Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

My ETS 'Exhaust System' Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 04:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ETS messed up and he posted his experience. No need to flame him if you're nut swinging.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ETS Michael
We will send you a refund when the exhaust arrives, the call tag should be in your email.

The box was not labeled for his order, we do our best to recycle the boxes when the customers upgrade or cancel the order. We ship out tons of these systems so we have tons of boxes when random wording from orders. It's just the way it goes.

We offered up a 20% discount to try to resolve the problem, i'm not sure how many vendors would have offered such a discount for an honest mistake.

The customer will be getting a full refund when the product returns.

Thanks!

Michael
I have to agree with michael i have placed dozens of orders with them and have gotten boxes with random wording on them which was not in the box. Ets is top notch and have hooked me up and plenty of things for my car and if anything ever goes wrong they are there to help!

You cant expect a full turboback for a X for 750 thats just crazy. It says in plan day v2 exhuast, you did not clarify turboback anywhere in the pm when you were trying to lowball them. No wonder these companies go under.. And so ya know bashing vendors can get you banned on here, just a heads up.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by varner88
I have to agree with michael i have placed dozens of orders with them and have gotten boxes with random wording on them which was not in the box. Ets is top notch and have hooked me up and plenty of things for my car and if anything ever goes wrong they are there to help!

You cant expect a full turboback for a X for 750 thats just crazy. It says in plan day v2 exhuast, you did not clarify turboback anywhere in the pm when you were trying to lowball them. No wonder these companies go under.. And so ya know bashing vendors can get you banned on here, just a heads up.
I clearly asked the price for the turbo-back mufflerless system in the thread, which spawned the PM'd price to me. Please do not misconstrue the issue any further.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tvieira24
ETS messed up and he posted his experience. No need to flame him if you're nut swinging.
This.

(And this includes the warning to keep it on point or don't post here.)
Old Apr 1, 2010, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SmikeEvo edit: ...see what I posted.

Last edited by Smike; Apr 2, 2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

I would like to note that the catback exhaust portion they did send was of good quality. The engineering that went into it turned out a well designed piece, which is one of the reasons I wanted it. (mainly their fitment) The quality of 3'' pipe used is good, the flanges are good, and their welds are pretty good. The point of this is not to rip on the quality of their parts.. as I also have their intake and UICP. Both of those are top notch quality as well.

Last edited by wiretap; Apr 1, 2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Ok look I place blame on both parties Michael@ETS clearly misunderstood the OP request for the turbo back PM price. But the OP is also at fault here when you got the price you should have realized somethingis not right here the turbo back on the website clearly goes for 1600. I know the vendors here give great deals all the time but 800+ discount I mean come on you should have said Mike is that for the turbo back? But ETS is a standup vendor that admits where they may have gone wrong and corrects the problem. I ordered some parts from AWDMotorsports and some of it came directly from ETS which sent me the incorrect IC pipping. I made a phone call and it was all taken cared of. I like ETS as well as other vendors here and they always try and do right but us afterall we are their free advertisement

Last edited by DBallz; Apr 2, 2010 at 04:17 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 05:20 AM
Evolved Member

Seems it was a misunderstanding on both parts. Anyone can clearly see he quoted the price for a catback exhaust. If I had recieved that I would have double checked with the vendor,mostly because I'm thorough. Thats over 50% of retail for the entire system. Why/how could you possibly think you would be getting such a large discount? I can vouche for the fact that random markings come on their boxes. I have ordered lots and lots of stuff through them as I'm on my second build and again will only be using ETS parts. It is unfortunate the mistake was made, however you can't only blame the vendor here!
Old Apr 2, 2010, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

I have quotes from other vendors for a simple turbo-back system like this for not much more money. (within $100) That's why I didn't see it as out of place or odd. I will be ordering from another vendor shortly after I get my refund.

ETS has scheduled a pick-up via UPS today, so it will be on it's way back to them.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 06:16 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More of these huh!?!?!

Ahhh....my gawd.

As long as you got your refund back, just let life go on. Humans make mistakes. You're not a Deer.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Why the need to place blame? To be honest, seeing the way ETS handled your case, this is actually a positive review for them

If $750 is your budget, i recommend looking through the classified section.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

I sell items on ebay all the time. I get used boxes form work that have all sorts of labels on them and writing. We have some brown box tape that I use to cover up all old shipping labels, notes, and incorrect labels. I think a vendor should do the same if boxes are reused.

Still wouldn't have solved anything here. Just a tip...
Old Apr 2, 2010, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evremonde
Why the need to place blame? To be honest, seeing the way ETS handled your case, this is actually a positive review for them
Just sharing an experience.. this forum is for service reviews. You are free to interpret it how you want.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

UPS just picked up the exhaust. ETS customer support has promptly resolved the issue, now I'm just awaiting the refund and this thread will be closed.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This type of situation is common place when making deals via PM, and then sending a paypal payment. You were looking for a "deal" that is processed outside the vendors system (using their website), and this will always introduce the chance of error. looks like they are giving you what you want, your money back. Next time, take the extra time to do the following:

- Ask for a proper invoice before sending payment, so you can verify.
- Place vendor part numbers and detailed descriptions in your paypal notes field when sending the money. This states exactly what you are paying for.

What's written on the box is far from "binding". It's the invoice that counts.

Last edited by jid2; Apr 2, 2010 at 03:12 PM.

Quick Reply: My ETS 'Exhaust System' Review