Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

VR Speed Factory and Muse products THOROUGH Reviews

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up VR Speed Factory and Muse products THOROUGH Reviews

This is a VR Speed Factory and Muse upper and lower intercooler pipes and battery tray review. Sorry it's a little long.

I originally purchased a Muse UICP (long route) and LICP through MAP. I was a little skeptical b/c I felt the Muse brand was associated with e-bay products. Both pipes arrived in good packaging. I test fitted the UICP and it fit perfectly. But after installing, I decided the short route would be a better choice with a mini battery (it would also make room for my large synapse bov). The LICP fit perfectly as well. The pipes are made of stainless steel so bending of the pipes was not an issue when I tightened the Muse provided t-bolts.

When I decided to pick up the short route, I went to Tiago@VRSF directly. I told him that I already had the long route. He offered me roughly 80 percent credit return for what I originally paid for but told me I can get more through selling it in the classifieds; he was right.

After placing the order for a short route and the mini battery, I received the battery relatively soon but did not receive the UICP. So I contacted Tiago. Tiago took responsibility for the delay in the delivery of my order and was very apologetic. He then got everything straightened out and offered to give me at his cost my next purchase. A little time later (after I gave up on the idea of building my own battery tray haha) I ordered the Muse battery tray, and Tiago gave it to me at below his cost (and about a month later I picked up some injectors at his cost too).

When I installed the short route, it wasn't fitting properly. So I AIM'd Tiago for help. He suggested I use a spacing bracket for my ETS Garret core FMIC, which would give the UICP the space it needed. He told me he would be online all day and I should contact him if I need any additional help (this was on a Saturday btw). The UICP fits well with the bracket but not perfect. I think with some adjustments I can make it better but it's not needed though. On Monday he PM'd me to see how the install went. I was amazed to see him follow up on his own. It really shows you VRSF's attention and care they give to their customers. I also appreciated how Tiago went above and beyond to remedy the prior situation. Thank you!

Synopsis:
-VRSF: Great customer service and good honest people to deal with. Genuinely seem to care about customer satisfaction.
-Muse LICP: Perfect fitment. Amazing stainless steel quality (will withstand very tightened t-bolts)
-Muse UICP (short route): Good fitment. Amazing stainless steel quality.
-Must UICP (long route): Perfect fitment. Amazing stainless steel quality.
-Muse Battery tray: Perfect fitment. Easy to install.

I'll try to get pic up soon.

Thanks for reading,
Demetri

Last edited by dtrackstar; Aug 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tiago is definitely a stand up guy and a real businessman, he will do what it takes to make the customer happy, that's why if they can get a part I need i'd rather buy from him than anyone else.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I totally agree! Also if there is any confusion or delay he MORE than makes up for it!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 04:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words guys!
Old Aug 17, 2011, 04:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
the muse piping is top notch.. you couldnt bend it with a tbolt if you tried.. its really high quality pipe not flimsy junk. the tbolts supplied are also top notch.. they do not break, bend, dig into couplers etc.. not to mention the couplers are all 3-4 ply silicone and high quality as well.

for the price you pay for the muse piping and equipt its unbeatable.. and im not just saying this because i work for and help Tiago.. im saying this because i have direct experience with fitment, quality, and customer service before i became a tuner for vr-speed.

I run the upper pipe on my car and it fits like a glove.. i also would run the lower but my FMIC doesnt allow me that.
Old May 4, 2012, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump for anyone interested in these, we're currently running a sale
Old May 4, 2012, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

I am having fitment issues also with the ETS FMIC. When installed, the short route UICP seems too long from the FMIC to the intake manifold, so the air flow is not smooth and I was leaking like crazy when I started the car. I rechecked all the line and clamps and ended up having to install my stock UICP which eliminated the leak and the stuttering. Yes I do agree the product is amazing, Im just having some fitment issues right now.
Old May 4, 2012, 11:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bcampbell782
I am having fitment issues also with the ETS FMIC. When installed, the short route UICP seems too long from the FMIC to the intake manifold, so the air flow is not smooth and I was leaking like crazy when I started the car. I rechecked all the line and clamps and ended up having to install my stock UICP which eliminated the leak and the stuttering. Yes I do agree the product is amazing, Im just having some fitment issues right now.
That's a bit odd, I've installed quite a few of these on the ETS FMIC as well as AMS, Buschur & the stock intercooler without any problems. Shoot me an e-mail or a PM with a picture if you can and I'll help you resolve this
Old May 6, 2012, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Okay I will send you some pics of the fitment when I re-install the UICP.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
^ did you guys get this resolved??
I have a muse SRUICP and am looking at an ets 3 inch. Are there still fitment issues?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Yessir, just comment that you have an ETS FMIC when purchasing and you'll be clear. It seems these are about .5-1" too long when installing with an ETS FMIC is the supplied spacers aren't used.