Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

EGR code

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow EGR code

I have 18,4XX miles on my IX. I have a code P0401, from what I can find on here about it sounds like a vacuum line on the EGR valve popped off. Is this fix still covered under factory warranty?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

If it sounds like a line popped of why don't you just check. If you start the car and let it idle and check chances are you will probably find it. I wouldn't waste my time going to a dealership for it.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
That code means that one of the lines popped off the EGR valve or solenoid. The valve is located right under the throttle body and has two hoses connected to it. The solenoid is located on the back left of the engine, behind/underneath the intake manifold and has 3 hoses connected to it.

Make sure all 5 of those connection are still connected. Most likely, one of them came off.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After you re connect the hose, take off the negative battery cable for a couple minutes to reset
The CPU.

N
Old Aug 13, 2010, 08:27 AM

you'll have to reach under the throttle body, you won't be able to see the hoses. you'll have to feel for it. do it when the car is cold, or you'll burn yourself. unless you have mechanics hands.

it will end up popping off again eventually, i've applied super glue, and that eventually cracks and it pops off. might be able to do glue with a zip tie, that might hold it on enough - but it is a fine line of tightness before the rubber is stressed too much.

this usually only happens with boost levels above 24lbs~.

Permanent solution: egr delete.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 10:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by z0iid
you'll have to reach under the throttle body, you won't be able to see the hoses. you'll have to feel for it. do it when the car is cold, or you'll burn yourself. unless you have mechanics hands.

it will end up popping off again eventually, i've applied super glue, and that eventually cracks and it pops off. might be able to do glue with a zip tie, that might hold it on enough - but it is a fine line of tightness before the rubber is stressed too much.

this usually only happens with boost levels above 24lbs~.

Permanent solution: egr delete.

You dont need to glue it. Just using some proper sized zip ties will keep it on. I zip tied mine and they dont blow off at 30psi.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

+1, zip ties worked just fine for me at 28psi.