Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Mellon Tune Review (second tune)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mellon Tune Review (second tune)

Well I have completed my now second tune with Chris and Mellon Tuning. Everything again went smoothly as before, and I have to thank Chris for doing a lot of the work over the weekend... obviously you pay someone for their services, but everyone needs off, and I only had certain times I could do a lot of this. Chris was helpful in helping me to get all set up and ready to start. I think it was about 10 different times I went out to log, each time very slowly upping everything.

The end result is a VERY fast car. You feel like it's sort of the same car... until the turbo begins to spool.. and THEN the difference is where the standard stage 2 Cobb map and custom tune shows (in fairness however I was using a 3 port that was tuned by Golden and it felt very good).

I did a long pull from first gear to complete the tune and the speed just keeps going up, almost at a rate that seems to increase as it goes faster instead of slowing down like your stock X.... or pretty much any car.

After a good portion of the day finishing up the tune, my neck hurts. I took my brother in the law for a ride... his neck and eyes hurt. It pulls, it pulls fast and it pulls hard. A short throw shifter is now needed to get to the next gears quick enough before i'm bouncing off 8,000 rpm which takes almost no time to get to.

The price of the custom tune was worth it as was the last tune I did with Mellon. I am pretty sure I am finished with the mods and the tuning, as extra money must now shift from the car to the house my wife and I are building.

In closing, if you are in the market for a custom tune over the net, Mellon is the way to go, if you are in the market for a tuner at all, Mellon is the way to go. Couldn't be happier!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats, sounds like your X is on another level . No doubt Chris does fantastic work. When I decide on the turbo upgrade and injectors, my business will only go to Mellon Tuning
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:17 PM
Account Disabled

thanks guys and Evan thanks again for letting me tune the X, I enjoyed it

here's the VD chart:

Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:56 PM
Account Disabled

here's Evan's old AP tune I did for him a long time ago vs a few new mods and ecuflash.