout drag day my clutch TOB clip popped out of my Exedy Twin and he was all over it immediately. That night he and a few others labored until 1AM to get my car done. A real determined group!

The facility has a Mustang Dyno and it doesn't lie. I say this because there are Mustang Dyno's out there that post numbers that are attractive, but don't equate to real world performance. If you take your car to EPIC, you're going to get HP and TQ numbers that are real and accurate. For example: My car made 460WHP and 400WTQ, then we made a drag pass on it and ran a 11.25 @ 124MPH. The day before the track day, we made 10 more WHP and ran a 11.23 @ 125MPH. That, my friends, tells you the dyno is actually creating load and simulating track conditions just like the real world. It was crazy how close the dyno was at predicting our times.

Bobby@EPIC (Crewdawg130): Quite simply, he's done everything for me. He's been my friend, my mechanic, my tuner and my drinking buddy. Upon meeting him, you'd think he's your average C-130 Aircraft technician in the airforce, but after seeing his Evo VIII he tuned, seeing the 500+WHP engines he's built and tuned, seeing his 9 Sec. beetle and seeing his skills driving down the dragstrip, you'll see there's more to him than just serving the country. Bobby is a highly talented man who has a high value of loyalty toward his peers. I don't know what else to say. You can't go wrong with this guy.

STM Tuning/Motorsports: The whole crew from STM showed up at EPIC and blew everyone away with the quality and craftsmanship of their "Ricer" Evo. It's one thing to see pictures, but it's another to see a passionately built Evo in person. The pictures don't do it justice, ladies and gentlemen. It is a finely crafted automobile.

Anyway, Emery and the rest of the STM staff were great. Very humble and professional people. We all had a great time, but when the track day came around, everyone meant business. This is proved by the times that the STM cars posted. Everything from a built semi-drag car running 9.75 @ 150MPH to a real street, stock block, Evo VIII RS running 10.79 @ 130MPH (which is my goal, btw ).

I bought STM's Exedy clutch stop for less than $100.00 and we ran my car all day without a single problem. Before, the clutch clip popped out on the first pass we made on the dyno. I refused to continue running that clutch unless there was a real solution out there that would prevent me from having to spend money on repositiong/replacing the TOB clip. That solution was STM's Clutch Stop. I couldn't be happier with it. Thanks STM.

Force-Fed Performance: These guys are local, and I don't know what I'd do without them. For me it all started with James@Force-Fed. He took care of my transmission swap from an OEM 6MT to a Shepherd Racing built Ultimate Ratio 5-Speed. He changed that, added stainless steel brake lines, changed my clutch, and serviced all my fluids in one day! James is a hard worker and has excellent customer service etiquette. He's just a great guy to deal with.

Justin@Force-Fed has also helped very much in my car's progress. Saturday, he was there advising me (Along with STM and EPIC) on what to do to get my car running Sunday and was invaluable in our progress. He put some elbow grease into getting my car done and with that, I can say for sure that Force-Fed Performance has earned my future business. They are a professional, yet humble, easy to deal with group of guys. I will continue working with them.

Tweaker41: Thank you so much for helping with my car. I kept telling you, "You're not getting paid for this, you know." Yet you kept on helping. I know my car wouldn't have ran Sunday without you. Thanks a lot brotha' not only for that, but for spotting me those $80 to buy my clutch stop! LOL.
We had fun at the shootout, it nice to meet new people. Bobby blew me away with taking ur tranny out in like what 5 min, lol and awesome job running your car. I hope next year we get more big boys to come and race. STM crew was very nice, and thanks for the clutch stopper
Old Nov 17, 2009, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks you Tim.