Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Vsrf/tscompusa tom tuned

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Vsrf/tscompusa tom tuned-happy guy here

Another happy customer here. Tom spent countless hours diagnosing and correcting my EVO until we got it running perfect.

I picked up the car about a month ago with a tune from Sean Ivey on it, the car would flash the SES light under hard acceleration and overall was just jerky and felt like the engine was being strained even at only 23psi.

A short modlist of the car when i got it:

Buit Top End Supertech Valves/Springs Retainers
GSC S2 Cams
Stock bottom end
ETS 3.5" FMIC
Injen CAI and UICP
Crushed Stock IX BOV
EXEDY Twin Disk
3" Turboback HKS Hi Power with a Magnoflow resonator welded in
Walbro Pump
HKS Mushroom Intake

I picked up a set of FIC Bluemax 1450's as I know i will want to go bigger down the road and Tom started working his magic. Initially my car wouldnt start, I spent about a day retracing all my grounds only to find it was a random corrupt rom. The next day we went to work. Tom created maps all the way from "A" to L" until we got the idle and ltft trims where he wanted. From there we went all the way to revision # 11 where it currently sits.

I am still a newby to these vehicles so I was constantly asking him questions and pissing him off. He was able to tolerate me and we finally got this thing running damn near perfect. He was able to assist me in locating and troubleshooting potential problems and got back to me when I needed his help. He was tuning this thing until almost 4am in the morning with me.

Honestly for the price he charges I think he's doing himself a disfavor because he spent >8hrs between diagnosing back and forth tuning with me and reviewing my logs. His tunes are spot on and he deserves more than he's asking for IMO. I will absolutely continuing to do business with him down the road and recommend him to anyone who wants to get their EVO fast and reliable.

Car is currently tuned to 26.5-20psi @ redline on 93 octane in a 3rd gear pull.

Power results can be found here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-93octane.html

Best Regards,
Jeff

Last edited by j255c; Aug 16, 2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom is tuning my car right now as well and doing a heck of job. He is been very patient with me and is a lot of help trying to track down problems {thumb up}.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 06:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
thanks for the review Jeff.. e85 next!

turbo impala you are the other Jeff im tuning with the ef4?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
thanks for the review Jeff.. e85 next!

turbo impala you are the other Jeff im tuning with the ef4?
yes tom