Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

I want to share my experience regarding shopping with Lancershop

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, that's the whole principle of the matter. If you screw up, own up to it and make it right.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

I almost always use Fedex to ship stuff. I've had thousands of dollars of damage to items shipped via UPS and they loose things more than anyone else. And getting your insurance money from UPS takes a very long time. Neither here nor there.

Leave a note to the Fedex driver and they will re-deliver on Saturday. Or do you work on Saturday?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:13 AM

That sucks. I've always had better luck with UPS. That's why I chose them in the first place. If it were a high dollar item, it'd be different. I'd call to order and I would request signature confirmation. It's just a set of bushings though which is why I selected UPS Ground. I already spoke with FedEx and they said they won't redeliver on Saturday because it requires 3 attempts for the signature at the ship-to address. After the 3 attempts, they won't redeliver and I will have to go pick them up. There's a FedEx Express warehouse about 5 minutes from my work location, but they said they can't relocate their because I guess they pretty much function like separate entities.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man sorry to hear that . It does suck about the crappy service we are being provided nowadays. some companies forget that we're the ones keeping them in business
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:23 AM

exactly. i don't have a problem with screwups here and there, especially with large companies or vendors that move a lot of volume. screwups are going to happen, but when they do screw it up, don't sit there and say "oh well. i guess you're SOL." make it right. if somebody is paying you for a service and you don't provide that service correctly, then it should be made right.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

There's a FedEx Express warehouse about 5 minutes from my work location, but they said they can't relocate their because I guess they pretty much function like separate entities.
Fedex Ground and Fedex Express are different companies - the Ground drivers actually own the route they drive and no one else can deliver Fedex Ground pakcages. All the Fedex Express drivers are employees of Fedex. Kinda weird.

I usually ship (outbound packages) Fedex Ground and the Ground driver usually gets to the office before 0900. The Fedex Express drivers are here ~1000 to deliver and then again ~1430 to pick-up and the Express drives won't take Ground packages. Took me a while to learn the system.

I'm really lucky here as we have a full-fledged international shipping/receiving department and I can get stuff and send stuff from work. A couple lunches a year where I keep the margaritas floiwng keeps me in good terms with the SR staff.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:29 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I won't be ordering from them
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:30 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Speaking of costumer service, I recently purchased 3 items from 3 different vendors:

1. First item was not shipped on time. After I inquired ~10 days later, it was finally shipped and 50% of the purchase price was refunded as an apology.

2. Second vendor shipped an incorrect item. After being notified, they issued a call tag and shipped the correct item immediately, and included some freebies.

3. Third vendor shipped an incorrect item. After being notified, they asked for it to be shipped back on my dime, and I have not received the replacement. It's been 2 weeks.

Now, which of these vendors will not be getting any further patronage from yours truly? Not hard to figure out.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:31 AM

Well, unfortunately with us, everything with shipping/receiving gets reported, and anything coming in as a personal gets reported. It's a big no/no with us because of the work we do. Only reason I had given her my work email address was because I assumed it would be relocated to the location near here. I didn't know FedEx Ground and FedEx Express were separate entities. In any case, I don't have an issue with FedEx, it's just a pain in the butt that I will have to go pick them up and drive 80 miles when I shouldn't have to in the first place if they were shipped via the option I chose.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:35 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
They are pretty much only good for decent prices.

Sorry to hear about your dealings though.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

I never ordered stuff from them because their prices are to high. Now I definitely won't order anything from them. Sorry you had to go through that crap. I'd be frustrated also.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:37 AM

Agreed FJF. Oh I'll be even more annoyed if I drive the 80 miles to pick them up and they end up being the wrong parts. It's the principle of the matter and I stated that to her, that if they would have shipped out via UPS Ground like I selected, we wouldn't have been having the conversation with her. Don't blame it on the warehouse and say you can't do anything about it. Own up to it and fix it. I've had good experiences with vendors taking care of things when they screwed up and I've had others pull the same thing that happened today where they pretty much say "Oh well, we already screwed up, you have to deal with it." Oh, and just for the record, the reason their are probably no bad testimonials on Lancershop's website is they screen every testimonial for feedback before they post it. I found out the hard way. I posted feedback on their site about it and it said it would be sent to the database administrator's first for approval and then they will decide if they're going to post it.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:39 AM

Thanks for the support.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

I know your issue is with lancershop...and I agree it sucks.

Usually if you sign the back of the slip and leave a note the fedex driver will leave the package at your door.

Its worth a shot at this point, and maybe you'll get them tomorrow.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea i think if a mod deletes this, than that is bad. really bad. we can give positive reviews, but we cant give negative reviews? he didnt bad mouth the company at all, he just talked about his experience and copy/pasted a conversation. The mods better not delete this post. freedom of speech ftw. We as a customer have a right to know if a company screws over there customers.

Quick Reply: I want to share my experience regarding shopping with Lancershop